The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Black Crowes Thread
PostPosted: Fri December 18, 2015 7:21 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Strat wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Steve Gorman fucking rules.

It's really too bad it's come to this.

Damn near heartbreaking really :( I always looked forward to Blac Crowes shows. Some of the best I ever did saw.

I would've been down for a 25th anniversary tour with some unplayed gems, but I'm much more pissed that we're not going to get new music from them again, especially considering their last decade has been no slouch in the recording department.

PostPosted: Sat December 19, 2015 3:35 am 
AnalLog

Strat wrote:
evenslow wrote:

Damn near heartbreaking really :( I always looked forward to Blac Crowes shows. Some of the best I ever did saw.

On the original facebook post (where he made the Vedder comment) someone asked about Ford and Ed and Gorman all but said the tour was going to include them...I don't care if Ford was playing the Mick Taylor come out for a few songs role, just to see him and Rich play off each other again would've been enough to get me to go to multiple shows

PostPosted: Sat December 19, 2015 6:44 pm 
Stone's Bitch

MattA75 wrote:
Strat wrote:
evenslow wrote:

On the original facebook post (where he made the Vedder comment) someone asked about Ford and Ed and Gorman all but said the tour was going to include them...I don't care if Ford was playing the Mick Taylor come out for a few songs role, just to see him and Rich play off each other again would've been enough to get me to go to multiple shows

Shit. Now I'm more pissed.

PostPosted: Sat December 19, 2015 9:41 pm 
Broken Tamborine

That would have been so sick but after what CR said about Ford last time in interviews it is hard to imagine them playing together again. I forget his exact words about Ford after he left last time but they weren't exactly kind. I remember the show I saw with them in Orlando without Ed and I remember Marc and Rich being simply incredible that night. I also remember this guy next to me in the crowd that kept saying "they have to play Descending" and I just kept wondering if he was ever going to notice that there wasn't anyone on the keys.

PostPosted: Mon December 21, 2015 9:11 pm 
AnalLog

veddar10 wrote:
That would have been so sick but after what CR said about Ford last time in interviews it is hard to imagine them playing together again. I forget his exact words about Ford after he left last time but they weren't exactly kind. I remember the show I saw with them in Orlando without Ed and I remember Marc and Rich being simply incredible that night. I also remember this guy next to me in the crowd that kept saying "they have to play Descending" and I just kept wondering if he was ever going to notice that there wasn't anyone on the keys.

Yeah, but I mean how much demand would there be with yet ANOTHER guy in the lead guitar slot? I doubt Jackie Greene would be that desperate for a payday again, same with Luther who has his own shit going on. So if not Ford, then who? And who is there that would actually make the fans want to go see this band again? I know for a fact I'm far from alone in being done with seeing them live unless at minimum Ford is back.

PostPosted: Wed December 23, 2015 6:18 pm 
Broken Tamborine

MattA75 wrote:
veddar10 wrote:

Yeah, but I mean how much demand would there be with yet ANOTHER guy in the lead guitar slot? I doubt Jackie Greene would be that desperate for a payday again, same with Luther who has his own shit going on. So if not Ford, then who? And who is there that would actually make the fans want to go see this band again? I know for a fact I'm far from alone in being done with seeing them live unless at minimum Ford is back.

Possibly. They have put their differences aside in the past so anything is possible. I have to admit I would go see them live regardless of who they had on lead but I would be more inclined to go see 7 to 10 shows with Marc Ford playing. Also, multiple shows last tour weren't the same draw for me because they played pretty much the same set every night except for maybe 2 or 3 songs. Sure am glad I got to see a bunch of shows on the "say goodnight.." tour, those were pretty excellent.

PostPosted: Thu December 24, 2015 12:49 am 
Broken Tamborine

I still regret not catching them when I could have, basically playing my backyard.

However, I really enjoy the CRB and am hopeful for a reunion tour at some point.

PostPosted: Fri January 01, 2016 2:01 am 
The Master

I fucking love the segue from Ballad In Urgency to Wiser time. That piano. Kills me.

Fuck you Chris Robinson.

PostPosted: Fri January 01, 2016 2:33 am 
The Master

Also, I seem to have lost "The Lost Crowes" and I would love to have that if for nothing other than Lifevest.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun January 03, 2016 8:38 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Strat wrote:
Also, I seem to have lost "The Lost Crowes" and I would love to have that if for nothing other than Lifevest.

Thanks!

feathers

PostPosted: Sun January 03, 2016 10:57 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Strat wrote:
I fucking love the segue from Ballad In Urgency to Wiser time. That piano. Kills me.

Not to mention the piano intro for Descending. :luv:

PostPosted: Mon January 04, 2016 12:01 am 
AnalLog

evenslow wrote:
Strat wrote:

Not to mention the piano intro for Descending. :luv:

yup, Eddie Harsch was a bad motherfucker

PostPosted: Mon January 04, 2016 12:38 am 
The Master

So....? Can anyone hook me up?

PostPosted: Thu February 25, 2016 10:24 pm 
AnalLog

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... aper-album

Again, fuck Chris Robinson

Quote:
"I think Chris thought he had some leverage; the 25th anniversary was coming up and his wife sent this email over demanding all this stuff and we said, 'We don't agree to your terms,' and the rest is history," Robinson says. "It's the same old shit. We could've done one final tour and ended on a high note with everyone in the band, done something really cool and say goodbye. We could've handed it better -- or Chris could've. It's a bummer, and that's all I can say."

he had his fucking wife email over his demands...what a dick...and I don't care that she's his "business manager", if he's going to ask for what he asked for he could've at least been a man about it

PostPosted: Thu February 25, 2016 10:28 pm 
The Master

MattA75 wrote:
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6889414/rich-robinson-enemy-song-premiere-paper-album

Quote:
"I think Chris thought he had some leverage; the 25th anniversary was coming up and his wife sent this email over demanding all this stuff and we said, 'We don't agree to your terms,' and the rest is history," Robinson says. "It's the same old shit. We could've done one final tour and ended on a high note with everyone in the band, done something really cool and say goodbye. We could've handed it better -- or Chris could've. It's a bummer, and that's all I can say."

he had his fucking wife email over his demands...what a dick...and I don't care that she's his "business manager", if he's going to ask for what he asked for he could've at least been a man about it

I take it they wont be getting together for the holidays anymore.

That really sucks. What an ego on that guy. CBH is playing in Vail next month and i kind of want to go throw shit at him.

PostPosted: Fri February 26, 2016 3:35 am 
Stone's Bitch

Strat wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6889414/rich-robinson-enemy-song-premiere-paper-album

Quote:

That really sucks. What an ego on that guy. CBH is playing in Vail next month and i kind of want to go throw shit at him.

Just go and shout out requests for Rich Robinson songs all night.

PostPosted: Fri February 26, 2016 5:21 am 
AnalLog

Strat wrote:
MattA75 wrote:

Quote:

I wish I knew what the hell CR's problem with the Black Crowes is...whatever, fuck him and his shitty Grateful Dead tribute act

PostPosted: Fri February 26, 2016 8:22 am 
Jeff's Infallible Pendulum

I've been getting deep into these guys the past couple of months. There was a really rad interview with Marc Ford on the Dean Delray podcast. he also interviewed Steve Gorman sometime last year. Worth checking out.

PostPosted: Fri February 26, 2016 3:07 pm 
The Master

MattA75 wrote:
Strat wrote:
MattA75 wrote:

Quote:

I wish I knew what the hell CR's problem with the Black Crowes is...whatever, fuck him and his shitty Grateful Dead tribute act

All my friensd in Vail here were like "oh man chris robinson!! i thought you'd be excited".

Yea, umm.....Nope.

PostPosted: Fri February 26, 2016 7:15 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Chris needs to catch a lickin'.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 38  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands