Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: The Black Keys

Thu March 14, 2019 5:42 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Strat wrote:Going on a full tour. Man, i sometimes forget that they are an arena band. I saw them maybe 6-7 times in small clubs and i dont think I can justify seeing them in a big arena now.

Gotta be a new album though ye?

Same. Saw them in an arena once. It felt weird.

I saw them in an arena, it didn't work.

Thu March 14, 2019 8:15 pm

Strat wrote:Going on a full tour. Man, i sometimes forget that they are an arena band. I saw them maybe 6-7 times in small clubs and i dont think I can justify seeing them in a big arena now.

i'm with you, i don't think i'd enjoy an arena show. i'd see 'em at a festival, though. *shrug*

Thu March 14, 2019 8:34 pm

AndySlash wrote:

i'm with you, i don't think i'd enjoy an arena show. i'd see 'em at a festival, though. *shrug*

You ever see them at Fine Line or First ave?

Thu March 14, 2019 11:08 pm

The answer is get general admission, act 20 years younger and push to the front. I did that at the Garden during the tour for El Camino and it worked. I mean it was better at Terminal 5 and at Bowery Ballroom but that sort of did the trick.

Thu April 25, 2019 4:15 pm

New album "lets rock"

Lol. Awful title but:
https://www.stereogum.com/2041210/the-b ... Lxovit5HRI

"They wrote, tracked live, and produced “Let’s Rock” at Dan Auerbach’s studio Easy Eye Sound in Nashville. Leisa Hans and Ashley Wilcoxson contributed backing vocals. “The record is like a homage to electric guitar,” the band’s Patrick Carney says. “We took a simple approach and trimmed all the fat like we used to.”"

Thu April 25, 2019 4:54 pm

'tracked live". This has so little meaning now. Tracked live and re-gridded using pro-tools? Tracked live to a click track? Or we let the band play, no click and kept the tempo fluctuations?
I am probably jaded about what bands say about upcoming releases but in general I think they are too caught up in the hyping the album to be truly reflective about it and the process to make it.

Thu April 25, 2019 11:14 pm

Fri April 26, 2019 12:48 am

psychobain wrote:

God this sucks

Fri April 26, 2019 1:02 am

Yeah. It sounds like it was recorded underwater and is the most paint by numbers schlock they could put out.

Fri April 26, 2019 1:57 am

The drum sound is horrid. The best that can be said is that it sounds like a leftover from ZZ Top's Afterburner era.

Fri April 26, 2019 2:15 am

first two tracks have been very forgettable, unfortunately.

Fri April 26, 2019 2:20 am

Forgettable yet enjoyable.

Just what I need in my life right now. Goes down easy and smooth.

Fri April 26, 2019 11:48 am

I liked the first one

Fri April 26, 2019 12:59 pm

Strat wrote:Forgettable yet enjoyable.

Yeah this is how I feel. Nothing to write home about but worth adding to the rotation on my ancient mp3 player. The whole 'simple approach' and trimmed all the fat' talk is kind of BS though; both songs have pretty thick production compared to their earlier albums.

Fri April 26, 2019 6:59 pm

Revelator wrote:
Strat wrote:Forgettable yet enjoyable.

Yeah this is how I feel. Nothing to write home about but worth adding to the rotation on my ancient mp3 player. The whole 'simple approach' and trimmed all the fat' talk is kind of BS though; both songs have pretty thick production compared to their earlier albums.

yeah, sounds absolutely nothing like their early shit.

Thu June 27, 2019 7:24 pm

If you sign up for their fan/email list you can listen to the new album in full on their website.

Thu June 27, 2019 7:27 pm

I'm liking what I've heard so far more than anything off Turn Blue

Thu June 27, 2019 7:27 pm

Rangi Guy wrote:I'm liking what I've heard so far more than anything off Turn Blue

Definitely. Turn Blue felt tired and lazy.

This is catchy at least with some tasty riffs.

Thu June 27, 2019 7:31 pm

really digging walk across the water

Thu June 27, 2019 7:45 pm

Strat wrote:really digging walk across the water

No you’re not
Post a reply