The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 988 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 50  Next
 Post subject: Re: Even more Guns N Roses Hilarity
PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 3:10 am 
Gone

wease wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Isn't the Appetite box set like 900 dollars?

$999

Your move, ten club

PostPosted: Thu July 19, 2018 12:22 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I'm seeing them today. First time ever.

PostPosted: Fri July 20, 2018 12:09 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

40000 people in scorching heat, and Guns N'Roses showed up on time. Not a bad start. The ticket was about $104, unless you were in the golden circle (more expensive). T-shirts between $42-50, and lots of people buying at all times. The beer was $10. Lots of food to choose from (food trucks galore), although I didn't eat any.

They played exactly the same setlist as earlier in the tour, 32 songs. It's got nine covers, seven songs from Appetite, and a a few songs from each of the other albums. My highlights were Welcome To The Jungle, Yesterdays, Nightrain and Paradise City. At their best they were everything you could want from them, at their worst, they were both erratic, screeching or chose boring songs. Still, I'll give them a pass. They put on a good long show, with lots of classic songs performed admirably. I also had a great time with my friends, and everyone around us seemed really happy. Was nice finally seeing Gn'R after listening to them (on and off) since the 80s.

PostPosted: Fri July 20, 2018 3:07 pm 
Rank This Poster

Anders wrote:
40000 people in scorching heat, and Guns N'Roses showed up on time. Not a bad start. The ticket was about $104, unless you were in the golden circle (more expensive). T-shirts between $42-50, and lots of people buying at all times. The beer was $10. Lots of food to choose from (food trucks galore), although I didn't eat any.

They played exactly the same setlist as earlier in the tour, 32 songs. It's got nine covers, seven songs from Appetite, and a a few songs from each of the other albums. My highlights were Welcome To The Jungle, Yesterdays, Nightrain and Paradise City. At their best they were everything you could want from them, at their worst, they were both erratic, screeching or chose boring songs. Still, I'll give them a pass. They put on a good long show, with lots of classic songs performed admirably. I also had a great time with my friends, and everyone around us seemed really happy. Was nice finally seeing Gn'R after listening to them (on and off) since the 80s.

I saw them about 15 months ago and that could have been my review and feelings almost word-for-word (except I did eat).

PostPosted: Fri July 20, 2018 3:22 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Anders wrote:

Im glad you have a good time. I saw them twice first with Axl´s band and now with this lineup and they were fuckin good this last time. I hope i can see them a third time...i love that they have been adding songs to their setlist.

PostPosted: Mon September 17, 2018 5:29 pm 
The Master

Slash will be on Maron's podcast this Thursday

PostPosted: Mon September 17, 2018 5:32 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Oh cool!!
Hope he talks about the tour and his relationship with Axl.

PostPosted: Mon September 17, 2018 9:00 pm 
AnalLog

Dean Delray just posted his podcast with Duff as well

PostPosted: Mon September 17, 2018 9:03 pm 
The Master

Oh cool, I'm way more interested in Duff than Slash

PostPosted: Mon September 17, 2018 9:06 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Good!!

Yeah Duff is such a cool dude.

PostPosted: Mon September 17, 2018 11:35 pm 
Future Drummer

I wore out my Believe in Me cassette in 1994.

PostPosted: Thu September 20, 2018 3:20 am 
jeeeesus relax already

Finished the Duff podcast and its a blast. Lots of cool stories about the Illusion albums, lots of stories about the current tour and some cool reflections about drugs, Velvet Revolver and stuff.

Dean sounds so fucking stupid when he tries to tell his stories though...like " yeah i had a band too!" , " oh yeah i relate to what you are saying because im a comedian" . WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT YOU DEAN.

PostPosted: Thu September 20, 2018 12:03 pm 
The Master

VinylGuy wrote:

Dean sounds so fucking stupid when he tries to tell his stories though...like " yeah i had a band too!" , " oh yeah i relate to what you are saying because im a comedian" . WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT YOU DEAN.

Feel the same way about Maron. No one cares about your shitty blues riffs or your "acting" in GLOW

PostPosted: Thu September 20, 2018 12:08 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

And its really a bummer because he is actually doing a good job asking good questions to duff when he feels the need to jump in and tell a story about him, saying he relates to duff? Buddy you dont have a clue about Duff's life in the 90s. You are nowhere near.

PostPosted: Thu December 13, 2018 7:52 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Quote:
Mickey Rourke and Axl Rose look like they are bookshop owners named Jackie, and Karen.

PostPosted: Thu December 13, 2018 7:56 pm 
The Master

i sent that to strat and snatch yesterday, stop standing on my dick jorg

PostPosted: Thu December 13, 2018 9:58 pm 
AnalLog

VinylGuy wrote:
And its really a bummer because he is actually doing a good job asking good questions to duff when he feels the need to jump in and tell a story about him, saying he relates to duff? Buddy you dont have a clue about Duff's life in the 90s. You are nowhere near.

awe poor Dean :lol: Actually i think they may have run in (close to) the same circles back then. Dean was a musician most of his life. Just didn't have as much success, clearly

PostPosted: Fri December 14, 2018 6:56 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

theplatypus wrote:

Quote:
Mickey Rourke and Axl Rose look like they are bookshop owners named Jackie, and Karen.

Those guys did that to themselves thinking they would look better.

PostPosted: Fri December 14, 2018 4:02 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

gardenparty wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

awe poor Dean :lol: Actually i think they may have run in (close to) the same circles back then. Dean was a musician most of his life. Just didn't have as much success, clearly

yeah i get the guy was a musician and knows them. But its kinda boring to hear his stories when is interview Duff, for christ sake.

PostPosted: Fri December 14, 2018 6:17 pm 
AnalLog

VinylGuy wrote:
gardenparty wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

yeah i get the guy was a musician and knows them. But its kinda boring to hear his stories when is interview Duff, for christ sake.

100%

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 988 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 50  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands