Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Foo Fighters

Tue March 05, 2013 10:25 pm

Seriously been digging Wasting Light a lot lately. The sound on this album is unreal.

Re: Foo Fighters

Tue March 05, 2013 11:30 pm

ritchiem4812 wrote:Seriously been digging Wasting Light a lot lately. The sound on this album is unreal.

It's a really good record. They haven't made a bad one, IMO. Let's rank them!

The Colour and the Shape
There Is Nothing Left To Lose
One By One
Wasting Light
In Your Honor
Foo Fighters
Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace

Wed March 06, 2013 12:35 am

rankings!?! hell yes

TCATS

S/T
There is Nothing Left to Lose
In Your Honor
One By One
Wasting Light
Echoes Silence Patience & Grace

Wed March 06, 2013 1:13 am

I gotta say the first 3 are still records I regularly listen too after all these years. I don't think the debut is the strongest album but it's the one I definitely dig the most probably cause of the relatively raw quality to it. I loved TCATS when I was younger but it feels like there is too much emphasis on the guitars being loud as hell. The 10 year anniversary remaster was particularly slammed. TINLTL has a bit stronger songwriting than TCATS.

Foo Fighters
There is Nothing Left to Lose
TCATS
In Your Honor
Wasting Light
One By One
Echoes Silence Patience & Grace

Wed March 06, 2013 1:16 am

I wonder when they're going to release an official live album with the electric band performances. There must be some rippers in the archives.

Wed March 06, 2013 1:39 am

Fuzzcharger wrote:I wonder when they're going to release an official live album with the electric band performances. There must be some rippers in the archives.

i've had some rippers in my archive all week

Wed March 06, 2013 1:41 am

bodysnatcher wrote:
Fuzzcharger wrote:I wonder when they're going to release an official live album with the electric band performances. There must be some rippers in the archives.

i've had some rippers in my archive all week

Racist.

Mon May 20, 2013 6:51 pm

http://www1.rollingstone.com/hearitnow/ ... gerty.html

Tue July 30, 2013 4:46 pm

Wed July 31, 2013 11:51 am

White Limo is my favourite Foo Fighters song by an absolute mile. Ultimate rockin out

Wed July 31, 2013 8:42 pm

I still think the first album was the best. Someday I want to hear a Dave Grohl solo record again.

Wed July 31, 2013 10:40 pm

fishbob wrote:White Limo is my favourite Foo Fighters song by an absolute mile. Ultimate rockin out

They opened with it last time i saw them. I do wish there was a version with undistorted vocals.

Wed July 31, 2013 11:12 pm

Will wrote:I still think the first album was the best. Someday I want to hear a Dave Grohl solo record again.

It's got a real simplistic quality to the song writing which I love. I think all the albums got better technically and more musically sophisticated after this but Foo Fighters has a bit of a garage quality which ticks a lot of boxes for me.

Wed July 31, 2013 11:16 pm

Will wrote:I still think the first album was the best.

Agreed. Some really wonderful songs there, especially "Exhausted".

Thu August 01, 2013 6:51 am

theplatypus wrote:
Will wrote:I still think the first album was the best.

Agreed. Some really wonderful songs there, especially "Exhausted".

Yeah, I've never really looked over their album closers, but that one is phenomenal. New Way Home and MIA are all right, too, but most of the other ones are forgettable.

Good Grief is another S/T track that kind of floated under the radar. Love that one. X-Static. Oh, George. Some nice deep cuts on that first album.

Thu August 01, 2013 7:06 am

Yeah, I still dig the debut too.

Thu August 01, 2013 8:56 am

Birds in Hell wrote:Yeah, I still dig the debut too.

It's still their best record.

Thu August 01, 2013 5:22 pm

Another voice for the chorus. The debut was a titanic, one-of-a-kind album--in many ways I view it as a kind of cultural tombstone for the grunge era. They've written a lot of good-to-great songs since but none of them have had that feel.

Thu August 01, 2013 6:50 pm

I'm biased because I've grown up in the same area he did and he's a local hero around DC, but I still think he's got some creativity left in the tank despite some of the softer music and a general hatred for how over-exposed he is.

He's still right up there with Jonny Greenwood and Matt Cameron to me in terms of modern influences.

Thu August 01, 2013 6:54 pm

The color and the shape is my favorite from them.
Post a reply