Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Explosions In The Sky

Wed January 30, 2013 5:48 pm

I've been really digging the first record lately. It's the only one I don't have on wax though. They really should reissue it.

Re: Explosions In The Sky

Wed January 30, 2013 6:45 pm

I like them.

Wed January 30, 2013 8:57 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:I've been really digging the first record lately. It's the only one I don't have on wax though. They really should reissue it.

next time im at waterloo ill dig through the bin.

Wed January 30, 2013 9:05 pm

Like I said in the "Now Playing" thread, I've wanted to get into these guys but haven't been able to yet. I always see their records at the record shop and they look so pretty. Which three albums should I listen to in order to crack the surface, and in which order?

Wed January 30, 2013 9:48 pm

Charlie wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:I've been really digging the first record lately. It's the only one I don't have on wax though. They really should reissue it.

next time im at waterloo ill dig through the bin.

Dude, if you can find this for me I'd be forever in your debt.

Wed January 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Simple Torture wrote:Like I said in the "Now Playing" thread, I've wanted to get into these guys but haven't been able to yet. I always see their records at the record shop and they look so pretty. Which three albums should I listen to in order to crack the surface, and in which order?

Everyone told me to start with The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place but that one took me a while to get into. For me, All Of A Sudden I Miss Everyone is the album that grabbed me and made me want to listen to the rest.

If I were you I'd go with All Of A Sudden I Miss Everyone, then go back to How Strange, Innocence, and then go to The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place.

Wed January 30, 2013 10:04 pm

Been listening to these guys lately.

I like it n'all, I find a lot of it interesting, but with a lot of songs over 7 or 8 minutes, I'm not sure this is the band for me.

I find myself having a hard time paying attention past 4 minutes, then I get kinda bored with the music. I mean it's alright, some of it reminds me of Mogwai, but I don't think this is a band that will be regular rotation for me.

Fri February 01, 2013 5:25 pm

darth_vedder wrote:Been listening to these guys lately.

I like it n'all, I find a lot of it interesting, but with a lot of songs over 7 or 8 minutes, I'm not sure this is the band for me.

I find myself having a hard time paying attention past 4 minutes, then I get kinda bored with the music. I mean it's alright, some of it reminds me of Mogwai, but I don't think this is a band that will be regular rotation for me.

there is definitely a time and place for eits. solo road trips, long flights, and moody weekend nights alone. :oops:

Fri February 01, 2013 5:47 pm

Charlie wrote:

there is definitely a time and place for eits. solo road trips, long flights, and moody weekend nights alone. :oops:

I can totally see that. They would make for a great solo road trip band or an evening at home - the Mrs. + weed + whiskey.

Wed March 13, 2013 8:10 pm

Fantastic show in 2007. These guys are great but not really for everyday listening. I always found them a great listen when wandering aimlessly through London or venturing through museums or galleries.

Thu March 14, 2013 12:11 am

I ran a road race in February with Take Care, Take Care, Take Care in the earbuds. Also listen to a lot of Explosions while practicing my soccer skills. In ear headphones make exercising so much more epic...Postcard From 1952 makes me feel like I am floating in zero gravity.

Thu March 14, 2013 2:56 am

exactly how i feel.

i think one of their concerts might be pretty awesome though.

even if the whole thing sounds the same.

Thu March 14, 2013 12:27 pm

Yeah, post-rock makes for some great museum touring music.

Fri June 07, 2013 10:26 am

These guys are good. Remind me of EITS.

Fri June 21, 2013 6:57 pm

i just got around to their last album. its really great. has a lot more life to it.

Fri June 21, 2013 8:29 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:i just got around to their last album. its really great. has a lot more life to it.

It's my least favorite.

Fri June 21, 2013 8:58 pm

The Earth Is Not a Cold Dead Place
Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever
All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone
How Strange, Innocence
Take Care, Take Care, Take Care
The Rescue (if this counts as a studio album)

Fri June 21, 2013 10:18 pm

My top 4 change all the fucking time.

Fri June 21, 2013 10:29 pm

from what i've heard whilst internetting this afternoon, it's... it's mogwai. not to say i don't like what i've heard, it's just that these guys are producing the same elements and combinations that i like of mogwai and sigur ros.

Fri June 21, 2013 11:00 pm

you guys need to listen to it again, and listen right this time.
Post a reply