The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Behind The Sun: The Official RHCP Thread.
PostPosted: Mon October 19, 2015 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 67136
Kaius wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Kaius wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
turned2black wrote:
I kinda hate this band now.

i still like a few songs, but yeah this

When's the last time you were probed?

when your mother came over

Did you have some of mother's milk?

is that what that was?

_________________
malice wrote:
that's because you suck too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Behind The Sun: The Official RHCP Thread.
PostPosted: Mon October 19, 2015 4:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Fri November 15, 2013 6:14 am
Posts: 21299
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Kaius wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Kaius wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
turned2black wrote:
I kinda hate this band now.

i still like a few songs, but yeah this

When's the last time you were probed?

when your mother came over

Did you have some of mother's milk?

is that what that was?

Blood sugar ba-bay

_________________
Self wrote:
I don't know. Maybe it's just not meant to be.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Behind The Sun: The Official RHCP Thread.
PostPosted: Thu April 21, 2016 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 13937
Hey, these fellas played Aeroplane a few months ago for the first time since Navarro was in the band:



Neato.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Behind The Sun: The Official RHCP Thread.
PostPosted: Fri April 22, 2016 10:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
Jeff's Infallible Pendulum
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 2:06 am
Posts: 2066
Location: Australia
Probably no surprise but not good blokes in the early days.

https://thegrayishcarpet.com/2016/04/20/blood-sugar-sex-dickheads/

_________________
Lament wrote:
Like I always say, "Anyone who thinks getting kicked in the nuts by one person sucks has never gotten kicked in the nuts by two people at the same time."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Behind The Sun: The Official RHCP Thread.
PostPosted: Fri April 22, 2016 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38233
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
Fuzzcharger wrote:
Probably no surprise but not good blokes in the early days.

https://thegrayishcarpet.com/2016/04/20/blood-sugar-sex-dickheads/


The band that wrote Party On Your Pussy are misogynistic?!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Behind The Sun: The Official RHCP Thread.
PostPosted: Fri April 22, 2016 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 19991
Location: Gigatown
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
turned2black wrote:
I kinda hate this band now.

i still like a few songs, but yeah this

Same. I was a fan during the 90s. The BSSM through Californication run was pretty good, but I completely lost interest after that and I've never felt compelled to listen again.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Behind The Sun: The Official RHCP Thread.
PostPosted: Fri April 22, 2016 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 22579
Fuzzcharger wrote:
Probably no surprise but not good blokes in the early days.

https://thegrayishcarpet.com/2016/04/20/blood-sugar-sex-dickheads/


oh man you should read Anthony´s book. Its a collection of weird shit.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Behind The Sun: The Official RHCP Thread.
PostPosted: Sat April 23, 2016 10:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Jeff's Infallible Pendulum
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 2:06 am
Posts: 2066
Location: Australia
tragabigzanda wrote:
Fuzzcharger wrote:
Probably no surprise but not good blokes in the early days.

https://thegrayishcarpet.com/2016/04/20/blood-sugar-sex-dickheads/


The band that wrote Party On Your Pussy are misogynistic?!


I don't think misogyny is the biggest issue here.

_________________
Lament wrote:
Like I always say, "Anyone who thinks getting kicked in the nuts by one person sucks has never gotten kicked in the nuts by two people at the same time."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Behind The Sun: The Official RHCP Thread.
PostPosted: Sat April 23, 2016 11:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38233
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
Fuzzcharger wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Fuzzcharger wrote:
Probably no surprise but not good blokes in the early days.

https://thegrayishcarpet.com/2016/04/20/blood-sugar-sex-dickheads/


The band that wrote Party On Your Pussy are misogynistic?!


I don't think misogyny is the biggest issue here.

No, I know. The alleged sexual assault is the real issue. I'm just saying I'm not surprised.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Behind The Sun: The Official RHCP Thread.
PostPosted: Sun April 24, 2016 4:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 14857
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
It was pointed out to me recently that RHCP is like the biggest band out there, of which you've never actually met someone who is a big RHCP fan.

It's kinda true.

_________________
PM me for tips on writing a great signature.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Behind The Sun: The Official RHCP Thread.
PostPosted: Sun April 24, 2016 5:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 19991
Location: Gigatown
Bammer wrote:
It was pointed out to me recently that RHCP is like the biggest band out there, of which you've never actually met someone who is a big RHCP fan.

