The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Black Crowes Thread
PostPosted: Sat February 27, 2021 7:16 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

I made it through about half of it so far. A band on a mission for sure. Excellent show.

PostPosted: Sat February 27, 2021 8:32 pm 
Major Dude

When was this live thing recorded?

PostPosted: Sat February 27, 2021 8:59 pm 
Future Drummer

wease wrote:

The 14-song unreleased concert was recorded in their hometown of Atlanta, GA from December 1990 show.

PostPosted: Sun February 28, 2021 2:40 pm 
Major Dude

surfndestroy wrote:
wease wrote:

The 14-song unreleased concert was recorded in their hometown of Atlanta, GA from December 1990 show.

Wow! That’s just a month before I saw them in Jan ‘91 in Nashville.

PostPosted: Fri April 09, 2021 1:21 am 
AnalLog

Anyone have the Instant Live source for the Last Waltz with Ed and Marc and Red Rocks in 2006? I had a copy of it but can't find it. Not looking for the actual Instant Live discs (which have fast become huge collector's items), just a rip

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 4:53 pm 
AnalLog

To those going this summer, say hi to Sven for me! :wave: :wave: :wave:

Good for him for grabbing a paycheck!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 5:54 pm 
The Master

MattA75 wrote:

cheapest red rocks ticket was $250....

I didnt pay that much for Tom Waits.

Im glad sven is back there but without steve i still can't justify that coin even if I am desperate for live music again.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 7:25 pm 
AnalLog

Strat wrote:
MattA75 wrote:

Im glad sven is back there but without steve i still can't justify that coin even if I am desperate for live music again.

my position on this tour is the same as the 2016 Guns n Roses tour...if I can go for free, I'll gladly do so (and did with GNR!)...but those assholes (C&R) aren't getting a dime of my money

and if anything, being without live music for a year has only made it such that I would almost certainly go if given the opportunity for free...last year I don't even know that a free ticket would've gotten me to go

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 11:56 am 
Broken Tamborine

MattA75 wrote:
Strat wrote:
MattA75 wrote:

my position on this tour is the same as the 2016 Guns n Roses tour...if I can go for free, I'll gladly do so (and did with GNR!)...but those assholes (C&R) aren't getting a dime of my money

and if anything, being without live music for a year has only made it such that I would almost certainly go if given the opportunity for free...last year I don't even know that a free ticket would've gotten me to go

I'm right on the fence but if I do go I will probably just grab some cheap lawn seats or something at the last minute. If it is just SYMM plus a two song encore including one cover the prices for this just don't make any sense. It also just feels kind of dirty.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 2:40 pm 
AnalLog

veddar10 wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
Strat wrote:
MattA75 wrote:

I'm right on the fence but if I do go I will probably just grab some cheap lawn seats or something at the last minute. If it is just SYMM plus a two song encore including one cover the prices for this just don't make any sense. It also just feels kind of dirty.

my guess setlist wise is:

SYMM
Remedy
Thorn
Wiser
Soul Singing
Sting Me
well known cover song

with obviously the last 6 being in whatever order they choose...I do wish they had picked a better opener than Dirty Honey (though given shared management, not surprising)

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 12:05 pm 
Broken Tamborine

I'm right on the fence but if I do go I will probably just grab some cheap lawn seats or something at the last minute. If it is just SYMM plus a two song encore including one cover the prices for this just don't make any sense. It also just feels kind of dirty.[/quote]

my guess setlist wise is:

SYMM
Remedy
Thorn
Wiser
Soul Singing
Sting Me
well known cover song

with obviously the last 6 being in whatever order they choose...I do wish they had picked a better opener than Dirty Honey (though given shared management, not surprising)[/quote]

I'm afraid the encore won't even be that good. I'll wait and see what they start playing in the first few shows. I'm sure nothing else will be going on that Friday so will probably grab lawn tickets. If it was Southern Harmony front to back I wouldn't hesitate.

PostPosted: Mon June 07, 2021 10:54 pm 
AnalLog

https://www.pollstar.com/article/at-pea ... ter-148207

It'll be interesting to see how a cartoon dog handles Steve's parts...

PostPosted: Fri June 25, 2021 5:59 pm 
Future Drummer

The way Rich and Chris have been putting down Gorman is the final nail in the coffin for me. I will always love their music but I will never go see them after this.

"THE BLACK CROWES' RICH ROBINSON Says STEVE GORMAN Was An 'Incredibly Negative And Manipulative Force' In The Band"

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/the-black-crowes-rich-robinson-says-steve-gorman-was-an-incredibly-negative-and-manipulative-force-in-the-band/

PostPosted: Fri June 25, 2021 7:26 pm 
Major Dude

surfndestroy wrote:
The way Rich and Chris have been putting down Gorman is the final nail in the coffin for me. I will always love their music but I will never go see them after this.

"THE BLACK CROWES' RICH ROBINSON Says STEVE GORMAN Was An 'Incredibly Negative And Manipulative Force' In The Band"

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/the-black-crowes-rich-robinson-says-steve-gorman-was-an-incredibly-negative-and-manipulative-force-in-the-band/

That’s hilarious. Fuck those guys.

PostPosted: Fri June 25, 2021 11:53 pm 
Future Drummer

wease wrote:
surfndestroy wrote:

That’s hilarious. Fuck those guys.

I really try to keep the art separate from the artist but with the brothers, Chris especially, I do find it difficult to enjoy their music for the last while.

PostPosted: Sat June 26, 2021 12:46 am 
The Master

Nah. Still love their records. Won’t shell out money to see them live though. At least not as the crowes.

Brothers of a feather tour maybe?

PostPosted: Sat June 26, 2021 2:50 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

They really are the worst. But they're playing Jazzfest so I'll watch their set. If it was their own show I'd skip it at this point, but unless the rest of the day's lineup isn't great, I'll already be there. It gets easier to justify that way.

PostPosted: Sat June 26, 2021 7:09 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

I feel like if you sign up for the Black Crowes you sign up for all the drama and nonsense. It’s like being a Fleetwood Mac or Oasis fan and being shocked there’s infighting that spills over.

PostPosted: Sat June 26, 2021 10:56 pm 
Future Drummer

liebzz wrote:
I feel like if you sign up for the Black Crowes you sign up for all the drama and nonsense. It’s like being a Fleetwood Mac or Oasis fan and being shocked there’s infighting that spills over.

Idunno, the Robinson brothers really seem to take aim at people quite a bit over the years. I am obviously not foreign to opinionated musicians in the Gallaghers, especially Noel, but I just get a different sense from them. I also firmly believe they're currently just in it for the money, which I have my own issue with.

Chris' dig at John Mayer definitely bothered me but he actually 'apologized' for that one.

Amazingly I think the Tour of Brotherly Love went along pretty well considering.

PostPosted: Sun June 27, 2021 12:19 am 
The Master

Im fine with rockstar feuds and obnoxious behavior but this is so obvious a money grab its ridiculous. They're clearly out of money and they clearly so obviously still hate each other. So, anything that comes out of their mouth, especially when it comes to steve gorman, is laughable at best.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands