Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

LCD soundsystem

Tue January 05, 2016 9:18 pm

looks like they're back with a planned album and tour

Re: LCD soundsystem

Tue January 05, 2016 9:19 pm

so that pretentious, overblown documentary they made a few years ago was a big load of lying bullshit then, eh?

Tue January 05, 2016 9:23 pm

yeah i guess. i dont really care. i went to the MSG show and it's one of the top 5 concerts of my life.

here's a note from james murphy with some details and some thoughts about negative reactions:
http://lcdsoundsystem.com/main/archives/793

Wed January 06, 2016 12:35 am

Cool news and cool link. Ta.

Wed January 06, 2016 12:51 am

Thats a reeeeally long letter.

I like his work, but he is such a self importance hipster, thats its just boring to me. He did the same with the ¨farewell¨...and sometimes LCD is a band, sometimes its not...Just release the music, make the tour, and say you use the moniker for the money.

Its ok.

Wed January 06, 2016 1:56 am

I never saw them live, and they're a favorite, so this is pretty great news for me.

Wed January 06, 2016 2:04 am

VinylGuy wrote:Thats a reeeeally long letter.

I like his work, but he is such a self importance hipster, thats its just boring to me. He did the same with the ¨farewell¨...and sometimes LCD is a band, sometimes its not...Just release the music, make the tour, and say you use the moniker for the money.

Its ok.

:thumbsup:

Every LCD album is great; every LCD album is interchangeable.

Wed January 06, 2016 2:12 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:so that pretentious, overblown documentary they made a few years ago was a big load of lying bullshit then, eh?

I have no interest in the band but I'm vaguely aware of this and it's surely a stretch to call it a lie if they truly believed it was over at the time.

This is one of my bugbears, like pulling out a politician's quote from many years ago that contradicts their current stance on an issue and labelling them a hypocrite.

Wed January 06, 2016 2:18 am

Birds in Hell wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:so that pretentious, overblown documentary they made a few years ago was a big load of lying bullshit then, eh?

I have no interest in the band but I'm vaguely aware of this and it's surely a stretch to call it a lie if they truly believed it was over at the time.

This is one of my bugbears, like pulling out a politician's quote from many years ago that contradicts their current stance on an issue and labelling them a hypocrite.

Hey Birds,

Love the new avatar. Very snazzy, and a little vapor wave.

Wed January 06, 2016 2:20 am

Birds in Hell wrote:

I know, I was exaggerating for effect

Wed January 06, 2016 2:41 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

:oops:

Great, now I'm the weirdo.

tragabigzanda wrote:Hey Birds,

Thank you, however I'll let you know this is in fact a return of the "classic" spenno/Birds in Hell avatar. Perhaps I was ahead of the curve with this vapor wave thing?

Wed January 06, 2016 2:44 am

Birds in Hell wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

Thank you, however I'll let you know this is in fact a return of the "classic" spenno/Birds in Hell avatar. Perhaps I was ahead of the curve with this vapor wave thing?

Spenno = Birds In Hell, and another piece of the RM puzzle falls into place...

Wed January 06, 2016 3:22 am

I knew they'd be back. Can't wait for the new music, and can't wait for the tour. One of the best live acts I've ever seen.

Wed January 06, 2016 5:19 am

I'll take a new album and a show here in Brisbane, please Mr Murphy.

Wed January 06, 2016 6:17 am

tragabigzanda wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

Spenno = Birds In Hell, and another piece of the RM puzzle falls into place...

RM is certainly lots of one and not so much of the other.

Wed January 06, 2016 6:55 am

I will only see them live if its 90 minutes of that guy lying on his kitchen floor opening and closing his oven door over and over.

Wed January 06, 2016 3:48 pm

i think he made some sweet coin from the 5 night run at terminal 5, the sold out MSG show, profits from 'play the hits'. i dont think his plans of running DFA into a popular label and producing the next generation of hits panned out. combine that with stupid business ideas (like starting a coffee brand) and all of those things probably tapped the piggy bank. he's a musician; he should make music. was it stupid to quit at his peak, probably. will he admit that, probably not. I guess he watched too much of the last waltz. does he owe anyone anything for coming back from retirement, nope.

Wed January 06, 2016 9:55 pm

Never got into LCD

Fri January 08, 2016 3:21 pm

I'm pretty sure in that pretentious film he said if they wanted to get back together in 5 years they would. He also seems quite genuine if you're paying attention to him; I think he felt like it was over then...but he always left the door open on a return.

Fri January 08, 2016 6:54 pm

Gods' Die wrote:I'm pretty sure in that pretentious film he said if they wanted to get back together in 5 years they would. He also seems quite genuine if you're paying attention to him; I think he felt like it was over then...but he always left the door open on a return when the money ran out
Post a reply