The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Foo Fighters
PostPosted: Thu August 24, 2017 9:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 17849
theplatypus wrote:
Don't they inject a bunch of jam sections and stuff? I remember seeing a live version of "My Hero" that ended with a jam section

Dave Grohl hops onto a set of toms at the end of that song. That is literally the only live moment I've seen from them that approached anything resembling a divergence from their albums.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Foo Fighters
PostPosted: Thu August 24, 2017 9:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 8906
Location: Alive in the Superunknown
tragabigzanda wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Don't they inject a bunch of jam sections and stuff? I remember seeing a live version of "My Hero" that ended with a jam section

Dave Grohl hops onto a set of toms at the end of that song. That is literally the only live moment I've seen from them that approached anything resembling a divergence from their albums.

They'll stretch out bridges and stuff similar to the abortion that Corduroy has turned into.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Foo Fighters
PostPosted: Thu August 24, 2017 10:09 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 11:52 pm
Posts: 1037
wease wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Don't they inject a bunch of jam sections and stuff? I remember seeing a live version of "My Hero" that ended with a jam section

Dave Grohl hops onto a set of toms at the end of that song. That is literally the only live moment I've seen from them that approached anything resembling a divergence from their albums.

They'll stretch out bridges and stuff similar to the abortion that Corduroy has turned into.

yeah, they jam a lot of things out. they sound pretty rehearsed on them though


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Foo Fighters
PostPosted: Thu August 24, 2017 10:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 27216
Location: don't PM me I don't have anything
tragabigzanda wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Don't they inject a bunch of jam sections and stuff? I remember seeing a live version of "My Hero" that ended with a jam section

Dave Grohl hops onto a set of toms at the end of that song. That is literally the only live moment I've seen from them that approached anything resembling a divergence from their albums.

That's not what I saw. The live performance I saw had a lot of jamming

_________________
tragabigzanda wrote:
Stop it, this is pissing me off.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Foo Fighters
PostPosted: Thu August 24, 2017 10:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 17849
theplatypus wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Don't they inject a bunch of jam sections and stuff? I remember seeing a live version of "My Hero" that ended with a jam section

Dave Grohl hops onto a set of toms at the end of that song. That is literally the only live moment I've seen from them that approached anything resembling a divergence from their albums.

That's not what I saw. The live performance I saw had a lot of jamming

Liar!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Foo Fighters
PostPosted: Thu August 24, 2017 10:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 13012
Location: Seattle, WA
Pearl Jamming? or Foo Fighting?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Foo Fighters
PostPosted: Fri August 25, 2017 6:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
Jeff's Infallible Pendulum
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 2:06 am
Posts: 1947
Location: Australia
theplatypus wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Don't they inject a bunch of jam sections and stuff? I remember seeing a live version of "My Hero" that ended with a jam section

Dave Grohl hops onto a set of toms at the end of that song. That is literally the only live moment I've seen from them that approached anything resembling a divergence from their albums.

That's not what I saw. The live performance I saw had a lot of jamming


That Wembley dvd turned all those 3-4 minute radio singles into 8 minute pointless jams. They still do it live when I saw them on the last tour. It gets boring quick.

_________________
Lament wrote:
Like I always say, "Anyone who thinks getting kicked in the nuts by one person sucks has never gotten kicked in the nuts by two people at the same time."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Foo Fighters
PostPosted: Fri August 25, 2017 6:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 27216
Location: don't PM me I don't have anything
Yeah I'm not saying it's good. Just that it is different from the studio version.



This isn't the performance I saw, but they did it here too from 48:15 onward. They do it on a bunch of songs.

_________________
tragabigzanda wrote:
Stop it, this is pissing me off.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Foo Fighters
PostPosted: Fri August 25, 2017 2:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 17849
Yeah, they didn't do any of that when I saw them. But it's boring AF.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Foo Fighters
PostPosted: Fri August 25, 2017 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:15 pm
Posts: 5798
I'm sure the Foomily eat up those live jams.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Foo Fighters
PostPosted: Thu September 07, 2017 8:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 13012
Location: Seattle, WA


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Foo Fighters
PostPosted: Fri September 08, 2017 12:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 11976
Thats the worst song they did. They are not even trying....and the vocals sound so processed and clean. Horrible.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Foo Fighters
PostPosted: Fri September 08, 2017 3:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 10761
These guys (and Weezer) are playing about about a five minute drive from my house in January, thinking of going along. Haven't seen them since 1998.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Foo Fighters
PostPosted: Wed September 13, 2017 12:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu February 02, 2017 10:39 am
Posts: 1052
Location: Most likely at the office...
Birds in Hell wrote:
These guys (and Weezer) are playing about about a five minute drive from my house in January, thinking of going along. Haven't seen them since 1998.

I've seen them a few times in the past few years and looked at tickets again but can't justify $150 this time.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Foo Fighters
PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2017 11:26 am 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 9:02 am
Posts: 365
Location: Netherlands
Release day for a Foo Fighters record feels like groundhog day. Just heard the record for the first time.
Ive never really been a fan of the Foo's but like most think Dave is just cool, and a great drummer.
I really want to like his band. I did like some songs on the first 2 records, Ive even bought 'Wasting Light'. And Ive listened to all the records. On some records there's always like 2 or 3 songs that I think are good. But most of them are just soo bland and uninspiring to me.
And that feeling happened again today. Groundhog day...cause once again Im dissappointed in the record.
Almost as poor as the last one. The song 'La Dee La' is allright...but that's about it...

As much as I like Dave...I really want to like his band...
As this moment they are like the biggest rockband on the planet...but how?? Not sure if I understand haha...

They are closer to...say...Nickleback than QOTSA or even PJ :roll:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Foo Fighters
PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2017 1:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Sat July 16, 2016 2:04 pm
Posts: 482
Yes, the foo fighters are the cool nickelback. I still like the first album though, and everlong is a 90s classic.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Foo Fighters
PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2017 1:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:20 pm
Posts: 184
Location: Earth
Just listened to the whole album. What a disappointment. It's not terrible (except the phrase "the sky is a neighborhood" is dumb) but nothing grabs me. Just generic-as-it-gets rock music. We've all heard this before.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Foo Fighters
PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2017 2:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Thu November 21, 2013 10:01 pm
Posts: 316
joostone wrote:
Release day for a Foo Fighters record feels like groundhog day. Just heard the record for the first time.
Ive never really been a fan of the Foo's but like most think Dave is just cool, and a great drummer.
I really want to like his band. I did like some songs on the first 2 records, Ive even bought 'Wasting Light'. And Ive listened to all the records. On some records there's always like 2 or 3 songs that I think are good. But most of them are just soo bland and uninspiring to me.
And that feeling happened again today. Groundhog day...cause once again Im dissappointed in the record.
Almost as poor as the last one. The song 'La Dee La' is allright...but that's about it...

As much as I like Dave...I really want to like his band...
As this moment they are like the biggest rockband on the planet...but how?? Not sure if I understand haha...

They are closer to...say...Nickleback than QOTSA or even PJ :roll:


I guess the question is, if you haven't liked anything since the second album, why keep trying?

_________________
Dev wrote:
Clutch rules you dummy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Foo Fighters
PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2017 4:09 pm 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 9:02 am
Posts: 365
Location: Netherlands
meatwad wrote:
joostone wrote:
Release day for a Foo Fighters record feels like groundhog day. Just heard the record for the first time.
Ive never really been a fan of the Foo's but like most think Dave is just cool, and a great drummer.
I really want to like his band. I did like some songs on the first 2 records, Ive even bought 'Wasting Light'. And Ive listened to all the records. On some records there's always like 2 or 3 songs that I think are good. But most of them are just soo bland and uninspiring to me.
And that feeling happened again today. Groundhog day...cause once again Im dissappointed in the record.
Almost as poor as the last one. The song 'La Dee La' is allright...but that's about it...

As much as I like Dave...I really want to like his band...
As this moment they are like the biggest rockband on the planet...but how?? Not sure if I understand haha...

They are closer to...say...Nickleback than QOTSA or even PJ :roll:


I guess the question is, if you haven't liked anything since the second album, why keep trying?


Every three years I ask myself the same question, guess I really like Dave. ;)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Foo Fighters
PostPosted: Sat September 16, 2017 4:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 1816
Location: Rand McNally
Birds in Hell wrote:
These guys (and Weezer) are playing about about a five minute drive from my house in January, thinking of going along. Haven't seen them since 1998.


You should definitely go Spenno - they're a well-oiled machine and play a nice mix of songs from all albums :nice:

I saw the last two tours, both at Sydney Football Stadium. The first one was great, the second felt like I was watching the exact same show again, but with a few lame Sonic Highways songs slotted in. Weezer is a nice bonus this time, but I'm suffering Foo-fatigue so going to pass this time.

The new album is not bad on first listen - much better than the last, but not as good as Wasting Light.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], makeshift and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri November 24, 2017 9:30 am