The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Portable HD music players.
PostPosted: Wed November 25, 2020 4:02 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Simple Torture wrote:
I'm really liking the M7 so far. It does take a long time to sync up files, I've been trying to remember to do it overnight. I probably still have 100GB to transfer over. Sound quality is very good, no complaints. The only issues I've had are getting used to the UI, which is nice and smooth but I'm just so used to the iPod clickwheel. The other is the track buttons on the side--nearly every time I pick it up, I end up changing songs accidentally. I don't think there's going to be a way to do podcasts like I wanted, but it's not a bad tradeoff.

Fewer than 2 weeks in and the touch screen already has dead pixels. Ugh.

PostPosted: Sat June 03, 2023 2:29 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Well, here we go again. My Sony NWA55 got wet this weekend. No luck with it powering up. Haven’t check my mini SD card yet.

I enjoyed the Sony quite a bit. My biggest issue was making on the go playlist usually would make the system crash after adding 4-5 songs. Also the time it took for a song to be added was stupid long.

Looking at the NW-A306. Or the Fiio M11. I used to despise updating my Fiio X5 III.

PostPosted: Sat June 03, 2023 1:53 pm 
AnalLog

I just received the NW-A306 a few days ago (replacing the ancient A45 from 2017 time frame), will try to report back with my thoughts once I spend some time with it.

PostPosted: Sat June 03, 2023 2:24 pm 

Revelator wrote:
I just received the NW-A306 a few days ago (replacing the ancient A45 from 2017 time frame), will try to report back with my thoughts once I spend some time with it.

Nice. Let me know how the playlist feature is, although I should be a little forgiving knowing I had maybe 600 gigs running on mine.

PostPosted: Sat June 03, 2023 2:30 pm 
The Master

Teeeeeekay wrote:
Well, here we go again. My Sony NWA55 got wet this weekend. No luck with it powering up. Haven’t check my mini SD card yet.

I enjoyed the Sony quite a bit. My biggest issue was making on the go playlist usually would make the system crash after adding 4-5 songs. Also the time it took for a song to be added was stupid long.

Looking at the NW-A306. Or the Fiio M11. I used to despise updating my Fiio X5 III.

M11 is my number 1 pick right now because it’s one of the few models out there that supports AptX HD and their new lossless Bluetooth coded, with the ability to use all major streaming platforms.

PostPosted: Sat June 03, 2023 3:06 pm 

How has the os been on fiios players? It used to be a nightmare. I actually have my brother X5 that hasn’t been able to be recognized by a computer in a few years. It works fine, just can’t update songs or UI.

Do you have the M11S?

The M11 pro is a little out of my price range, my wife says.

PostPosted: Sat June 03, 2023 6:20 pm 
The Master

I’ve not used one, and you’re right, it’s actually the M11 pro I’ve been looking at.

From an audiophile standpoint, it’s a weird time to buy a portable player. Tech has mostly plateaued, but there’s hope that the Snapdragon chip will help bring lossless Bluetooth to the masses…but very few players actually offer this yet. M11 Pro is one of just a few.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands