The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 106  Next
 Post subject: Re: RIP Chris Cornell 1964 - 2017
PostPosted: Sat September 22, 2018 4:21 pm 
The Master

liebzz wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Everything about this strikes me as being in poor taste.

Poor Chris, and I feel for his kids.

I was just thinking that if Soundgarden released a posthumous album of stuff maybe they were finishing up I wouldn’t mind, or if the estate released a bevy of solo Cornell stuff I wouldn’t mind...or if a TotD live album from that tour was done I wouldn’t mind.

But somehow, I do mind that there’s this mishmash boxed set with everything jumbled together with no real logical point other than selling 4 discs for 11 songs or whatever. PKAMG (Post King Aminal Money Grab) by his estate?

Yeah, that's my read on this too. What'd she say in the press release? Something like " All Vicky has done since Chris's death is pour over his catalog."? Something like that...

Hurling some misogynist epithet at a woman I've never met seems like too much, so I'll just say that my impressions of this woman is not a good one.

PostPosted: Sun September 23, 2018 12:56 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

the fact that there is an oil tanker's worth of material out there on the internet about how she is a money-grubbing psychopath does not help to reduce any of the first hand creepiness effect either

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sun September 23, 2018 2:31 am 
jeeeesus relax already

Where do you guys got the info that she is that way? This comp looks alright and it’s what,the first thing they release?

PostPosted: Sun September 23, 2018 3:39 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

VinylGuy wrote:
Where do you guys got the info that she is that way? This comp looks alright and it’s what,the first thing they release?

You'd think they never saw posthumous releases before.

PostPosted: Sun September 23, 2018 7:07 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

People will find a way to complain about anything

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 1:36 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

this horrible thing:

http://www.fluttergirl.com/journal/archives/00000330.html

and this thing:

https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/chris-cornell-blind-item-might-explain-his-death.1182257/

and a smattering of stuff elsewhere about how she was a manipulator / gold-digger / etc

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 1:52 am 
jeeeesus relax already

I think its weird to be so hard on her. People are saying she killed him? It reminds me of the hatred to Courtney Love.

Anyway, i dont really care, im glad for the song to came out, its pretty good. So far both of Chris posthumous are good.

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 1:55 am 
Looks Like a Cat

What in the hell did I just attempt to read?

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 2:02 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

VinylGuy wrote:
I think its weird to be so hard on her. People are saying she killed him? It reminds me of the hatred to Courtney Love.

Anyway, i dont really care, im glad for the song to came out, its pretty good. So far both of Chris posthumous are good.

you don't seem to have read up on any of this

and grouping some of us who have expressed money-grab concerns about this box set alongside wackos making comments ala courtney love like you suggested is offensive

i think you do care

i am glad you like the box set

some have suggested it looks hastily / sloppily-thematically assembled

and probably for the purposes of making money

and i am one of those people

you are not

and that is fine

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 2:03 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

washing machine wrote:
What in the hell did I just attempt to read?

a window into back when the internet was a more primal place

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 2:17 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

9up calling other people wackos seems bizarre.

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 2:33 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

I remember scoffing at how Jeff Buckley's mother was "milking her son's legacy" by releasing a bunch of frivolous posthumous shit for a quick buck. Then I read a recent article (shared by contamination, I believe) about how Jeff left his family in crippling debt and those releases were a way to mitigate that. I don't know anything about Chris Cornell's financial situation, and certainly he was a lot more successful than Jeff Buckley, but that article opened my eyes to the fact that there is often more to these situations than we think. Also, it feels kind of gross to dump on this lady based on internet gossip.

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 2:40 am 
The Master

theplatypus wrote:
I remember scoffing at how Jeff Buckley's mother was "milking her son's legacy" by releasing a bunch of frivolous posthumous shit for a quick buck. Then I read a recent article (shared by contamination, I believe) about how Jeff left his family in crippling debt and those releases were a way to mitigate that. I don't know anything about Chris Cornell's financial situation, and certainly he was a lot more successful than Jeff Buckley, but that article opened my eyes to the fact that there is often more to these situations than we think. Also, it feels kind of gross to dump on this lady based on internet gossip.

I know next to nothing about Buckley, but how could he have left his family in "crippling debt"? Wiki doesn't mention a spouse or kids, so does "family" mean his parents and siblings? And if so, I don't see how he would be in a position to leave them in debt?

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 2:46 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

he took some loans from the record co

back to Vicky Katsuyakis - I don't know any of these people personally and am just some bum that reads internet articles but my understanding is she is disliked by PJ and CC's brother so go do the math

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 2:51 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

tragabigzanda wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

I know next to nothing about Buckley, but how could he have left his family in "crippling debt"? Wiki doesn't mention a spouse or kids, so does "family" mean his parents and siblings? And if so, I don't see how he would be in a position to leave them in debt?

I don't know the details, here is the article: https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/m ... c7e577003c

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 3:21 am 
10Club Complaint Department

theplatypus wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

I don't know the details, here is the article: https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/m ... c7e577003c

That doesn’t read as though he left his family in debt, rather that they couldn’t personally profit from posthumous releases until his (not unusual in major label record contracts) debt was settled; if anything, that article confirms the worst assumptions about these kind of things.

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 3:21 am 
jeeeesus relax already

96583UP wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

you don't seem to have read up on any of this

and grouping some of us who have expressed money-grab concerns about this box set alongside wackos making comments ala courtney love like you suggested is offensive

i think you do care

i am glad you like the box set

some have suggested it looks hastily / sloppily-thematically assembled

and probably for the purposes of making money

and i am one of those people

you are not

and that is fine

Yeah, of course its fine.
At the end of the day i dont really care about it either. And i wasnt saying you were a ¨wacko¨i just read something you posted but ey man suit yourself.

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 3:30 am 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

That doesn’t read as though he left his family in debt, rather that they couldn’t personally profit from posthumous releases until his (not unusual in major label record contracts) debt was settled; if anything, that article confirms the worst assumptions about these kind of things.

This was more or less my assumption. I don't even know his posthumous discography well enough to form an opinion (is it good or bad, by his die-hard fans' standards?), but I did want to push back on plat's post because I didn't see any way that Jeff could have left his family in debt. Short of any other information, i can totally see how a post-death marketing push could be really yucky in his scenario. FWIW, I think Elliott Smith's family has done a fine job of putting his legacy before a profit, if perhaps being a little too liberal with what they deemed worthy of a release.

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 3:33 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Sorry, I guess I either misread or misremembered the article

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 3:35 am 
The Master

THAT'S NO EXCUSE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 106  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands