The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
 Post subject: Re: TOOL
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:16 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

I love Justin's signature Wal tone, but as a Warwick player myself, I'm eager to see if he records with his Streamer on the upcoming album. "The sound of wood" indeed.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:21 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Quote:
CoS article about the first clinic.

Reddit thread from an attendee.

Tool confirmed that every song on the album is over 10 minutes in length. The drum portion of the album is fully tracked. Chancellor plans to track the bass parts following Tool’s upcoming festival appearances, to be followed by Jones. Maynard James Keenan’s vocals will be tracked last. They also played fans a new segue featuring Carey “on a modular synth going along with some politically charged vocal sample in the beginning.” The segue, which was in the vein of Tool’s “Merkaba”, will appear on the album, according to Jones.

news is news, I guess.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:23 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Mon July 16, 2018 3:49 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Did anyone else wake up to an alert on their phone about the new Tool album being released today?

PostPosted: Mon July 16, 2018 5:29 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Google mistakenly mixed up Tool with a SoundCloud rapper named TOOL$.

PostPosted: Mon July 16, 2018 5:50 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Yeah. I looked at the wiki article and it didn't mention an album being released so I searched reddit and found some posts from people who bought the album and were very confused at the band's genre change. :haha:

PostPosted: Mon July 16, 2018 7:21 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I got the alert last night while watching TV. First realisation that something was wrong was that all the tracks were two or three minutes long - then I read further and saw it was TOOL$

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands