The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: TOOL
PostPosted: Sun December 18, 2016 6:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 21663
Lateralus might be the worst tool album.

_________________
Kanye West wrote:
They told me I was in a sunken place.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TOOL
PostPosted: Sun December 18, 2016 7:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 26, 2014 12:08 am
Posts: 5689
Location: the afterlife...
Dev wrote:
Lateralus might be the worst tool album.

You're just antagonizing me, aren't you?

_________________
Dev wrote:
Thip is no the best poster ever like you say.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TOOL
PostPosted: Sun December 18, 2016 7:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 21663
Iholdthepain wrote:
Dev wrote:
Lateralus might be the worst tool album.

You're just antagonizing me, aren't you?

For me it has aged the worst. But most music has an expirary date if you listen to it too much. Still Aenema an 10, 000 are preferable albums I'd say.

_________________
Kanye West wrote:
They told me I was in a sunken place.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TOOL
PostPosted: Sun December 18, 2016 8:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 26, 2014 12:08 am
Posts: 5689
Location: the afterlife...
Dev wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
Dev wrote:
Lateralus might be the worst tool album.

You're just antagonizing me, aren't you?

For me it has aged the worst. But most music has an expirary date if you listen to it too much. Still Aenema an 10, 000 are preferable albums I'd say.

I'm sorry, but I consider Lateralus to be the perfect album.

_________________
Dev wrote:
Thip is no the best poster ever like you say.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TOOL
PostPosted: Sun December 18, 2016 2:20 pm 
Offline
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:06 pm
Posts: 6101
Birds in Hell wrote:
I like wanky prog.


The wanky prog side of Tool is all I really like about them, honestly. I went through a period of really loving Tool, but over the years Maynard's singing, lyrics, and general aesthetic influence have become total dealbreakers for me. Is there an instrumental version of Lateralus out there somewhere?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TOOL
PostPosted: Sat April 08, 2017 7:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 8940
Location: here
choices always were a problem for you

_________________
96583UP wrote:
note: this poll is regarding tenders and not nuggets


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TOOL
PostPosted: Thu June 22, 2017 8:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 9278
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
Wasn't sure If I should put this here or in the MMA thread, but figured the Tool thread could do with a bump


_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TOOL
PostPosted: Thu June 22, 2017 9:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 37420
Man I'd love to see that show they're doing with Melvins and fucking FANTOMAS! Oh also Clutch and Primus will be there who cares

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What's going on in here

a lot of hurt


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TOOL
PostPosted: Thu June 22, 2017 9:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 21663
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Man I'd love to see that show they're doing with Melvins and fucking FANTOMAS! Oh also Clutch and Primus will be there who cares

Clutch rules you dummy.

_________________
Kanye West wrote:
They told me I was in a sunken place.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TOOL
PostPosted: Thu June 22, 2017 9:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 37420
I like their first EP where they just ripped off Helmet

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What's going on in here

a lot of hurt


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TOOL
PostPosted: Thu June 22, 2017 9:47 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 2:19 am
Posts: 896
Location: Portland, OR
Saw them at The Gorge last weekend. As good as any of the other 5 times I've seen them. The most tasteful use of the lasers as well with the LEDs & video. (of course Gorge is always best place for a light show) Very glad I avoided looking at setlists for this tour before the show. Starting the show with 3 (4) straight Lateralus songs was incredible. Also Third Eye. Fantastic. Cool to hear 2 from Opiate.


A really funny part of the night: "The Crystal Method" (just the 1 dude at this point) was the opener. He was bro-ing out hard & playing Nine Inch Nails tracks every other song. Yelled about how it was his dream come true to play this venue with this band. Started "Busy Child" as the closing song, about 30 seconds in the engineers faded him out & he turns to the monitor guys side stage with a "seriously?!?" gesture. Shrugs his shoulders, goes to the mic, says "well you guys know that one anyway, thanks I guess" So awkward & hilarious. Don't go over your allotted time if TOOL is up next, fool. :haha:


Also there was a couple right in front of us on the lawn smoking crack the entire show. Gotta love a TOOL crowd!

_________________
Let's say knowledge is a tree


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TOOL
PostPosted: Fri June 23, 2017 1:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 12:11 am
Posts: 2235
Location: The 216
Dev wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Man I'd love to see that show they're doing with Melvins and fucking FANTOMAS! Oh also Clutch and Primus will be there who cares

Clutch rules you dummy.

Primus sucks!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TOOL
PostPosted: Sat June 24, 2017 4:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 5541
swan wrote:
Saw them at The Gorge last weekend. As good as any of the other 5 times I've seen them. The most tasteful use of the lasers as well with the LEDs & video. (of course Gorge is always best place for a light show) Very glad I avoided looking at setlists for this tour before the show. Starting the show with 3 (4) straight Lateralus songs was incredible. Also Third Eye. Fantastic. Cool to hear 2 from Opiate.


A really funny part of the night: "The Crystal Method" (just the 1 dude at this point) was the opener. He was bro-ing out hard & playing Nine Inch Nails tracks every other song. Yelled about how it was his dream come true to play this venue with this band. Started "Busy Child" as the closing song, about 30 seconds in the engineers faded him out & he turns to the monitor guys side stage with a "seriously?!?" gesture. Shrugs his shoulders, goes to the mic, says "well you guys know that one anyway, thanks I guess" So awkward & hilarious. Don't go over your allotted time if TOOL is up next, fool. :haha:


Also there was a couple right in front of us on the lawn smoking crack the entire show. Gotta love a TOOL crowd!

The family that smokes crack together...

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TOOL
PostPosted: Sat June 24, 2017 7:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 8940
Location: here
Bammer wrote:
swan wrote:
Saw them at The Gorge last weekend. As good as any of the other 5 times I've seen them. The most tasteful use of the lasers as well with the LEDs & video. (of course Gorge is always best place for a light show) Very glad I avoided looking at setlists for this tour before the show. Starting the show with 3 (4) straight Lateralus songs was incredible. Also Third Eye. Fantastic. Cool to hear 2 from Opiate.


A really funny part of the night: "The Crystal Method" (just the 1 dude at this point) was the opener. He was bro-ing out hard & playing Nine Inch Nails tracks every other song. Yelled about how it was his dream come true to play this venue with this band. Started "Busy Child" as the closing song, about 30 seconds in the engineers faded him out & he turns to the monitor guys side stage with a "seriously?!?" gesture. Shrugs his shoulders, goes to the mic, says "well you guys know that one anyway, thanks I guess" So awkward & hilarious. Don't go over your allotted time if TOOL is up next, fool. :haha:


Also there was a couple right in front of us on the lawn smoking crack the entire show. Gotta love a TOOL crowd!

The family that smokes crack together...

soaks back together

_________________
96583UP wrote:
note: this poll is regarding tenders and not nuggets


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TOOL
PostPosted: Sat June 24, 2017 12:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 31729
knee tunes wrote:
choices always were a problem for you

this post made me go back and listen to opiate.

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TOOL
PostPosted: Sat June 24, 2017 5:02 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 2:19 am
Posts: 896
Location: Portland, OR
stip wrote:
knee tunes wrote:
choices always were a problem for you

this post made me go back and listen to opiate.


Love the take on it this time around:


_________________
Let's say knowledge is a tree


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TOOL
PostPosted: Sat June 24, 2017 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Thu November 21, 2013 10:01 pm
Posts: 635
Dev wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Man I'd love to see that show they're doing with Melvins and fucking FANTOMAS! Oh also Clutch and Primus will be there who cares

Clutch rules you dummy.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
I mean nothing says libertarian more than talking a lot of shit and then getting your ass kicked in an actual one on one...

Dev wrote:
Clutch rules you dummy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TOOL
PostPosted: Sun June 25, 2017 11:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:07 pm
Posts: 2372
Yeah the song opiate was amazing at hershey


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TOOL
PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 12:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 23667
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
Vinyl reissues coming:
https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/08/ ... l-release/


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TOOL
PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 12:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 14043
Location: Cumberland, RI
I saw that on Vinyl Collective; as with everything Tool-related, I will believe it when I have the product in my hand.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Teeeeeekay and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed October 17, 2018 5:17 pm