Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Concerts you've been to recently

Fri August 05, 2016 10:12 pm

J's screeching guitar solos and penis compensation rig is what does it. I hung back knowing what I was in for and still caught some fallout for about a day or so.

Fri August 05, 2016 10:56 pm

Going to a Dino Jr. show without plugs is like fucking a 40 year old hooker without a rubber.

Sat August 06, 2016 4:33 pm

Self wrote:Going to a Dino Jr. show without plugs is like fucking a 40 year old hooker without a rubber.

Which hole?

Thu January 19, 2017 12:01 am

Took up an offer to see Jimmy Eat World last night and they were as impressive as I remembered.

They have a big fan-base in Sydney and while the crowd gobbled up every song, tracks from Bleed American were on another level - one of the funnest loudest singalongs I've been part of in recent times :bammer:

Thu January 19, 2017 12:39 am

Going to see Tedeschi Trucks Band on my birthday next week.

Thu January 19, 2017 2:45 pm

Dinosaur Jr last week (maybe 8th time) and of course I took ear plugs.

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds this Sunday.

Thu January 19, 2017 6:43 pm

ear plugs?? Man, i have never though of bringing those to a show.

Thu January 19, 2017 8:13 pm

VinylGuy wrote:ear plugs?? Man, i have never though of bringing those to a show.

My dad takes them and binoculars to every show we go to. No matter how close we are to the stage. Of course, he's 70...

Mon August 21, 2017 12:57 am

Currently front row at Red Rocks waiting for Die Antwoord to start

Mon August 21, 2017 1:00 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:Currently front row at Red Rocks waiting for Die Antwoord to start

It's really strange to be front row at Red Rocks... enjoy, though :thumbsup:

Tue September 05, 2017 4:53 am

8/19 Tom Petty at Safeco Field: It was really fun to finally see Tom Petty. Not an earth shattering concert by any means, I'm just glad I got to see him and had a really fun time with my FIL. Perfect night in Seattle, lots of great songs, not bad for a bunch of septuagenarians up there.

8/26 Kings Of Leon at The Gorge: Had a great time camping at Wild Horse with a group of friends, the overall atmosphere and experience were great. I haven't been to the Gorge since they added that new bar just to the left of the stage, pretty cool. I can't believe how much I drank on Saturday. KOL were meh. They're a good rock band and everything but, meh. I've been to a hundred better shows. Nice excuse to rally up a crew and make a weekend of it though.

Fri November 17, 2017 6:18 pm

Dead n Co set was so awesome last night

Tailgate was freezing but such a good show

Fri November 17, 2017 6:41 pm

Went to see Gary Peacock in this pretty nice venue. Nice show.

Fri November 17, 2017 9:48 pm

White Reaper last night. Man, there is no way to not feel like you're hiding white nationalism when you say you're going to see White Reaper.

Fri November 17, 2017 9:55 pm

Sounds like a dark, kinda swingin affair

Sat November 18, 2017 7:22 am

LetMeSleep wrote:Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds this Sunday.

After about 10 years of missing out due to illness, exams, being on holiday, ... finally got to see this man & band a month ago. Wow. Hardly ever been blown away that hard by a concert. Just amazing. The extra touch of hearing our opening dance live (Into My Arms) made it even better.

Sat November 18, 2017 7:24 am

Angus wrote:

After about 10 years of missing out due to illness, exams, being on holiday, ... finally got to see this man & band a month ago. Wow. Hardly ever been blown away that hard by a concert. Just amazing. The extra touch of hearing our opening dance live (Into My Arms) made it even better.

That show was amazing. Is it still Skeleton Tree heavy?

Sat November 18, 2017 7:32 am

LetMeSleep wrote:
Angus wrote:

Quite yes. But there was enough variation not to make it too heavy.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nick-cav ... 3ed77.html

Sat November 18, 2017 7:34 am

Angus wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:
Angus wrote:

Quite yes. But there was enough variation not to make it too heavy.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nick-cav ... 3ed77.html

That's about the same as the show I saw in January. Intense as fuck. It was jaw droppingly good.

Sat November 18, 2017 11:45 am

Can confirm.
Post a reply