The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post subject: Re: Alabama Shakes | Boys & Girls
PostPosted: Tue February 26, 2013 12:37 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Strat wrote:
So I first heard the album and I really enjoyed it. Then it kind of died on me and felt over hyped..... Hold on is obviously a great tune.... but the rest was kind of....just fine...

I just watched the SNL performance and I need to revisit the album. That chicks voice is insanely beautiful and powerful. They seem to have tightened up quit ea bit too. Seem to be a better band all around.

Damn near sent chills down my spine hearing her belt that out.

Yea, she also looks ridiculous, but whatever it takes to belt that voice out...

Good shit.

the 2nd song they played on SNL is from the Silver Linings Playbook soundtrack, i really like that one also, it was nice to hear at the end of the movie.
they are really good live, i was most looking forward to seeing them at Bonnaroo last year and they did not disappoint, so if you get the chance to see them definitely do it.
and i never thought it was a guy, but when i downloaded they had a description and a picture of the band so i already knew they had a woman lead singer.

PostPosted: Wed February 27, 2013 1:40 pm 
A Return To Form

The album is meh. There are silver linings in all of the songs and they have potential, but they fall flat IMO. The musicianship just is not there to support them in this style of music.

PostPosted: Sat March 02, 2013 1:39 am 
AnalLog

Strat wrote:
So I first heard the album and I really enjoyed it. Then it kind of died on me and felt over hyped..... Hold on is obviously a great tune.... but the rest was kind of....just fine...

I just watched the SNL performance and I need to revisit the album. That chicks voice is insanely beautiful and powerful. They seem to have tightened up quit ea bit too. Seem to be a better band all around.

Damn near sent chills down my spine hearing her belt that out.

Yea, she also looks ridiculous, but whatever it takes to belt that voice out...

Good shit.

Yah I agree with all of this. If I could "like" the post I would.

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands