Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

INTO THE VOID: A thread for discussion of Black Sabbath.

Thu February 28, 2013 11:12 am

What else needs to be said?

These guys announced an unexpected Adelaide date on their upcoming (and long-announced) Australian tour today. Though I know they're ancient and Bill Ward's not going to be there, I'm still unreasonably excited at the prospect of witnessing Geezer and Tony grind out those classic, brain-smashing riffs at maximum volume in person.

Re: INTO THE VOID: A thread for discussion of Black Sabbath.

Thu February 28, 2013 11:24 am

Been on a massive Sabbath kick for the past year. I love these guys.

Thu February 28, 2013 11:32 am

Soma. wrote:Been on a massive Sabbath kick for the past year. I love these guys.

:bammer:

Everyone's all about the first three LPs, and not without good goddamn reason, but Sabotage is the bee's fucking knees. Such a killer album.

Thu February 28, 2013 12:58 pm

vol 4 :luv:

Thu February 28, 2013 2:49 pm

\m/ supernaut \m/

Thu February 28, 2013 3:00 pm

fuck i love these guys...and yeah, i know they are old, ozzy is fucked up and all , but i would love to see Tony playing those songs live.

Wed March 13, 2013 7:04 pm

Nice to see Brad Wilk playing with them in the new album...i hope Rubin takes them to a interesting place.

Sat April 20, 2013 11:11 am

http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/features/int ... abbath.htm

So it’s Brad Wilk of Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave who stepped up to fill Ward’s place on the recording of the new album.

It has however, been confirmed that Wilk will not to be joining Black Sabbath on tour. Butler had little to say of the Rage drummer’s involvement with the band, simply replying to questions surrounding his potential presence on the tour with, “I don’t get involved in that side of things.”

Oh, bummer.

I was never particularly thrilled that Wilk was playing drums, but he was better than this bozo from the first run of reunion shows:

Sat April 20, 2013 5:29 pm

The coolest thing about Sabbath is that Iommi lost the tips of his middle and ring fingers working in a factory. Probably has a lot to do with his unique sound, actually. To compensate for his injury Iommi attempted to learn to play right-handed,but eventually returned to left-handed playing and strung his guitars with lighter strings and made thimbles to extend his fingers.

Mon April 22, 2013 1:33 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:The coolest thing about Sabbath is that Iommi lost the tips of his middle and ring fingers working in a factory. Probably has a lot to do with his unique sound, actually. To compensate for his injury Iommi attempted to learn to play right-handed,but eventually returned to left-handed playing and strung his guitars with lighter strings and made thimbles to extend his fingers.

And...most importantly...lower tunings....

Thu September 03, 2015 10:57 pm

In!

Thu September 03, 2015 10:59 pm

Birds in Hell wrote:

In!

For fucking sure!

Jan 20th in Omaha!!!!!!!!!

Thu January 21, 2016 1:05 am

Good interview with Ozzy and Geezer at RS: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... e-20160120

Fri April 15, 2016 3:43 am

Sunday night!

Fri April 15, 2016 5:48 am

Birds in Hell wrote:Sunday night!

Have a great time, man.

Sun April 15, 2018 4:58 pm

I LOVE the albums they made with Dio but man when they do the Ozzy songs live it doesn't sound right.

Sun April 15, 2018 5:35 pm

bada wrote:I LOVE the albums they made with Dio but man when they do the Ozzy songs live it doesn't sound right.
Agree. Would love to have heard Ozzy do Neon Nights or Mob Rules.
Post a reply