The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 96  Next
 Post subject: Re: Behind The Sun: The Official RHCP Thread.
PostPosted: Mon December 16, 2019 2:21 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PJ + RHCP world tour redux?

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon December 16, 2019 2:23 am 
Mind Your Tanners

sounds like a great chance to bring back a touring Lollapalooza.

PostPosted: Mon December 16, 2019 2:28 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

tragabigzanda wrote:
Kaius wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Did you guys like Stadium Arcadium? I really don't like that album, felt like they were phoning it in a lot of the time. But every other record with Frusciante has been awesome.

I think it’s a solid double-album that can be condensed down into a truly great 12-14 track LP.

Yeah, I keep meaning to try and do exactly this, but I can't ever seem to get past the first few songs.

I did it a few years ago. It’s in this thread somewhere (I think).

PostPosted: Mon December 16, 2019 2:30 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

bune wrote:
sounds like a great chance to bring back a touring Lollapalooza.

perry farrell is only 60

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon December 16, 2019 2:34 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Kaius wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Kaius wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Did you guys like Stadium Arcadium? I really don't like that album, felt like they were phoning it in a lot of the time. But every other record with Frusciante has been awesome.

I think it’s a solid double-album that can be condensed down into a truly great 12-14 track LP.

Yeah, I keep meaning to try and do exactly this, but I can't ever seem to get past the first few songs.

Time is a flat circle

viewtopic.php?p=1184247#p1184247

PostPosted: Mon December 16, 2019 2:56 am 
jeeeesus relax already

tragabigzanda wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
he was also very condescent of their music and the band when he left TWICE!! In his previous come back the reason was he was fucked up..now what?
Such a weird dude.

He went down an experimental music rabbit hole when he left this last time, turned his entire large LA home into a recording studio, tape machines in his living room, amps in the kitchen, etc... Plus all the yoga and wellness stuff. I think he was probably just burned out on making predictable pop music and touring. It happens. I've got no problem with him coming back if the music is great.

I dont care bout anything if the music is good. But John hasnt done a good song in a looong time.

PostPosted: Mon December 16, 2019 2:58 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

his guitar solos on Californication sounded like post-OD Syd Barrett

Spoiler: show
i.e. not good

PostPosted: Mon December 16, 2019 3:09 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I read about this on CNN. Neat-o.

PostPosted: Mon December 16, 2019 3:49 am 
10Club Complaint Department

96583UP wrote:
his guitar solos on Californication sounded like post-OD Syd Barrett

Spoiler: show
i.e. not good

PostPosted: Mon December 16, 2019 6:07 am 
AnalLog

Those stories & interviews from the 90s where he repeatedly justifies his heroin addiction are so gnarly. Don’t let your teeth rot out, kids! Glad he made it out alive.

PostPosted: Mon December 16, 2019 11:16 am 
Rank This Poster

I’m glad John is back. I was not a fan of the last ten years. Can’t believe it’s been ten years.

PostPosted: Mon December 16, 2019 4:25 pm 
Production Police

Kaius wrote:
Kaius wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Kaius wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Time is a flat circle

viewtopic.php?p=1184247#p1184247

How embarrassing! I’ve just assembled this playlist and will report back.

PostPosted: Mon December 16, 2019 5:01 pm 
AnalLog

Im curious how this has happened.

Maybe it wasn't working with Josh anymore, which seems a bit weird cause Josh has just released a solo record with help from the members. Or maybe he just quit to focus on other project. But that is a lot of money to walk away from.
The question is did they called John after things with Josh weren't working out. Or John just called in and Josh was out....

PostPosted: Mon December 16, 2019 5:27 pm 
AnalLog

Quote:
"In 2011, Frusciante married Nicole Turley, drummer and lead vocalist of the experimental band Swahili Blonde. On May 8, 2015 it was announced that Turley had filed for divorce.[118] On October 3, 2015, Turley announced that she was seeking $75,000 a month as part of their divorce settlement. According to court documents, Turley, who was already being paid $20,000 a month, needs a higher payment to maintain her quality of living. She claims her finances are down to only $30,000. Turley said that Frusciante was worth $14 million and she was entitled to more money saying that together the couple employed a team of personal assistants, and owned three homes and a private music studio.[119] A week later Frusciante responded to Turley's demands saying that he refuses to pay her any more money and that she is also seeking $2,600 a month for gifts and expenses for her adult brother. He also said he was done footing the bill for her musical career saying “I don’t know if you can call her recording efforts a hobby or a past-time … but it seems improper to characterize Nicole as a professional musician.”[120] On October 19, 2015, a judge ruled in favor of Turley saying Frusciante had to pay his former wife $53,000 a month. Frusciante was also forced to pay $71,000 for Turley's legal expenses.[121]"

Hmmmm...This could be one motivation to rejoin...

PostPosted: Mon December 16, 2019 5:31 pm 
Production Police

joostone wrote:
Quote:
"In 2011, Frusciante married Nicole Turley, drummer and lead vocalist of the experimental band Swahili Blonde. On May 8, 2015 it was announced that Turley had filed for divorce.[118] On October 3, 2015, Turley announced that she was seeking $75,000 a month as part of their divorce settlement. According to court documents, Turley, who was already being paid $20,000 a month, needs a higher payment to maintain her quality of living. She claims her finances are down to only $30,000. Turley said that Frusciante was worth $14 million and she was entitled to more money saying that together the couple employed a team of personal assistants, and owned three homes and a private music studio.[119] A week later Frusciante responded to Turley's demands saying that he refuses to pay her any more money and that she is also seeking $2,600 a month for gifts and expenses for her adult brother. He also said he was done footing the bill for her musical career saying “I don’t know if you can call her recording efforts a hobby or a past-time … but it seems improper to characterize Nicole as a professional musician.”[120] On October 19, 2015, a judge ruled in favor of Turley saying Frusciante had to pay his former wife $53,000 a month. Frusciante was also forced to pay $71,000 for Turley's legal expenses.[121]"

Hmmmm...This could be one motivation to rejoin...

Wow! Yes this seems relevant. I hope we don't get an entire album of Dani Californias.

PostPosted: Mon December 16, 2019 5:35 pm 
Gone

joostone wrote:
Im curious how this has happened.

Maybe it wasn't working with Josh anymore, which seems a bit weird cause Josh has just released a solo record with help from the members. Or maybe he just quit to focus on other project. But that is a lot of money to walk away from.
The question is did they called John after things with Josh weren't working out. Or John just called in and Josh was out....

It's because of money

PostPosted: Mon December 16, 2019 5:55 pm 
Production Police

Yeah I'm coming around to verb's view on this after that bit of news.

PostPosted: Mon December 16, 2019 6:06 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

I'm cautiously optimistic here. I want to be excited about this because I really love (to varying degrees) the Frusciante era work. But I don't know if RHCP can come together for a great album anymore, regardless of lineup. My ultimate hope here might just be a great tour, heavy on Frusciante era tunes.

PostPosted: Mon December 16, 2019 6:10 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

like i said before, John hasnt written anything good in years. Im guessing he is still very condescendent about the band....but he needs money. His solo career doesnt exist.

Flea is his buddy for sure but Anthony? I dunno.

PostPosted: Mon December 16, 2019 7:14 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Holy shit

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 96  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands