Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: The Black Crowes Thread

Tue April 17, 2018 9:11 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:Popped in to see what folks thought of Chris's recent stuff, on account of he'll be playing a festival in Big Sky this summer for the wife's company. The last few pages are not very promising.

We're also just a bunch of bitter crowes fans.

Hippie jam band lovers love his new fucking band.

Tue April 17, 2018 9:14 pm

Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:Popped in to see what folks thought of Chris's recent stuff, on account of he'll be playing a festival in Big Sky this summer for the wife's company. The last few pages are not very promising.

Ugh, probably why they picked him to play. I haven't listened to a Robinson/Crowes record since Three Snakes and One Charm, so I really have no idea what he's been up to for over 20 years. Didn't he marry Goldie Hawn's daughter? Will she be in Big Sky?

Tue April 17, 2018 9:15 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:

Ugh, probably why they picked him to play. I haven't listened to a Robinson/Crowes record since Three Snakes and One Charm, so I really have no idea what he's been up to for over 20 years. Didn't he marry Goldie Hawn's daughter? Will she be in Big Sky?

Hah, they married for a brief period.

Crowes are one of my favorite bands. Excellent Rock n Roll.

But CR can piss off now, thanks.

Yes, him and his new band play in mountain towns all the time now. The idiots eat it up.

Tue April 17, 2018 9:18 pm

Strat wrote:Yes, him and his new band play in mountain towns all the time now. The idiots eat it up.

Can't wait until Shellac fans discover skiing.

Tue April 17, 2018 9:19 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:Yes, him and his new band play in mountain towns all the time now. The idiots eat it up.

Can't wait until Shellac fans discover skiing.

ha! If only.....

Wed April 18, 2018 1:47 pm

Chris solo or Chris Robinson Brotherhood? Chris solo would be the only thing I'd even consider giving him a dime for (and it'd be a short consideration, ending in a no, I'm not giving him a dime, but that's my bitterness coming through), his voice is still strong and he plays some good TBC tunes in his solo sets

If it's the Brotherhood, take a hard pass unless you like a watered down Grateful Dead wannabe band whose songs all sound the same and all pretty much suck

Mon June 04, 2018 1:39 pm

Happy Monday!

HIGH WATER I
The Magpie Salute debut studio album - available worldwide August 10th!
Our first single "Send Me An Omen” will be available Friday June 8th via Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, and other streaming services!
Check-out the lyric video for “Send Me An Omen"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEhk1Hs ... e=youtu.be
HIGH WATER I is set for release on Eagle Rock (North America), Mascot Label Group (Europe, Australia, New Zealand) and Sony (Japan).
For more info, visit TheMagpieSalute.com

Mon June 04, 2018 3:56 pm

MattA75 wrote:Happy Monday!

HIGH WATER I
Our first single "Send Me An Omen” will be available Friday June 8th via Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, and other streaming services!
HIGH WATER I is set for release on Eagle Rock (North America), Mascot Label Group (Europe, Australia, New Zealand) and Sony (Japan).

Just came to post this. Love the new tune...exactly what I was hoping for!

Mon June 04, 2018 4:23 pm

meatwad wrote:

HIGH WATER I

I see that they have a live album on Spotfy. Damn. Amazing how much better this group of musicians are compared to whatever the fuck Chris Robinson is playing with. "What Is Home" is fantastic as a more straight ahead rock n roll song and less bluegrass/jam band that it was on Before the Frost.

Mon June 04, 2018 5:37 pm

Strat wrote:
meatwad wrote:

HIGH WATER I

I see that they have a live album on Spotfy. Damn. Amazing how much better this group of musicians are compared to whatever the fuck Chris Robinson is playing with. "What Is Home" is fantastic as a more straight ahead rock n roll song and less bluegrass/jam band that it was on Before the Frost.

Just about all of the shows they played last year are up on Nugs as well...I love the new song and seriously hope the rest of the album (and part 2 next year) is as good...

Tue June 05, 2018 4:03 am

Love the what is home on before the frost and love this faster one as well

New single is really good too

Tue June 05, 2018 4:08 am

Other than omission, what are some other of their originals??

Tue June 05, 2018 6:16 am

i got bugs wrote:Other than omission, what are some other of their originals??

Omission was the only "original" on the first record, though calling that an "original" is a bit of a stretch (it's actually a left over from the Hookah Brown days)

Black Cloud, Rude to Me, Stand Up, and Cut the World were also Hookah Brown tunes that each got at least a play or two (much more in the case of Black Cloud) on their tour last year

none of those songs are listed on the tracklisting for the new record

Marc debuted a new tune, Lost Boy, at a solo show in Boston a couple of weeks ago, apparently that is going to be on Vol II

Tue June 05, 2018 8:08 pm

sort of a slow sting me type tune. i dig it.

Fri July 06, 2018 11:58 pm

Magpie leaked

Mon July 09, 2018 8:00 pm

i got bugs wrote:Magpie leaked

Where?

Mon July 09, 2018 11:13 pm

Some dude sent me a link.. I think it's legit but I didn't listen.. I'll check it later tonite

Mon July 09, 2018 11:59 pm

They just played at our Bluesfest yesterday. I was not there so I can't report on the set.

Tue July 10, 2018 1:36 am

doone wrote:They just played at our Bluesfest yesterday.

doone wrote:I was not there so I can't report on the set.

Tue July 10, 2018 7:02 pm

Well its definitely legit, and a pretty good album
Post a reply