The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 973 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Concerts you've been to recently
PostPosted: Fri August 05, 2016 10:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 11876
Location: Illinois
J's screeching guitar solos and penis compensation rig is what does it. I hung back knowing what I was in for and still caught some fallout for about a day or so.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Concerts you've been to recently
PostPosted: Fri August 05, 2016 10:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Polluted
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:27 am
Posts: 7024
Location: PM me, I have everything.
Going to a Dino Jr. show without plugs is like fucking a 40 year old hooker without a rubber.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Concerts you've been to recently
PostPosted: Sat August 06, 2016 4:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 4533
Self wrote:
Going to a Dino Jr. show without plugs is like fucking a 40 year old hooker without a rubber.

Which hole?

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Concerts you've been to recently
PostPosted: Thu January 19, 2017 12:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 1827
Location: Rand McNally
Took up an offer to see Jimmy Eat World last night and they were as impressive as I remembered.

They have a big fan-base in Sydney and while the crowd gobbled up every song, tracks from Bleed American were on another level - one of the funnest loudest singalongs I've been part of in recent times :bammer:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Concerts you've been to recently
PostPosted: Thu January 19, 2017 12:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 9017
Location: Alive in the Superunknown
Going to see Tedeschi Trucks Band on my birthday next week.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Concerts you've been to recently
PostPosted: Thu January 19, 2017 2:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 17410
Location: Hunter
Dinosaur Jr last week (maybe 8th time) and of course I took ear plugs.

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds this Sunday.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Concerts you've been to recently
PostPosted: Thu January 19, 2017 6:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 12081
ear plugs?? Man, i have never though of bringing those to a show.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Concerts you've been to recently
PostPosted: Thu January 19, 2017 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 9017
Location: Alive in the Superunknown
VinylGuy wrote:
ear plugs?? Man, i have never though of bringing those to a show.

My dad takes them and binoculars to every show we go to. No matter how close we are to the stage. Of course, he's 70...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Concerts you've been to recently
PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 12:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31449
Location: this field intentionally left blank
Currently front row at Red Rocks waiting for Die Antwoord to start

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
If earth were a sphere, it would be impossible for any of us to stay grounded.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Concerts you've been to recently
PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 1:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 26, 2014 12:08 am
Posts: 5133
Location: the afterlife...
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Currently front row at Red Rocks waiting for Die Antwoord to start

It's really strange to be front row at Red Rocks... enjoy, though :thumbsup:

_________________
Dev wrote:
Thip is no the best poster ever like you say.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Concerts you've been to recently
PostPosted: Tue September 05, 2017 4:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 4533
8/19 Tom Petty at Safeco Field: It was really fun to finally see Tom Petty. Not an earth shattering concert by any means, I'm just glad I got to see him and had a really fun time with my FIL. Perfect night in Seattle, lots of great songs, not bad for a bunch of septuagenarians up there.

8/26 Kings Of Leon at The Gorge: Had a great time camping at Wild Horse with a group of friends, the overall atmosphere and experience were great. I haven't been to the Gorge since they added that new bar just to the left of the stage, pretty cool. I can't believe how much I drank on Saturday. KOL were meh. They're a good rock band and everything but, meh. I've been to a hundred better shows. Nice excuse to rally up a crew and make a weekend of it though.

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Concerts you've been to recently
PostPosted: Fri November 17, 2017 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:07 pm
Posts: 2009
Dead n Co set was so awesome last night

Tailgate was freezing but such a good show


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Concerts you've been to recently
PostPosted: Fri November 17, 2017 6:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 12081
Went to see Gary Peacock in this pretty nice venue. Nice show.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Concerts you've been to recently
PostPosted: Fri November 17, 2017 9:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:23 am
Posts: 1881
Location: The In Between
White Reaper last night. Man, there is no way to not feel like you're hiding white nationalism when you say you're going to see White Reaper.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Concerts you've been to recently
PostPosted: Fri November 17, 2017 9:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Thread Killer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 3:57 am
Posts: 3389
Sounds like a dark, kinda swingin affair


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Concerts you've been to recently
PostPosted: Sat November 18, 2017 7:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:18 pm
Posts: 455
Location: Alone in a corridor
LetMeSleep wrote:
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds this Sunday.


After about 10 years of missing out due to illness, exams, being on holiday, ... finally got to see this man & band a month ago. Wow. Hardly ever been blown away that hard by a concert. Just amazing. The extra touch of hearing our opening dance live (Into My Arms) made it even better.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Concerts you've been to recently
PostPosted: Sat November 18, 2017 7:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 17410
Location: Hunter
Angus wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds this Sunday.


After about 10 years of missing out due to illness, exams, being on holiday, ... finally got to see this man & band a month ago. Wow. Hardly ever been blown away that hard by a concert. Just amazing. The extra touch of hearing our opening dance live (Into My Arms) made it even better.

That show was amazing. Is it still Skeleton Tree heavy?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Concerts you've been to recently
PostPosted: Sat November 18, 2017 7:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:18 pm
Posts: 455
Location: Alone in a corridor
LetMeSleep wrote:
Angus wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds this Sunday.


After about 10 years of missing out due to illness, exams, being on holiday, ... finally got to see this man & band a month ago. Wow. Hardly ever been blown away that hard by a concert. Just amazing. The extra touch of hearing our opening dance live (Into My Arms) made it even better.

That show was amazing. Is it still Skeleton Tree heavy?


Quite yes. But there was enough variation not to make it too heavy.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nick-cav ... 3ed77.html


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Concerts you've been to recently
PostPosted: Sat November 18, 2017 7:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 17410
Location: Hunter
Angus wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:
Angus wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds this Sunday.


After about 10 years of missing out due to illness, exams, being on holiday, ... finally got to see this man & band a month ago. Wow. Hardly ever been blown away that hard by a concert. Just amazing. The extra touch of hearing our opening dance live (Into My Arms) made it even better.

That show was amazing. Is it still Skeleton Tree heavy?


Quite yes. But there was enough variation not to make it too heavy.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nick-cav ... 3ed77.html

That's about the same as the show I saw in January. Intense as fuck. It was jaw droppingly good.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Concerts you've been to recently
PostPosted: Sat November 18, 2017 11:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu February 02, 2017 10:39 am
Posts: 1116
Location: Most likely at the office...
Can confirm.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 973 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu December 14, 2017 10:52 pm