The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Let's All Laugh at Pitchfork
PostPosted: Wed February 15, 2017 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25268
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
From today's album review blurbs:

Mind Over Mirrors
Undying Color
BY: ANDY BETA
A solo artist gathers some pals for a trippy trip through the droney side of the avant-garde. Good for island meditations and pretending to be weightless.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's All Laugh at Pitchfork
PostPosted: Wed February 15, 2017 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52392
that sounds fantastic

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's All Laugh at Pitchfork
PostPosted: Wed February 15, 2017 3:04 pm 
Online
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 33470
Location: Buenos Aires
I like that description


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's All Laugh at Pitchfork
PostPosted: Wed February 15, 2017 3:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25268
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
:? How can you even know what it means? It reads like a Shel Silverstein poem written by a mentally deficient 12-year old.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's All Laugh at Pitchfork
PostPosted: Wed February 15, 2017 3:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 9058
Location: An office full of assholes
This is, by FAR, the best critic's review, let alone Pitchfork review, of all time:

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/9464-shine-on/


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's All Laugh at Pitchfork
PostPosted: Wed February 15, 2017 3:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25268
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
Chris_H_2 wrote:
This is, by FAR, the best critic's review, let alone Pitchfork review, of all time:

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/9464-shine-on/

Now THAT is a great Pitchfork review.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's All Laugh at Pitchfork
PostPosted: Wed February 15, 2017 3:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu February 02, 2017 10:39 am
Posts: 2138
Location: Most likely at the office...

_________________
Free boops today.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's All Laugh at Pitchfork
PostPosted: Wed February 15, 2017 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:34 pm
Posts: 1498
I read this one at the time and found it a bit...flowery. Now...well, it's a bit over the top.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's All Laugh at Pitchfork
PostPosted: Wed February 15, 2017 3:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed September 14, 2016 5:07 pm
Posts: 1589
Location: WI
god, i used to be obsessed with pfork back in the day

i burned with righteous fury when they turned on ...and you will know us by the trail of dead


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's All Laugh at Pitchfork
PostPosted: Wed February 15, 2017 4:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25268
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
matt reeder wrote:
I read this one at the time and found it a bit...flowery. Now...well, it's a bit over the top.

:facepalm: "I had never seen a shooting star before..."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's All Laugh at Pitchfork
PostPosted: Wed February 15, 2017 4:10 pm 
Online
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 33470
Location: Buenos Aires
tragabigzanda wrote:
:? How can you even know what it means? It reads like a Shel Silverstein poem written by a mentally deficient 12-year old.

It is evocative and wryly humorous. I got a pretty good idea of what the album sounds like from that short description and -- whaddayaknow-- it's pretty much exactly what the album sounds like


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's All Laugh at Pitchfork
PostPosted: Wed February 15, 2017 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25268
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
theplatypus wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
:? How can you even know what it means? It reads like a Shel Silverstein poem written by a mentally deficient 12-year old.

It is evocative and wryly humorous. I got a pretty good idea of what the album sounds like from that short description and -- whaddayaknow-- it's pretty much exactly what the album sounds like

It is neither evocative nor wryly humorous.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's All Laugh at Pitchfork
PostPosted: Wed February 15, 2017 4:15 pm 
Online
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 33470
Location: Buenos Aires
¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's All Laugh at Pitchfork
PostPosted: Wed February 15, 2017 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52392
tragabigzanda wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
:? How can you even know what it means? It reads like a Shel Silverstein poem written by a mentally deficient 12-year old.

It is evocative and wryly humorous. I got a pretty good idea of what the album sounds like from that short description and -- whaddayaknow-- it's pretty much exactly what the album sounds like

It is neither evocative nor wryly humorous.

Sorry trag, but so far it is 2-1 here, and I'm with Jorge. I found the pretending to be weightless part chuckle worthy as I remind myself that I have done that in the past.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's All Laugh at Pitchfork
PostPosted: Wed February 15, 2017 4:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25268
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
:? How can you even know what it means? It reads like a Shel Silverstein poem written by a mentally deficient 12-year old.

It is evocative and wryly humorous. I got a pretty good idea of what the album sounds like from that short description and -- whaddayaknow-- it's pretty much exactly what the album sounds like

It is neither evocative nor wryly humorous.

Sorry trag, but so far it is 2-1 here, and I'm with Jorge. I found the pretending to be weightless part chuckle worthy as I remind myself that I have done that in the past.

When has democracy ever meant anything on RM? This is my thread, goddammit!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's All Laugh at Pitchfork
PostPosted: Wed February 15, 2017 4:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 15264
Trag, Pitchfork sucks hard...we all know that...Platy is just a diehard fan.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's All Laugh at Pitchfork
PostPosted: Wed February 15, 2017 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25268
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
2-2, bitches!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's All Laugh at Pitchfork
PostPosted: Wed February 15, 2017 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 18496
Location: Seattle, WA
I can write for Pitchfork:

The CleanUp
Life Without Sleep

The CleanUp break out with their sophomore effort that is equal parts horse gallop, midwestern breeze, and cotton field, all set to a charcuterie of boilerplate 70s beats.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's All Laugh at Pitchfork
PostPosted: Wed February 15, 2017 5:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25268
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
bodysnatcher wrote:
I can write for Pitchfork:

The CleanUp
Life Without Sleep

The CleanUp break out with their sophomore effort that is equal parts horse gallop, midwestern breeze, and cotton field, all set to a charcuterie of boilerplate 70s beats.

:haha:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's All Laugh at Pitchfork
PostPosted: Wed February 15, 2017 5:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67536
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
bodysnatcher wrote:
I can write for Pitchfork:

The CleanUp
Life Without Sleep

The CleanUp break out with their sophomore effort that is equal parts horse gallop, midwestern breeze, and cotton field, all set to a charcuterie of boilerplate 70s beats.

I would buy that record on that description alone. Then again, I have a beard and live in Brooklyn, New York. No one should trust my tastes.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat December 15, 2018 11:10 pm