Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Behind The Sun: The Official RHCP Thread.

Tue May 31, 2016 4:48 am

chewm wrote:The Getaway is pretty meh, I like the first one tho.
Im still quite an Im With You supporter, it has some duds but there are a few songs like "Meet me at the corner" that are more introverted without being that poppy in an obvious way (save for the ending maybe, which I still enjoy). I kinda liked that direction.

Nevermind, I just listened to some tracks of that album and most kinda sucked. Still some stuff I really like there tho.

Tue May 31, 2016 1:27 pm

I agree with Im With You. I do appreciate a bunch of songs there, but it was mostly a pretty bland album.

Wed June 01, 2016 3:59 am

The first ten seconds of Dark Necessities, before the bass kicks in, sounds like it's going to be a Death Cab song.

Thu June 02, 2016 8:02 pm

I love the last :35 seconds of The Getaway. Actually I like the whole song quite a bit, but from 3:35 through the end it is pretty perfect.

Thu June 02, 2016 11:22 pm

Yeah, im enjoying The Getaway more and more with each listen. I really like how subtle the bass is here...and the background vocals too.

Sun June 05, 2016 10:14 am

Fri June 10, 2016 4:53 am

We Turn Red, from the new one:

I still like the first song they released the best, but this one is not bad. The ripoff of Rock On (David Essex) is a little too on-the-nose, but otherwise a fun little number. Not amazing, but still a big, enjoyable step up from the last two albums...

Wed June 15, 2016 9:01 am

Leaked

Wed June 15, 2016 4:58 pm

Thanks for the heads up. They are going more funk/R&B/pop on this one. I like it so far, but don’t love it. I’m seven songs in, and Dark Necessities is still my favorite. Seems like every song has a great verse and a boring chorus.

Wed June 15, 2016 9:37 pm

Can anyone pm me a link

Wed June 15, 2016 9:48 pm

Got Some wrote:Can anyone pm me a link

Sent

Thu June 16, 2016 2:06 am

I like the longest waves chorus.

This Ticonderoga and WeTurn Red rock!!!!

Goodbye Angel not bad either

Go robot and the last 3 songs are a bit meh!!!!
Last edited by Got Some on Thu June 16, 2016 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu June 16, 2016 6:02 am

tragabigzanda wrote:

Sent

I'd like the link too please :wave:

Thu June 16, 2016 1:36 pm

PHATJ wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Sent

I'd like the link too please :wave:

Sent

Fri June 17, 2016 1:52 pm

So after a couple of listens I don't know. The first few songs sound dreivitive of their own sound, whatever that means, and the rest just aren't exciting me just yet.

That said, the last QotSA album hit me the same way at first and it eventually became my favorite album that year.

Fri June 17, 2016 2:30 pm

So far it sounds a little down tempo for me, but i like the direction..you can hear Danger Mouse production everywhere.

Fri June 17, 2016 4:08 pm

VinylGuy wrote:So far it sounds a little down tempo for me, but i like the direction..you can hear Danger Mouse production everywhere.

Yea, you can definitely hear DM's fingerprints all over it. Which in-and-of-itself seems like a good things for the band. I just wish the melodies (particularly the choruses) were more interesting; and that the guitar parts had some sort of presence. I think Frusciante brought a melodic sensibility to their stuff that Klinghoffer can try to ape, but will never obtain. On By the Way, it seemed like the parts dovetailed with each other perfectly, to create all these little pockets melody and cool sounds. But this just feel like every song is "Riff! Ok, now the chorus!" Pretty one-dimensional to my ears.

Fri June 17, 2016 10:00 pm

its too early for me to know whats to feel with this one...i like and appreciate the effort, but feels like DM production puts them in a very bland mood so far.

Sat June 18, 2016 7:22 am

Only listened to it twice but so far it's does not live up to the hype. Well, not sure if there was a hype. But Ive read that it's supposed to be a new sound, and that's only partly true. But it's basically the same slur since 'by the way'.
it's a typical *** or C- record.

Klinghoffer Era:

I'm besides you >> I'm With You >> The Getaway

Sat June 18, 2016 8:25 am

I'm kinda digging this. The first few songs aren't that amazing, but Go Robot/Feasting on the Flowers/Detroit is solid.

I really like DM.
Post a reply