Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Behind The Sun: The Official RHCP Thread.

Thu July 02, 2020 2:53 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:Why no funny RHCP themed name though?

R U TALKIN' RHCP RE: ME?

Thu July 02, 2020 2:54 pm

Listened to the first pod and hoooooly shit are the first two albums embarrassingly bad.

Thu July 02, 2020 3:16 pm

Lol yeah

Thu July 02, 2020 5:12 pm

I have no use for anything pre-Mother's Milk.

Thu July 02, 2020 5:33 pm

I was shocked to hear Adam say that first record sold like 300k. Embarrassing.

Thu July 02, 2020 6:58 pm

Now I might actually listen to that podcast. Aukerman is hilarious but his taste in rock music sucks.

Thu July 02, 2020 7:08 pm

I’m actually more interested to hear them opine on the shitty albums than the ones I already love.

Fri July 03, 2020 11:31 pm

First hour of E1 was brutal; Scott Aukerman is so horribly unfunny here. The second hour, when they started talking about the band, was much better.

Fri July 03, 2020 11:45 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:First hour of E1 was brutal; Scott Aukerman is so horribly unfunny here. The second hour, when they started talking about the band, was much better.

Thats my experience with their podcast. I havent listened to a lot of the REM eps but i always skipped to the part they talk about the band.

Fri July 03, 2020 11:46 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:First hour of E1 was brutal; Scott Aukerman is so horribly unfunny here. The second hour, when they started talking about the band, was much better.

Is this your first time listening to any of their podcasts? That's a very common initial reaction (see here) but you warm up to it. I enjoyed the first hour more because the second one had those unspeakably shitty songs.

Ugh so are they all like this? I honestly wish they’d lose the comedy and just play it straight.

Jorge wrote:

Is this your first time listening to any of their podcasts? That's a very common initial reaction (see here) but you warm up to it. I enjoyed the first hour more because the second one had those unspeakably shitty songs.

Yes, first time

Fri July 03, 2020 11:49 pm

Jorge wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
theplatypus wrote:Scott Aukerman is a jerk

Yes

I love Scott

I have now listened to 5 episodes of the REM podcast and it has completely ruined my opinion of Scott Aukerman (though I didn't really have one before). He's rude, smug, dismissive, close-minded, full of bad ideas about how music works (any song that is an instrumental or isn't hooky and upbeat is "not a real song"), not very knowledgeable and not particularly funny. I don't know how Adam Scott puts up with how he's treated by this asshole.

True story: Back in 2001-2002, my roommate was banging Michael Showalter. He stayed with us for a week, and he was EXACTLY like Aukerman in this podcast. I never warmed to him, and Aukerman immediately reminded me of this. I’d be surprised if I come around to his schtick, rather than just put up with it because I like Adam Scott and love RHCP.
Last edited by tragabigzanda on Fri July 03, 2020 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri July 03, 2020 11:53 pm

I get it

Fri July 03, 2020 11:55 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
Jorge wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
theplatypus wrote:Scott Aukerman is a jerk

Yes

I love Scott

I have now listened to 5 episodes of the REM podcast and it has completely ruined my opinion of Scott Aukerman (though I didn't really have one before). He's rude, smug, dismissive, close-minded, full of bad ideas about how music works (any song that is an instrumental or isn't hooky and upbeat is "not a real song"), not very knowledgeable and not particularly funny. I don't know how Adam Scott puts up with how he's treated by this asshole.

True story: Back in 2001-2002, my roommate was banging Michael Showalter. He stayed with us for a week, and he was EXACTLY like Aukerman in this podcast. I never warmed to him, and Aukerman immediately reminded me of this. I’d be surprised if I come around to his schtick, rather than just put up with it because I like Adam Scott and love RHCP.

But Showalter is great though

Sat July 04, 2020 12:00 am

His work is sometimes great, yes

Sat July 04, 2020 1:38 am

You guys don't get the pod. Aukerman is shtick. You want some straight up pod where Scott and Adam talk earnestly about a shitty band (rhcp not rem)?

Sat July 04, 2020 1:47 am

I just wish auckerman were funny.

Sat July 04, 2020 2:17 am

verb_to_trust wrote:You guys don't get the pod. Aukerman is shtick. You want some straight up pod where Scott and Adam talk earnestly about a shitty band (rhcp not rem)?

i get it and sometimes it works. But i feel its better when talk about the band. Im more interested then.

Sat July 04, 2020 2:54 am

VinylGuy wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:You guys don't get the pod. Aukerman is shtick. You want some straight up pod where Scott and Adam talk earnestly about a shitty band (rhcp not rem)?

i get it and sometimes it works. But i feel its better when talk about the band. Im more interested then.

The pod is not really about the band
Post a reply