Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Upcoming concerts

Fri January 27, 2017 7:57 pm

What's on deck?

March - Lionel Richie w/ Mariah Carey
May - Soundgarden at a festival
June - Iron Maiden
August - Bruno Mars

Re: Upcoming concerts

Fri January 27, 2017 8:02 pm

Quite the motley crew, twat.

Fri January 27, 2017 8:07 pm

April: Chili Peppers and maybe Pearl Jam
May: Shaky Knees festival, including The Pixies, LCD Soundsystem, The xx, Portugal the Man.
Also in May: The Pixies
June: Dead & Company

Fri January 27, 2017 8:08 pm

nothing

Fri January 27, 2017 8:09 pm

lots of smaller band shows at bars around town. but the two biggies coming up are Radiohead and Roger Waters.

got a hotel in Tacoma for Roger Waters so we can get hiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

Fri January 27, 2017 8:11 pm

We are seeing Kaia Kater here in Big Sky, also some ballet.
Also possibly Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real.
Radiohead in Seattle.
And probably not much else until the summer concert series picks up again in Big Sky.

What I wouldn't give for a Fugazi reunion, or at least another Shellac tour.
Or Tortoise.
Or Gillian Welch.

Not too many other artists I'm interested in seeing live at this point.

Fri January 27, 2017 8:12 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:lots of smaller band shows at bars around town. but the two biggies coming up are Radiohead and Roger Waters.

You better go to that Star Anna tribute to Cohen I told you about!

Fri January 27, 2017 8:20 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:lots of smaller band shows at bars around town. but the two biggies coming up are Radiohead and Roger Waters.

I'm gonna text Mike and see if he'll be there so we can grab some beers afterward

Fri January 27, 2017 8:21 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I'm gonna text Mike and see if he'll be there so we can grab some beers afterward

If he's in town he'll be there for sure. He loves her. I saw him at one of her gigs in Ellensburg once.

Fri January 27, 2017 8:25 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

If he's in town he'll be there for sure. He loves her. I saw him at one of her gigs in Ellensburg once.

I'm just gonna walk up to him and be like, "How do you like that Beatles butcher cover record, motherfucker?"

Fri January 27, 2017 8:27 pm

Laura Marling in March

Also I'm seeing Norm MacDonald do standup tomorrow night.

Fri January 27, 2017 8:28 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:

:worthy:

Fri January 27, 2017 8:33 pm

i'm thinking about getting tix to the Marc Maron show. not sure what his standup is like compared to his show

Fri January 27, 2017 8:46 pm

Eaux Claires Festival #3 in June. And that's pretty much it for the foreseeable future.

Fri January 27, 2017 8:53 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:i'm thinking about getting tix to the Marc Maron show. not sure what his standup is like compared to his show

I love his podcast, enjoy his TV show, hate his standup. He is like a vacuum of self-absorption. He's at his best when he's tempered by other personalities. By himself, I find him to be fairly draining. Though I would still probably attend one of his shows, I don't know that I'd love the entire event.

Fri January 27, 2017 9:02 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:Laura Marling in March

sweet.

Fri January 27, 2017 9:03 pm

The Decemberists are playing three consecutive nights at a "new" venue in Brooklyn. I'm hoping to go to at least one of those.

Fri January 27, 2017 9:31 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:i'm thinking about getting tix to the Marc Maron show. not sure what his standup is like compared to his show

I love his podcast, enjoy his TV show, hate his standup. He is like a vacuum of self-absorption. He's at his best when he's tempered by other personalities. By himself, I find him to be fairly draining. Though I would still probably attend one of his shows, I don't know that I'd love the entire event.

cool, good to know. I was definitely on the fence. I really enjoy his podcast and show, but I can absolutely see how it couldn't translate to a stand-up act that is just him on a stage talking at a crowd. he should do a live podcast type of event, rather than stand up. seems like it'd be cool to watch him interact with someone else on stage

Fri January 27, 2017 9:32 pm

I thought about going to see Adam Sandler in Aspen but the tickets are too expensive for me to justify.

Fri January 27, 2017 9:36 pm

Dev wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:Laura Marling in March

sweet.

yeah buddy
Post a reply