Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Behind The Sun: The Official RHCP Thread.

Thu May 05, 2016 3:38 pm

New RHCP song is the best thing they've released since By The Way. Sounds like the Danger Mouse/Nigel Godrich combo was a smart move. Now I'm actually excited for this:

http://redhotchilipeppers.com/news/516-the-getaway

Thu May 05, 2016 9:30 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:"excited"

Thu May 05, 2016 9:32 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:"excited"

I agree that I've overstated by enthusiasm. How about "not actively repulsed"?

Thu May 05, 2016 9:42 pm

Not bad.

Thu May 05, 2016 11:33 pm

Not bad, I just can't muster enthusiasm for these guys anymore. I like the album cover. The red door in the background looks like cover for Pavement's "Slanted and Enchanted."

Thu May 05, 2016 11:49 pm

I liked it.

Fri May 06, 2016 3:38 pm

chewm wrote:I liked it.

Me too. This might be interesting.

I just started the AK biography the other day too.

Sat May 07, 2016 12:32 am

LetMeSleep wrote:

That autobiography is a lot of fun.

The song is ok, there is something about RHCP recent melodies that i dont quite like...interesting solo though.

Sat May 07, 2016 1:12 am

VinylGuy wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:

The song is ok, there is something about RHCP recent melodies that i dont quite like...interesting solo though.

Klinghoffer(sp?) is such a boring guitarist. He's apeing JF's sound without any of the peculiarities of JF's vibe.

Sat May 07, 2016 1:17 am

tragabigzanda wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:

Klinghoffer(sp?) is such a boring guitarist. He's apeing JF's sound without any of the peculiarities of JF's vibe.

yeah, he is no John or Hillel for sure, but i do appreciate whats he is trying to do here, and in most of the songs from Im With You, he seems to be more of a filler type of player, with patterns and a spacey kinda sound.

Thu May 26, 2016 11:33 pm

A new song is out. Pretty interesting...seems the album will be mid tempo at least, but its full of little things, probably because of Danger Mouse.

Fri May 27, 2016 1:23 pm

Pretty interesting 1st couple of tracks. I like Dark Necessities a bit more. Nice to see them change it up, but still have certain parts of each of these songs sound distinctively like RHCP.

Fri May 27, 2016 1:31 pm

Yea, this one's good, not great. Kiedis is overdoing it, and those drums are sort of annoying. Not bad, just not great. Still excited.

Fri May 27, 2016 1:48 pm

I like Dark Necessities. It does a very familiar vibe to it.

A few months ago, I listened to Stadium Arcadium to see if my opinion had changed on it. It hasn't. Still garbage for the most part. However, I still really like Wet Sand. That one can stay.

Fri May 27, 2016 3:21 pm

This new one is entirely forgettable.

Mon May 30, 2016 9:22 am

VinylGuy wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:

I didn't mind "I'm With You" Brendan's death song look around Annie wants a baby monarchy and rain dancing maggie are cool.

But the two songs released off "the getaway" sound rather vanilla to me.

I don't hate them they just are OK.

Tue May 31, 2016 3:11 am

I clicked on the Dark Necessities song just now, and I did so with low expectations. I haven't cared about a new Chili Peppers song since Californication was released. But this song sounded really good to me. Consider me rather shocked and pretty intrigued. I want to listen to it again, and that shocks me! What's the name of the second song released?

Tue May 31, 2016 3:15 am

PHATJ wrote:I clicked on the Dark Necessities song just now, and I did so with low expectations. I haven't cared about a new Chili Peppers song since Californication was released. But this song sounded really good to me. Consider me rather shocked and pretty intrigued. I want to listen to it again, and that shocks me! What's the name of the second song released?

The Getaway. There's some brief reviews in the thread.

Tue May 31, 2016 3:24 am

tragabigzanda wrote:
PHATJ wrote:I clicked on the Dark Necessities song just now, and I did so with low expectations. I haven't cared about a new Chili Peppers song since Californication was released. But this song sounded really good to me. Consider me rather shocked and pretty intrigued. I want to listen to it again, and that shocks me! What's the name of the second song released?

The Getaway. There's some brief reviews in the thread.

Got it :thumbsup: Just listened to The Getaway, and I thought it was pretty solid. For sure not bad, and there is a lot of interesting stuff going on in there. Now I'm really interested in this new album. :shock:

Tue May 31, 2016 4:16 am

The Getaway is pretty meh, I like the first one tho.
Im still quite an Im With You supporter, it has some duds but there are a few songs like "Meet me at the corner" that are more introverted without being that poppy in an obvious way (save for the ending maybe, which I still enjoy). I kinda liked that direction.
Post a reply