The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 986 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Sat August 22, 2020 12:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38291
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
Remember when we tried to talk you into a small amp?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Sat August 22, 2020 12:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43477
Location: Mountains
tragabigzanda wrote:
Remember when we tried to talk you into a small amp?

It doesnt get smaller than 5 watts!

Also, i will be turning this up with a band at some point.

Also, fuck you.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Sat August 22, 2020 12:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38291
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
Yuck why so sensitive


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Sat August 22, 2020 1:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43477
Location: Mountains
You dont call. You dont write. Then you come in here and shame me! i have feelings too, trag.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Sat August 22, 2020 1:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38291
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
Feels nice to be wanted


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Sat August 22, 2020 1:05 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43477
Location: Mountains
I also need a new couch


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Sun August 23, 2020 8:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43477
Location: Mountains
Just used this to clean my SG and strat:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... lsrc=aw.ds


Fantastic.

Like new baby! Now all i need to do is learn how to fix intonation issues. Maybe some day.

However, anyone know how to do a similar deep clean to the maple neck? Specifically the 52 tele reissue butter scotch blonde maple neck?

I usually just scrub with my fingernails and some cloth but i loved being able to apply thse cleaners to the strat and was wondering if there was something similar as the lemon oil apparently isn't safe.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Sun August 23, 2020 9:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Polluted
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:27 am
Posts: 8967
Location: PM me, I have everything.
Strat wrote:
Now all i need to do is learn how to fix intonation issues. Maybe some day.

This is a lot easier than you think it is. The saddle is just making the string longer or shorter. The same thing you do when you fret a note. Get open and 12th fret to be at the same pitch. Done.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Sun August 23, 2020 10:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43477
Location: Mountains
Self wrote:
Strat wrote:
Now all i need to do is learn how to fix intonation issues. Maybe some day.

This is a lot easier than you think it is. The saddle is just making the string longer or shorter. The same thing you do when you fret a note. Get open and 12th fret to be at the same pitch. Done.

Feels like its something htat needs to get setup everytime i get my guitar taken care of. Is that just by nature of the slow warping of a neck?

When does the truss rod come into play?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Sun August 23, 2020 10:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Polluted
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:27 am
Posts: 8967
Location: PM me, I have everything.
Wood changes with the weather. Listen to Joe Walsh. He'll tell you all you need to know.

Spoiler: show


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Sun August 23, 2020 11:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43477
Location: Mountains
Cant wait to watch that! have a record on now though...


Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 25, 2020 1:41 pm 
Offline
Quit posting, you postwhore!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:24 pm
Posts: 997
Strat wrote:
Thinking about getting this:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... attenuator

Gets fantastic reviews and sounds like it will do exactly what i need.

I absolutely love my Marshall SVC 20 but at 5 watts its still so fucking loud. I dont really ever get the chance to turn it up and enjoy those sweet spots.


Have you considered the Torpedo Captor? It's main function is as a reactive load box for silent recording or as a DI to FOH....but it does also have a -20db attenuator in it. It might check a couple of boxes for you.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TorpedoCap16--two-notes-torpedo-captor-reactive-loadbox-di-and-attenuator-16-ohm


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 25, 2020 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43477
Location: Mountains
mf wrote:
Strat wrote:
Thinking about getting this:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... attenuator

Gets fantastic reviews and sounds like it will do exactly what i need.

I absolutely love my Marshall SVC 20 but at 5 watts its still so fucking loud. I dont really ever get the chance to turn it up and enjoy those sweet spots.


Have you considered the Torpedo Captor? It's main function is as a reactive load box for silent recording or as a DI to FOH....but it does also have a -20db attenuator in it. It might check a couple of boxes for you.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TorpedoCap16--two-notes-torpedo-captor-reactive-loadbox-di-and-attenuator-16-ohm

oooh.

Looks like i have some decision making to do.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Wed August 26, 2020 1:12 pm 
Offline
Quit posting, you postwhore!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:24 pm
Posts: 997
Ha. i've been GASing over a captor for years now. I've got access to a ton of great amp sims, free and paid but there's just something so tempting about being able to record my actual amps that excites me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Mon August 31, 2020 5:28 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 30408
Location: the beach
this is a random gearhead thought....i spend a lot of time looking at real estate on line in different cities..pretty much since covid came along i see a lot of
guitars in the pictures on real estate sites...hanging on the wall or just on a couch..do you think people wanted to learn to play or just want pics to look cool and use them
as wall art?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Fri September 11, 2020 10:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Posts: 1915
doug rr wrote:
do you think people wanted to learn to play or just want pics to look cool and use them
as wall art?

Bit of both. Acoustics and semi-acoustics just look fantastic. Also maybe the potential buyer will think "yeah I've always wanted to learn guitar/develop a personality".


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Sun September 20, 2020 11:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Polluted
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:27 am
Posts: 8967
Location: PM me, I have everything.
I laughed.

Spoiler: show
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Mon September 21, 2020 12:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43477
Location: Mountains
lol. Yea that is a good one. WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THAT!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Mon September 21, 2020 12:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 13938
Get on the wound G train, guys.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Mon September 21, 2020 1:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 19024
doug rr wrote:
this is a random gearhead thought....i spend a lot of time looking at real estate on line in different cities..pretty much since covid came along i see a lot of
guitars in the pictures on real estate sites...hanging on the wall or just on a couch..do you think people wanted to learn to play or just want pics to look cool and use them
as wall art?


i think the bots know you check guitar sites and they upload a guitar on the wall there

when i go to the same listing, the bots put up pictures of donuts

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 986 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu September 24, 2020 10:32 am