The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 976 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Sun June 28, 2020 3:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43433
Location: Mountains
Ello Sailor wrote:
Possibly the tele? One of y'all should definitely get one of these:
Spoiler: show
Image

Want


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Sun June 28, 2020 4:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 13935
Eh, I'm not a fan of gold hardware, nor matching headstock finishes on Fenders.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Sun June 28, 2020 4:54 am 
Online
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Posts: 1886
Who would've guessed.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Sun June 28, 2020 5:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 14856
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
Would that be a “thin” tele?

_________________
PM me for tips on writing a great signature.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Sat July 04, 2020 11:09 am 
Online
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Posts: 1886
Yes we're still doing the black headstock thing, and yes this is my new dream bass. Maruszczyk out of Poland.
Spoiler: show
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Sat July 04, 2020 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar
for those who
are not...shall be
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 13522
Location: here
ha! czyk. that's me actually

_________________
Argo wrote:
Once when I was 7 or 8 my parents got in a fight at the library & told me they were going to get a divorce. I insisted on bringing this big stick home with us. They are still together & I have no idea where the stick is. Also I'm a librarian now


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Tue July 07, 2020 1:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38228
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
Aiming to have one within a year...



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Tue July 07, 2020 10:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
Major Dude
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 24049
Location: Where everybody knows your name
The most intimidating instrument I’ve ever faced.

_________________
Let me tell you, Homer Simpson is cock of nothing!
- C. Montgomery Burns


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Tue July 07, 2020 11:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38228
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
Have you played one before, wease?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Tue July 07, 2020 11:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 13935
That's awesome, trag!

Such a great sounding instrument.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 08, 2020 3:05 am 
Offline
User avatar
Major Dude
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 24049
Location: Where everybody knows your name
tragabigzanda wrote:
Have you played one before, wease?

I’ve tried. My uncle played. Not super great, but he could play it. The string work would’ve come with a lot of work (couldn’t totally wrap my head around the tuning) but then factor in all the pedals and it’s just over the top. I have serious respect for steel players. Same for the B3 players that can substitute their pedal work for a bass. I don’t care for that particular substitution, but it takes one talented motherfucker to do it and do it well.

_________________
Let me tell you, Homer Simpson is cock of nothing!
- C. Montgomery Burns


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Fri July 10, 2020 9:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Polluted
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:27 am
Posts: 8964
Location: PM me, I have everything.
I've had this Strat for almost 2 weeks now and I absolutely love it. I've been playing for a long time and have never owned one. Always a Gibson guy; coke vs pepsi and whatnot. Only now do I realize how stupid I have been. My Les Paul is almost a family member, but I haven't been able to put this thing down. Re-learning Hendrix songs has been the most fun, so far.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Fri July 10, 2020 9:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 64328
wease wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Have you played one before, wease?

I’ve tried. My uncle played. Not super great, but he could play it. The string work would’ve come with a lot of work (couldn’t totally wrap my head around the tuning) but then factor in all the pedals and it’s just over the top. I have serious respect for steel players. Same for the B3 players that can substitute their pedal work for a bass. I don’t care for that particular substitution, but it takes one talented motherfucker to do it and do it well.

Sorry trag

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Fri July 10, 2020 10:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Polluted
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:27 am
Posts: 8964
Location: PM me, I have everything.
Oh shi...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Sat July 11, 2020 3:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
Major Dude
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 24049
Location: Where everybody knows your name
Self wrote:
I've had this Strat for almost 2 weeks now and I absolutely love it. I've been playing for a long time and have never owned one. Always a Gibson guy; coke vs pepsi and whatnot. Only now do I realize how stupid I have been. My Les Paul is almost a family member, but I haven't been able to put this thing down. Re-learning Hendrix songs has been the most fun, so far.

Why is Hendrix the first thing us Gibson guys go to when we pick up a Strat?

_________________
Let me tell you, Homer Simpson is cock of nothing!
- C. Montgomery Burns


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Sat July 11, 2020 4:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu November 21, 2013 10:01 pm
Posts: 1976
wease wrote:
Self wrote:
I've had this Strat for almost 2 weeks now and I absolutely love it. I've been playing for a long time and have never owned one. Always a Gibson guy; coke vs pepsi and whatnot. Only now do I realize how stupid I have been. My Les Paul is almost a family member, but I haven't been able to put this thing down. Re-learning Hendrix songs has been the most fun, so far.

Why is Hendrix the first thing us Gibson guys go to when we pick up a Strat?


Because this.


And this.


And don't forget this.


And oh yeah this too.


Oops almost forgot...

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
I mean nothing says libertarian more than talking a lot of shit and then getting your ass kicked in an actual one on one...

Dev wrote:
Clutch rules you dummy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Fri July 24, 2020 10:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 08, 2013 10:23 pm
Posts: 2469
Any recs for a decent full drum set for 1200 or less?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Fri July 24, 2020 10:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 08, 2013 10:23 pm
Posts: 2469
Full meaning including a snare, hi hat, ride and preferably crash along with the basic toms and bass. Could probably bump it up to 1500.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Sat July 25, 2020 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Polluted
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:27 am
Posts: 8964
Location: PM me, I have everything.
Do you have brand in mind? There are a ton of options in that price range.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearhead Thread
PostPosted: Sat July 25, 2020 5:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 08, 2013 10:23 pm
Posts: 2469
Yeah I’ve been looking at the pearl export series, seems like a good basic starter set.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 976 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun September 20, 2020 6:54 am