Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Place Without a Postcard - The Midnight Oil Thread

Fri March 15, 2024 1:13 pm

Peter Garrett has a solo album out today called The True North. I liked it.

Fri March 15, 2024 1:20 pm

liebzz wrote:Peter Garrett has a solo album out today called The True North. I liked it.

Not a fan of the single but haven't listened to the album.

Fri March 15, 2024 4:53 pm

The single was probably my least favorite track. Paddo, Innocence Parts 1 & 2, Hey Archetype, Currowan, and Meltdown grabbed me right away.

Fri March 15, 2024 11:21 pm

His band played here last week before the album was released. I didn’t go but apparently it was a good show.

Sun March 17, 2024 2:23 am

Jim Moginie released a pretty great instrumental guitar album last year, Murmurations.

Sun April 28, 2024 11:06 am

Higgs wrote:
liebzz wrote:Peter Garrett has a solo album out today called The True North. I liked it.

Not a fan of the single but haven't listened to the album.

Well, I checked this out lately and I actually really quite enjoy it. Really love the different vibes of 'Paddo' in particular.

Thu May 02, 2024 6:06 pm

Higgs I have a Midnight Oil playlist on Spotify called "Then Next Higgs Thing". Did you make this or did I and just call it that? It's pretty great so I'm sure you made it.

Fri May 03, 2024 2:09 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Higgs I have a Midnight Oil playlist on Spotify called "Then Next Higgs Thing". Did you make this or did I and just call it that? It's pretty great so I'm sure you made it.

I know nothing of this but am very interested indeed!

Sounds like my version of "A Michael Scott Joint" though. I should name everyone of my playlists like that.

I do recall giving you (ages ago) a listing of a playlist that I'd made that spanned 1978 through 1990 though. That could be it (with your naming though!). Does it start off with Powderworks?

Fri May 03, 2024 1:18 pm

Higgs wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:Higgs I have a Midnight Oil playlist on Spotify called "Then Next Higgs Thing". Did you make this or did I and just call it that? It's pretty great so I'm sure you made it.

I know nothing of this but am very interested indeed!

Sounds like my version of "A Michael Scott Joint" though. I should name everyone of my playlists like that.

I do recall giving you (ages ago) a listing of a playlist that I'd made that spanned 1978 through 1990 though. That could be it (with your naming though!). Does it start off with Powderworks?

Yeah that's the one. I must have just created the playlist and called it that, lol.

Fri May 03, 2024 1:55 pm

Lol. I'm listening to "One Country" right now, last song on that mix. Gets me revved up every time.

Fri May 03, 2024 2:00 pm

I’m halfway through the 2018 live album in the other thread. Always enjoy coming back to these guys.

Fri May 03, 2024 2:27 pm

Higgs wrote:Lol. I'm listening to "One Country" right now, last song on that mix. Gets me revved up every time.

It is awesome
Post a reply