Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Even more Guns N Roses Hilarity

Wed July 27, 2016 1:12 pm

welcome to the jungle, biff.

Thu July 28, 2016 2:33 pm

spike wrote:welcome to the jungle, biff.

It was really fun. House lights went off at 9:30, they came on shortly after and their curtain call was at 12:07. Axl started out a little rougher but his voice got better as the show went on he. I think he had as many costume (t-shirt) changes as Cher. People make fun of his weight but who hasn't gained a few pounds in 30 years? Slash was excellent, first time seeing him play in person. Duff looked great, definitely the best aged of the three. Some empty seats in the rafters but the lower levels looked packed in. A big time, noisy rock show that turned into a good time for all. It's amazing how you can sing a long to songs you haven't heard in years. Just a complete blast and what the hell is wrong with that?

Fri July 29, 2016 2:28 am

He changed like 10x when I went.. I just chalked it up to the fact it was 100 degrees n probably sweating his balls off

I was sweating n I was in the 200 level

Fri July 29, 2016 2:54 am

If im not mistaken, axl has always been a huge fan of wardrobe changes mid show. The UYI tours he'd always change clothes. Bike shorts, loin clothes, catchers mits, kilts, etc..

Fri July 29, 2016 4:11 am

They are coming to argentina this year.

Fri July 29, 2016 4:28 am

pj pleeze cum bak too brazil

Fri July 29, 2016 4:39 am

There are plenty of people who can go 30 years without packing on pounds

Sun July 31, 2016 6:05 pm

Watching a few youtube clips this morning and I am most impressed by Axl. Yeah, he hits some of notes but he is 100% trying to nail every line. He's listening to his monitors and adjusting his singing through each song and the show. somehow and I'd love to know how, Axl is hitting his scream notes pretty consistently and he knows it. It's weird seeing Axl happy while singing but damn happy for him. They all seem pretty happy onstage together.

Axl being happy at 6 minute mark. From 8:55 until the end of the song sums up just about everything good about Guns in 2016. Self-aware, happy, wailing and capable far more subtlety than normally thought of.

Sun July 31, 2016 8:22 pm

Looks like he lost some weight. I guess public shame is a great motivator.

Sun July 31, 2016 9:15 pm

Yeah, Axl's been 100% in this and the ACDC tour.
Kudos to his trainer or whatever...Impressive...and yeah, he seems very happy to be there with Slash and Duff.

Sun July 31, 2016 9:29 pm

guys, this is the guns n roses hilarity thread; take all this praise somewhere else.

Sun July 31, 2016 9:32 pm

spike wrote:guys, this is the guns n roses hilarity thread; take all this praise somewhere else.

i though about the title thread.

Feels weird now they are kicking ass.

Sun July 31, 2016 10:00 pm

I'm heading over to the Superdome in a couple of hours for the show. All the positive reviews in this thread and elsewhere has me really looking forward to this.

Thu August 04, 2016 5:02 am

Wonderful :luv:

Thu August 04, 2016 5:05 am

kind of fun to watch them back to back:

Thu August 04, 2016 3:07 pm

Welcome back Axl.

Thu August 04, 2016 6:11 pm

Strat wrote:If im not mistaken, axl has always been a huge fan of wardrobe changes mid show. The UYI tours he'd always change clothes. Bike shorts, loin clothes, catchers mits, kilts, etc..

I always found this hilarious. Like Axl is in a wardrobe department meeting when planning the show, "Hey, let's try the catcher's chest protector and kilt, that'll work!"

Or, "Can you take a little bit off that football jersey, I want to feel the breeze on my belly while I run around."

"how about the red sport jacket w/ red underwear briefs combo, let's be formal! But don't make me wear a shirt with that!"

"that bandanna doesn't match w/ my skin tight underwear, do you think wearing sunglasses with it would make the outfit work?"

"Hmm, the policeman's hat goes great w/ these biker shorts, but I think I need to wear a mink coat with it to really make a statement."

I'd love to be a fly on the wall during that part of the tour planning.

Thu August 04, 2016 6:39 pm

AL

Thu August 04, 2016 6:47 pm

Bammer wrote:There are plenty of people who can go 30 years without packing on pounds

I've gained 170 lbs in the last 30 years

Thu August 04, 2016 6:51 pm

tommymtcom wrote:
Bammer wrote:There are plenty of people who can go 30 years without packing on pounds

I've gained 170 lbs in the last 30 years

Post a reply