Switch to full style
When a band is but a fraction of Pearl Jam, but they aren't zero Pearl Jam.
Post a reply

Mike Watt 95 Tour Official Release

Fri September 30, 2016 4:01 pm

http://innocentwords.com/legacy-set-to- ... vember-11/

I'm really excited about this! I could listen to Dave Grohl drum all day, and this time period was my favorite era for Eddie. Plus, Habit (which is on the album) is one of my favorite songs of all-time.

Re: Mike Watt 95 Tour Official Release

Fri September 30, 2016 4:06 pm

Wow...WTF?

FWIW, I already have this soundboard, and it's fantastic. Such a terrific show, and the audio is A+. Though I think mine is missing Powerful Hankerin'?

Fri September 30, 2016 4:17 pm

:thumbsup:

Fri September 30, 2016 4:35 pm

Awesome! I remember that boot. Used to rock it all the time.

Where do we place an order?

Fri September 30, 2016 4:37 pm

Strat wrote:Awesome! I remember that boot. Used to rock it all the time.

Where do we place an order?

Bull Moose has it, including a limited-edition colored vinyl pressing: http://www.bullmoose.com/search?q=mike+watt&SC=1

Sun October 02, 2016 10:05 pm

How many of these songs does Ed sing on?

Sun October 02, 2016 10:43 pm

If my recollection is correct, he sings on:

Big Train (backup vox)
Against the 70s (he takes the second verse, and covers backup vox throughout)
Habit
Chinese Firedrill (backup vox, and this one is a highlight)
Piss-Bottle Man (backup vox)
The Red and the Black (backup vox)

He also plays guitar on every track, along with Grohl and/or Pat Smear (Grohl kicks Goldsmith off the drum throne for a couple numbers). And his voice is in rare form -- imagine the vocal sound from Hail, Hail on Letterman, and that's what he delivers on every cut.

It's an easy set for me to love, because I'm an enormous Minutemen fan, and have enjoyed fIREHOSE too. But I would say it's worth it even if you don't know those songs. The sound quality really is fantastic -- it blows any PJ boot out of the water -- and you really get the sense of the small club space.

Re: my earlier post, I can see that mine actually does have Powerful Hankerin', so I'm not sure I'll be ordering this. I've been enjoying it for years, and $helling out for the vinyl has never been too high on my priority list. But I'd say of all the PJ-related vinyl stuff that comes out, this is one of the coolest, hands down.

Sun October 02, 2016 10:44 pm

Thats a great boot yeah...i lost it a few years ago. Stocked to see a vinyl release.

Sun October 02, 2016 10:48 pm

Big Train, from when they were on Jon Stewart:

Spoiler: show

Somewhere there's a pro shot of them doing Chinese Firedrill, but google's not giving me anything right now.

Sun October 02, 2016 10:55 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:If my recollection is correct, he sings on:

Big Train (backup vox)
Against the 70s (he takes the second verse, and covers backup vox throughout)
Habit
Chinese Firedrill (backup vox, and this one is a highlight)
Piss-Bottle Man (backup vox)
The Red and the Black (backup vox)

He also plays guitar on every track, along with Grohl and/or Pat Smear (Grohl kicks Goldsmith off the drum throne for a couple numbers). And his voice is in rare form -- imagine the vocal sound from Hail, Hail on Letterman, and that's what he delivers on every cut.

It's an easy set for me to love, because I'm an enormous Minutemen fan, and have enjoyed fIREHOSE too. But I would say it's worth it even if you don't know those songs. The sound quality really is fantastic -- it blows any PJ boot out of the water -- and you really get the sense of the small club space.

Re: my earlier post, I can see that mine actually does have Powerful Hankerin', so I'm not sure I'll be ordering this. I've been enjoying it for years, and $helling out for the vinyl has never been too high on my priority list. But I'd say of all the PJ-related vinyl stuff that comes out, this is one of the coolest, hands down.

Thanks. Worth a purchase than.

Mon October 03, 2016 12:00 pm

I love piss bottle man. A total Pictures of Lily tribute but funnier.

Mon October 03, 2016 8:52 pm

In another era, this release might have included a DVD.

Video of the whole show is here:
http://jbtvmusic.com/videos/mike-watt-l ... etro-1995/

It's amazing how many live CDs and DVDs exist because JBTV was recording all of these shows.

Sat November 19, 2016 2:39 pm

This album's pretty great. I wish there were a little more to this release, nicer packaging maybe, but hey, the music is what matters.

Why isn't this on vinyl?

Sat November 19, 2016 2:58 pm

B wrote:This album's pretty great. I wish there were a little more to this release, nicer packaging maybe, but hey, the music is what matters.

Why isn't this on vinyl?

It is.

Sat November 19, 2016 3:07 pm

:oops:

Sun November 20, 2016 12:38 am

i picked this up on vinyl at the local shop. sounds good and as everybody has already said a pretty good show. well worth having. re: packaging there isn't much. gig pictures on one side of each sleeve and songs/notes on the other.

Mon November 21, 2016 1:13 am

tragabigzanda wrote:Big Train, from when they were on Jon Stewart:

Somewhere there's a pro shot of them doing Chinese Firedrill, but google's not giving me anything right now.

this version of Ed is totally a guy that would fire a Dave A

Mon November 21, 2016 3:11 am

96583UP wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:Big Train, from when they were on Jon Stewart:

this version of Ed is totally a guy that would fire a Dave A

:lol:

Mon November 21, 2016 11:56 am

Thats the start of ¨indie¨ Eddie right? the guy who wanted The Frogs to play with PJ.

Mon November 21, 2016 3:13 pm

VinylGuy wrote:Thats the start of ¨indie¨ Eddie right? the guy who wanted The Frogs to play with PJ.

The frogs had already been playing with pearl jam by this point. They were opening for them in 94
Post a reply