Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Lana Del Rey is better than Radiohead

Sat January 13, 2018 12:16 am

CHeets Joe. I’ll get to it one day. After Strange Mercy maybe.

Sat January 13, 2018 12:18 am

LetMeSleep wrote:CHeets Joe. I’ll get to it one day. After Strange Mercy maybe.

:luv:

Strange Mercy absolutely takes precedence.

Sat January 13, 2018 3:30 am

Maybe after Cheap Trick at Budokan.

Sat January 13, 2018 4:37 am

durdencommatyler wrote:
theplatypus wrote:Bland and bad

I'm not familiar with that one. I've heard all her records and I'm pretty sure that's not one of them.

No the song is bland and bald

Bald on the inside

Sat January 13, 2018 5:37 am

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Sat January 13, 2018 6:51 pm

I forgot about the Creep thing and just listened to that video and instantly thought Creep

Mon January 15, 2018 6:51 pm

it's pretty blatant

Mon January 15, 2018 7:07 pm

Given to Fly to California

Mon January 15, 2018 7:19 pm

i mean, i'd give her props if she copped Creep and wrote a better song, but that's not the case (unlike GTF and GTC)

Mon January 15, 2018 7:24 pm

I just have a hard time with all of this "he/she ripped of X/Y" stuff, in general. The similarity is clear. And I won't speak to the worth of either song because that's subjective nonsense.

For me, Colin Meloy summed it up best on twitter:

Mon January 15, 2018 7:38 pm

And that guy knows a thing or two about recycling old chord progressions

Mon January 15, 2018 7:42 pm

theplatypus wrote:And that guy knows a thing or two about recycling old chord progressions

the Jerry Seinfeld of musicians?

Mon January 15, 2018 7:43 pm

theplatypus wrote:And that guy knows a thing or two about recycling old chord progressions

I mean, riiiiiiiiiiiight?!

El Oh El

Mon January 15, 2018 8:34 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:Given to Fly to California

I never heard that one really. Mike is just incapable of not being derivative and lame.

Mon January 15, 2018 9:01 pm

If the laws were mine to revise, I would eliminate all authorship copyright laws except for in instances of large scale, unmistakeable forgery. Like, if an artist records an album called "Vitalogy" and it contains the exact same fourteen songs that are on Pearl Jam's album yet the artist claims to have written them him- or herself, the artist should be required to make that right -- and even in this case, I'm not sure I believe that ought to entail anything beyond giving the original artist the proper credit. For years, musical forms (folk, blues, jazz, spirituals) existed, evolved, and thrived with the understanding that the art form was built on a common language that could be improved upon, tweaked, refined, etc., the same way a carpenter might take the existing design for a chair or table and put his or her own singular touch on it. It's only relatively recently -- not surprisingly, since the art form was taken over by business people -- that this notion of owing someone money because you inadvertently stumbled upon something that they inadvertently stumbled upon twenty-five years ago became the norm. It has turned artists and their labels into a bunch of entitled crybabies who think they're the undisputed originators of every simple artistic idea that passes through their heads, and it has turned listeners into a bunch of self-satisfied asshats who act like they've solved the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa every time they realize that some song has the same basic four-chord sequence as some other song. I hate it so much. I hope Radiohead loses any legal proceeding involving this issue in spectacular fashion, and that Lana gives Thom Yorke the finger on the way out of the courtroom.

Mon January 15, 2018 9:19 pm

:thumbsup:

Mon January 15, 2018 10:03 pm

yeah buddy

Mon January 15, 2018 10:23 pm

i kinda doubt Radiohead the band is more than vaguely aware of this whole thing

Mon January 15, 2018 10:45 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:i kinda doubt Radiohead the band is more than vaguely aware of this whole thing

Hopefully that's the case.

Mon January 15, 2018 10:50 pm

Yeah, I presume it may be a publisher-driven thing.
Post a reply