It's kinda true.


Foo fighters / nickelback


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Behind The Sun: The Official RHCP Thread.
PostPosted: Sun April 24, 2016 3:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 22579
U2 is the one that comes to mind.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Behind The Sun: The Official RHCP Thread.
PostPosted: Sun April 24, 2016 4:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 14857
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
PHATJ wrote:
Bammer wrote:
It was pointed out to me recently that RHCP is like the biggest band out there, of which you've never actually met someone who is a big RHCP fan.

It's kinda true.


Foo fighters / nickelback


Interesting call on Foo Fighters. You may have something there.

As for Nickelback: A) You must not live in Canada, B) Ask Lenny if he knows any Nickelback fans down there in God's country.


VinylGuy wrote:
U2 is the one that comes to mind.


I know at least a couple huge U2 fans. Well, at least they were. I'm sure it's faded over time.

_________________
PM me for tips on writing a great signature.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Behind The Sun: The Official RHCP Thread.
PostPosted: Sun April 24, 2016 5:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 19991
Location: Gigatown
I love U2. I think Foo Fighters is the correct answer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Behind The Sun: The Official RHCP Thread.
PostPosted: Thu April 28, 2016 3:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 4134
Bammer wrote:
As for Nickelback: A) You must not live in Canada, B) Ask Lenny if he knows any Nickelback fans down there in God's country.


I do. They still fit this category, as I know literally zero Nickelback fans.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Behind The Sun: The Official RHCP Thread.
PostPosted: Thu April 28, 2016 4:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 9:37 am
Posts: 2521
Bammer wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Bammer wrote:
It was pointed out to me recently that RHCP is like the biggest band out there, of which you've never actually met someone who is a big RHCP fan.

It's kinda true.


Foo fighters / nickelback


Interesting call on Foo Fighters. You may have something there.

As for Nickelback: A) You must not live in Canada, B) Ask Lenny if he knows any Nickelback fans down there in God's country.

VinylGuy wrote:
U2 is the one that comes to mind.


I know at least a couple huge U2 fans. Well, at least they were. I'm sure it's faded over time.


The big one that I remember during my lifetime was Garth Brooks. He was all over the place selling billions and billions of albums...always at #1...and I didn't know a single person who listened to him or knew how any of his songs went.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Behind The Sun: The Official RHCP Thread.
PostPosted: Thu April 28, 2016 4:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 12345
Location: Washington State
I grew up in a rural part of the country and the bus driver had a stereo tuned to the local country radio station. There were plenty of people who knew his songs and sang along every time they were on.

Ugh.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Behind The Sun: The Official RHCP Thread.
PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 9:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 09, 2013 4:38 am
Posts: 2958
Fuzzcharger wrote:
Probably no surprise but not good blokes in the early days.

https://thegrayishcarpet.com/2016/04/20/blood-sugar-sex-dickheads/


"As we looked in the cabinet, they pressed up against me and told me about all of the ways we could make a super sexy sandwich. At first I thought they were joking."

Should I really be that offended by this? At the risk of sounding like an asshole, to me it sounds like this person is perhaps way too uptight about their sexuality. I don't know, but you put me in that situation with a couple famous music artists (or anyone, famous or not) male or female, and I definitely wouldn't react by running away and crying. Though I could be wrong and this was actually a very traumatic experience.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Behind The Sun: The Official RHCP Thread.
PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 9:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38233
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
Leatherhead wrote:
Fuzzcharger wrote:
Probably no surprise but not good blokes in the early days.

https://thegrayishcarpet.com/2016/04/20/blood-sugar-sex-dickheads/


"As we looked in the cabinet, they pressed up against me and told me about all of the ways we could make a super sexy sandwich. At first I thought they were joking."

Should I really be that offended by this? At the risk of sounding like an asshole, to me it sounds like this person is perhaps way too uptight about their sexuality. I don't know, but you put me in that situation with a couple famous music artists (or anyone, famous or not) male or female, and I definitely wouldn't react by running away and crying. Though I could be wrong and this was actually a very traumatic experience.

"All the ways" is pretty vague. Did they literally just say, "We could make a super sexy sandwich"?
Or did they perhaps qualify it by saying "Flea will be the sausage, I'll be the mayo, you be the bun"?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Behind The Sun: The Official RHCP Thread.
PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 9:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38233
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
Dammit now I'm hungry.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon September 21, 2020 1:45 pm