The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mark Kozelek | Sun Kil Moon | Red House Painters
PostPosted: Sat December 12, 2015 12:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 1085
Just tossed on the I'll Be There EP, which may be the first time I've listened to Koz since the gig, and must say that I really enjoy Natural Light... then I recall him denying he had a song of that title in Newtown and the cycle starts again.

_________________
absinthe makes the heart grow fonder...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Kozelek | Sun Kil Moon | Red House Painters
PostPosted: Sat December 12, 2015 12:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 13088
Location: Cumberland, RI
oasisfan35 wrote:
Just tossed on the I'll Be There EP, which may be the first time I've listened to Koz since the gig, and must say that I really enjoy Natural Light... then I recall him denying he had a song of that title in Newtown and the cycle starts again.


Well, it is a cover, so it's not really "his" song.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Kozelek | Sun Kil Moon | Red House Painters
PostPosted: Sat December 12, 2015 2:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 1085
Simple Torture wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
Just tossed on the I'll Be There EP, which may be the first time I've listened to Koz since the gig, and must say that I really enjoy Natural Light... then I recall him denying he had a song of that title in Newtown and the cycle starts again.


Well, it is a cover, so it's not really "his" song.


Well... I had zero idea, guess that would have been in the liner notes :arrow:

_________________
absinthe makes the heart grow fonder...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Kozelek | Sun Kil Moon | Red House Painters
PostPosted: Sat December 12, 2015 11:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 13088
Location: Cumberland, RI
oasisfan35 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
Just tossed on the I'll Be There EP, which may be the first time I've listened to Koz since the gig, and must say that I really enjoy Natural Light... then I recall him denying he had a song of that title in Newtown and the cycle starts again.


Well, it is a cover, so it's not really "his" song.


Well... I had zero idea, guess that would have been in the liner notes :arrow:


I've heard the original, and Koz's version is much better.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Kozelek | Sun Kil Moon | Red House Painters
PostPosted: Mon December 14, 2015 1:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 1085
Simple Torture wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
Just tossed on the I'll Be There EP, which may be the first time I've listened to Koz since the gig, and must say that I really enjoy Natural Light... then I recall him denying he had a song of that title in Newtown and the cycle starts again.


Well, it is a cover, so it's not really "his" song.


Well... I had zero idea, guess that would have been in the liner notes :arrow:


I've heard the original, and Koz's version is much better.


I found it on YT and completely agree.

_________________
absinthe makes the heart grow fonder...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Kozelek | Sun Kil Moon | Red House Painters
PostPosted: Thu January 21, 2016 3:28 pm 
Offline
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:11 pm
Posts: 7703
:shock: :shock: :shock:

http://www.sunkilmoon.com/jesuskm.html

Once through and I really like it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Kozelek | Sun Kil Moon | Red House Painters
PostPosted: Thu January 21, 2016 3:38 pm 
Offline
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:11 pm
Posts: 7703
Dude loves cats.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Kozelek | Sun Kil Moon | Red House Painters
PostPosted: Thu January 21, 2016 4:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 13088
Location: Cumberland, RI
turned2black wrote:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

http://www.sunkilmoon.com/jesuskm.html

Once through and I really like it.


I listened to "America's Most Wanted Mark Kozelek And John Dillinger" a bunch of times when it was first released, but I'm going to wait for a better quality version of the album before settling down with the whole thing.

I wish they did better with announcing vinyl releases these days.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Kozelek | Sun Kil Moon | Red House Painters
PostPosted: Thu January 21, 2016 6:25 pm 
Offline
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:11 pm
Posts: 7703
Twice through now. It's good, I guess. It's like he wanted to make another "Perils from the Sea", but this one isn't nearly as good.

I think I'm just tired of the recycled themes and the rambling delivery at this point. I haven't seen official lyrics, but I think he actually says "...and then I took a shit" in one of the new songs.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Kozelek | Sun Kil Moon | Red House Painters
PostPosted: Fri January 22, 2016 5:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 26, 2013 12:34 am
Posts: 4182
Location: Chile
turned2black wrote:
I think I'm just tired of the recycled themes and the rambling delivery at this point. I haven't seen official lyrics, but I think he actually says "...and then I took a shit" in one of the new songs.

I listened to the first song and I liked it a lot, but I feel the same way, especially the rambling delivery, it kinda annoys me now.

_________________
LuNY wrote:
I am not racist but why the fuck are black people so violent?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Kozelek | Sun Kil Moon | Red House Painters
PostPosted: Fri January 22, 2016 5:13 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 13428
Location: Illinois
If this guy tried to hide what a douche he is better and catered to his audience the music would probably be better.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Kozelek | Sun Kil Moon | Red House Painters
PostPosted: Thu February 18, 2016 4:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 13088
Location: Cumberland, RI
Somebody's having fun on Bandcamp today: http://sunkilmoonalbum8.bandcamp.com/releases

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Kozelek | Sun Kil Moon | Red House Painters
PostPosted: Thu February 18, 2016 4:41 pm 
Offline
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:11 pm
Posts: 7703
Simple Torture wrote:
Somebody's having fun on Bandcamp today: http://sunkilmoonalbum8.bandcamp.com/releases


:haha:

This is the greatest thing ever.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Kozelek | Sun Kil Moon | Red House Painters
PostPosted: Wed July 20, 2016 2:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 767
new double album:
Quote:
Sun Kil Moon: Common As Light And Love Are Red Valleys Of Blood
Double CD - February 28th, 2017 - Caldo Verde Records
http://www.sunkilmoon.com/godblessohio/


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Kozelek | Sun Kil Moon | Red House Painters
PostPosted: Wed July 20, 2016 2:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 13088
Location: Cumberland, RI
Vinyl in 2021, I'm sure.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Kozelek | Sun Kil Moon | Red House Painters
PostPosted: Wed August 17, 2016 4:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 29422
Location: gone fishin'
Just saw Sun Kil Moon. Surprisingly enjoyable show. I couldn't get him to yell at me

_________________
oh no!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Kozelek | Sun Kil Moon | Red House Painters
PostPosted: Wed August 17, 2016 5:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11372
theplatypus wrote:
I couldn't get him to yell at me

A missed opportunity.

Glad it was a good show, I'd love to see Mark play someday.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Kozelek | Sun Kil Moon | Red House Painters
PostPosted: Wed August 17, 2016 5:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 29422
Location: gone fishin'
This weird thing happened



But this was my first time seeing them so maybe they play this song all the time? They also covered Frank Sinatra's "Something Stupid" which was pretty cool.

_________________
oh no!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Kozelek | Sun Kil Moon | Red House Painters
PostPosted: Wed August 17, 2016 3:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 767
Hah, my girlfriend was at this show too. I got you babe and Something stupid are on his last cover album


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Kozelek | Sun Kil Moon | Red House Painters
PostPosted: Wed August 17, 2016 3:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 29422
Location: gone fishin'
I never listened to any of his covers, so I was super weirded out by both choices

_________________
oh no!


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bodysnatcher and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue April 24, 2018 9:02 pm