The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 59  Next
 Post subject: Re: TOOL
PostPosted: Sat July 16, 2016 2:09 pm 
Gone

Simple Torture wrote:
This thread shot to the top of r/music last night on reddit. I wouldn't put too much stock in it, though, as it's just "a guy who knows a guy" and most of the upvotes probably came from people who didn't read the details:

Quote:
New Tool Double-Album "Decem" Coming Fall 2016

I think Tool has been leading us on in the press. I absolutely cannot reveal my sources for this. Let's just say that the mixing process has happened.
Tracklist for Decem:
Abscissa (13:47) The Awakening (12:03) Gematria (Act I) (14:33) Regresolution (13:56) Divinotus (12:45) Astral (Act II) (12:21)
Descending (13:53) Decem (12:22) Lesous (Act III) (12:43) Principles of March (12:01) Pascal's Wager (13:46) Zeta (Act IV) (14:27)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Music/comments ... fall_2016/

What a pile of bullshit

PostPosted: Sat August 13, 2016 6:26 am 
Future Drummer

good interview...

PostPosted: Sat August 13, 2016 12:29 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

That made me more interested in potential new Tool music than anything else to this point. He also pretty much lives on my dream ranch, teepee and everything.

PostPosted: Sat August 13, 2016 8:51 pm 
Future Drummer

Kaius wrote:
That made me more interested in potential new Tool music than anything else to this point. He also pretty much lives on my dream ranch, teepee and everything.

I thought I heard a couple of new riffs, but most were from old songs. Hard to believe their most recently released music is over a decade old. I agree with you about the ranch/teepee, and I love his outlook on making music. Considering he's probably the most reclusive of the band, it's nice to hear him open up... and to hear him play without the distractions of the other badasses in the band.

PostPosted: Mon October 24, 2016 8:15 pm 
AnalLog

In case anyone forgot how badass Danny Carey is:

http://www.jambase.com/article/tool-dru ... -infection

PostPosted: Mon October 24, 2016 8:21 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I mean, plenty of people do things while hurt or sick.

PostPosted: Mon October 24, 2016 8:23 pm 
AnalLog

True, but I feel like playing a whole show with Tool whilst having a crazy, infected wound on one's leg is noteworthy. Cool that they're playing Sweat, I'd love to see that for old times' sake.

PostPosted: Sun December 11, 2016 8:29 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

http://www.bassplayer.com/artists/1171/tools-justin-chancellor-gives-an-inside-look-at-the-bands-next-album/60999

PostPosted: Mon December 12, 2016 5:58 am 
Future Drummer

Rangi Guy wrote:

This interview only reveals how... very... far...away... they... still... are... from... a... new... al...b...u...m.

:shake:

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2016 4:59 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Iholdthepain wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

This interview only reveals how... very... far...away... they... still... are... from... a... new... al...b...u...m.

:shake:

Each song takes months to finish. Not sure music is meant to be this way but whatever makes them happy. They know what their fanbase wants.

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2016 7:04 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

No they don't, because what their fanbase wants is a new album.

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2016 7:33 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

bune wrote:

What I'm saying is they could half ass an album out there every 4 to 5 years but it takes time to create music that meets the bands standards. Also, Maynard has other musical interests that he needs to explore outside of Tool while tasting new wines out of his wife's asshole.

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2016 7:38 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

bune wrote:

What a bunch of tools, amirite

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2016 7:52 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

rick malone wrote:
bune wrote:

What I'm saying is they could half ass an album out there every 4 to 5 years but it takes time to create music that meets the bands standards. Also, Maynard has other musical interests that he needs to explore outside of Tool while tasting new wines out of his wife's asshole.

You say "band's standards" but I'm pretty sure it's more a lazy member than any sort of standards. And since someone else already wrote it out I'll just quote them:

Quote:
Yeah MJK is definitely not the problem. Without a doubt its Adam and i would guess its nothing more than writers block and laziness. At a certain point dude stopped being able to write a song that doesnt already sound like another tool song. Same with his other art. At a certain point it all started looking the same, that insectiod looking thing.

The peices or, peice of a song weve heard has not got me excited at all, it sounds like a mash up of other tool songs. They, he, needs to mix something up. Set or destroy boundaries. No more drop D or at least not as much. Everything doesnt need to be SOOO complex and over 6 mins long. Maybe go back to writing WITH MJK. Different tunings. i would love to hear a song fully written by justin. It would prob jump right out to our ears because it would sound different. Every song doesnt need some fucking weird ass time signiture, write a straight up 4/4 3.5 minute rock song. Stop being so mysterious in a day and age where it doesnt work anymore. The mystery is gone when i see adam proposing to his girl on WWF. Get rid of the album filler nothing but wierd noise 'songs'. Just do something/anything different. Lateralus is one of my favorite albums of all time but it kinda ruined them. I liked tool a lot better before it was all muted open D being riffed over and over and over in a semi odd time sig. And i love long songs but when its only long because they are playing the same intro riff for 3 minutes, that gets a little boring. Dont try so fucking hard. Shit is beyond stagnant at this point.
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
bune wrote:

What a bunch of tools, amirite

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2016 11:25 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I have no beef with 10, 000 Days. More of the same is fine.

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 1:08 am 
The Master

10,000 Days has never really worked for me. "Jambi" is great, though.

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 5:51 am 
Future Drummer

I like the comment in the above post... that Lateralus ruined them. I completely agree with this because that set the bar SO high for themselves. I think it's the greatest album I've ever heard, and it does seem that they had tried in vain to recreate it with 10kDays. Maybe this is why they can't get a new album done... chasing that dragon must suck for them.

Personally, I'm sure I'd be perfectly fine with whatever they have come up with already.

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 5:54 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Rosetta Stoned is my favorite Tool song. Tool can go right on being Tool forever for all I care. I don't need change.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 6:06 am 
Future Drummer

BurtReynolds wrote:
Rosetta Stoned is my favorite Tool song. Tool can go right on being Tool forever for all I care. I don't need change.

That's my 13yo's favorite, too... What a trip!

I was fortunate enough to see them do that one live a few times. Unbelievable!

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 6:08 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Iholdthepain wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

That's my 13yo's favorite, too... What a trip!

I was fortunate enough to see them do that one live a few times. Unbelievable!

yeah I'd like to hear it live. It's kind of everything I like about Tool crammed into one 11 minute song. The lyrics are so great.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 59  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands