Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Garbage

Thu May 26, 2016 3:30 am

Odd that there's no thread here already. Anyway, new album out soon!!
Strange Little Birds will be out June 10th
Here's the new single. Pretty damn good I'd say.

Tour Dates for this summer:
Garbage Tour Dates

July 6 – Milwaukee, WI @ Summerfest
July 7 – Minneapolis, MN @ Skyway Theatre
July 8 – Omaha, NE @ SumTur Amphitheater
July 10 – Kansas City, MO @ Uptown Theatre
July 12 – St. Louis, MO @ The Pageant
July 13 – Tulsa, OK @ Brady Theater
July 15 – Indianapolis, IN @ Egyptian Room
July 16 – Detroit, MI @ The Fillmore
July 17 – Columbus, OH @ PromoWest Fest
July 19 – Knoxville, TN @ The Mill & Mine
July 20 – Nashville, TN @ Ryman Auditorium
July 22 – Atlanta, GA @ The Tabernacle
July 23 – Charlotte, NC @ Fillmore
July 25 – Richmond, VA @ The National
July 27 – Sayerville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom
July 28 – Boston, MA @ House Of Blues
July 30 – Philadelphia, PA @ The Fillmore
July 31 – Baltimore, MD @ Rams Head Live!
August 1 – New York, NY @ Summerstage
August 3 – Washington, DC @ The Lincoln Theater

Re: Garbage

Thu May 26, 2016 12:30 pm

I might be meeting some RMers in Richmond for the show.

Thu May 26, 2016 5:32 pm

Saw these guys open for the Pumpkins on the Mellon Collie tour. I'm not really a fan but they were pretty good.

Thu May 26, 2016 5:37 pm

Kevin Davis wrote:Saw these guys open for the Pumpkins on the Mellon Collie tour. I'm not really a fan but they were pretty good.

Oh man, you saw the Pumpkins and Garbage in the mid '90s? That sounds like a dream show.

Fri May 27, 2016 10:32 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:Saw these guys open for the Pumpkins on the Mellon Collie tour. I'm not really a fan but they were pretty good.

Oh man, you saw the Pumpkins and Garbage in the mid '90s? That sounds like a dream show.

i saw them on that tour in Maine. garbage was pretty good but the pumpkins sounded like shit

Fri May 27, 2016 10:35 pm

this reminds me that im still in love with shirly manson

Fri May 27, 2016 10:36 pm

The guitars in that new song are awesome, everything else is shite.

Fri May 27, 2016 10:45 pm

The guitars remind me of My Bloody Valentine.

Fri May 27, 2016 11:06 pm

Not bad. Its been ages since i listened to this band, but its a cool song.

Sat May 28, 2016 2:29 am

I always felt like they could've been a really great band if only their productions weren't so slick.

Sat May 28, 2016 2:32 am

Their production is pretty integral to their sound snd identity as a band, though.

Sat May 28, 2016 2:42 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:Their production is pretty integral to their sound snd identity as a band, though.

Yea, but it's not the identity I want them to have.

Sat May 28, 2016 3:22 am

How many vocals takes do you reckon it took to get that composite, trag? Shirley sounds pretty slick.

Sat May 28, 2016 3:33 am

zeb wrote:How many vocals takes do you reckon it took to get that composite, trag? Shirley sounds pretty slick.

Oh gosh...Lots. It's common for single words to be flown in, so 100 takes is totally reasonable. I don't have a problem with that approach, as long as the finished product still has some human element in it. My problem with Garbage has always been that they're a pop band masquerading as a rock band. Their whole aesthetic suggests the illusion of danger with none of the actual risk.

Sat May 28, 2016 5:08 am

tragabigzanda wrote:My problem with Garbage has always been that they're a pop band masquerading as a rock band. Their whole aesthetic suggests the illusion of danger with none of the actual risk.

Three dad rockers with one slightly edgy front woman tends to give off that vibe, I guess.

Sat May 28, 2016 8:05 am

tragabigzanda wrote:
zeb wrote:How many vocals takes do you reckon it took to get that composite, trag? Shirley sounds pretty slick.

Oh gosh...Lots. It's common for single words to be flown in, so 100 takes is totally reasonable. I don't have a problem with that approach, as long as the finished product still has some human element in it. My problem with Garbage has always been that they're a pop band masquerading as a rock band. Their whole aesthetic suggests the illusion of danger with none of the actual risk.

THIS.

Also, to me they've never really seemed a like "real band", not sure if you know what I mean. To me the band has always looked like something Butch Vig put together with his millions and is in charge of, because he wanted to get out of the studio and have his share of the rock 'n roll life.

Sat May 28, 2016 12:12 pm

contamination wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

THIS.

Also, to me they've never really seemed a like "real band", not sure if you know what I mean. To me the band has always looked like something Butch Vig put together with his millions and is in charge of, because he wanted to get out of the studio and have his share of the rock 'n roll life.

Yea, I always had the same feeling.

Sat May 28, 2016 12:29 pm

Yes yes and yes. It often felt like they couldn't let a song breathe.

Vow is still one of the best singles of the last 30 years though.

Sat May 28, 2016 2:35 pm

I liked them fine when they came out. Specially with Version 2.0...after that i stop listening to them...but they seem like a studio band at the time.

Sat May 28, 2016 2:37 pm

I think their first three albums are killer, especially Version 2.0 and Beautifulgarbage. Returns diminished after that, but there are still good songs to be found.
Post a reply