Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Portable HD music players.

Fri April 28, 2017 12:38 pm

I spend most of my time in OB. I figured I'd post this here. Do any of you guys use one? Recommendations? I'm looking for something nice. Something that plays MP3 to Flac. Portable and home use. $400 max/ish.

Go.

Re: Portable HD music players.

Fri April 28, 2017 12:42 pm

replace the H with a C and I'm your man

Fri April 28, 2017 1:11 pm

Teeeeeekay wrote:I spend most of my time in OB. I figured I'd post this here. Do any of you guys use one? Recommendations? I'm looking for something nice. Something that plays MP3 to Flac. Portable and home use. $400 max/ish.

Go.

cutuphalfdead will be in here soon to show you the one he has that seems like a good one.

Fri April 28, 2017 1:17 pm

Kevin Davis wrote:replace the H with a C and I'm your man

Lol

Fri April 28, 2017 4:14 pm

I have this one: Sony Walkman NWZA17SLV 64 GB Hi-Res Digital Music Player

I'm about to order some headphones to go with it: Sony stereo headphones Silver MDR-1ADAC

I love it, just with it was heavier as it's too light. I know, weird first-world problem.

Fri April 28, 2017 4:22 pm

I'm a fan of my fiio x5. I hear the x3 is pretty good too is you want to save a few bucks.

Fri April 28, 2017 4:40 pm

I really don't know how my 11 year old Zune still functions.

Fri April 28, 2017 4:45 pm

Is there any advantage to having one of these vs. having a phone, sd card, and an app that can play flacs?

Fri April 28, 2017 4:46 pm

yeah you'll most likely find better hardware in the stand alone device

Fri April 28, 2017 4:47 pm

now i want one

Fri April 28, 2017 8:40 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:I'm a fan of my fiio x5. I hear the x3 is pretty good too is you want to save a few bucks.

I've been looking at the x5. Looks sharp and sounds about what I'm looking for. How's the lag after adding 290GB?

Sat April 29, 2017 6:24 am

Teeeeeekay wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:I'm a fan of my fiio x5. I hear the x3 is pretty good too is you want to save a few bucks.

I've been looking at the x5. Looks sharp and sounds about what I'm looking for. How's the lag after adding 290GB?

I only have one SD card in it so I'm only using half the capacity. Some noticeable lag but nothing crazy. And only in the display, not the audio playback.

Sat April 29, 2017 2:34 pm

I definitely won't be loading that much onto anyways. Well, right away. My wife is having trouble with the price. :shake: I've had a iPod Classic for about 5 years and it's just wore itself out, the headphone jack is only outputting the left channel. And I've recently switched to higher res files as I've updated my home stereo. Switching to hi-res has completely made me fall in love with music all over again. It's gorgeous.

It doesn't seem that the Xiio 5 is available in any stores? Just online.

Sat April 29, 2017 4:32 pm

The second generation X5 is like $180 cheaper than that third generation one.

Sat April 29, 2017 4:39 pm

with that said, the third generation one looks like a pretty nice upgrade

Sat April 29, 2017 4:41 pm

No love for Uncle Neil's Pono?

Sat April 29, 2017 4:42 pm

Why pay the same price for something that only holds 64 gigs of music?

Sat April 29, 2017 4:48 pm

Is that it? It never evolved? Forget I said anything.

Sat April 29, 2017 5:06 pm

I don't know I just did a quick google search and the shopping results had a 64 capacity device at 400 bucks.

Sat April 29, 2017 5:11 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:I don't know I just did a quick google search and the shopping results had a 64 capacity device at 400 bucks.

This is such bullshit. I've been looking for a player that's affordable, so I can get my Ipod Classic 160 back from my wife and am put off by what they're charging for minimal storage. :?
Post a reply