Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

is this thread pretentious

yes
36%
yes
64%

Total votes : 11

Re: let's get CLASSICAL

Fri January 01, 2016 5:12 am

Tue May 24, 2016 1:31 pm

So it may be frowned upon, I don't know, but I'm really enjoying the "Mozart for Your Mind" album. I suppose it's akin to a "greatest hits" but it's a nice companion while working. These "for your mind" albums were big in the 90's when people thought classical music made you smarter. Maybe it does, I don't know but nonetheless, it's a nice collection of music to have on while working. Does anyone have any of these albums? I forgot how many of them there are, but I think there is one for pretty much all the biggies.

The album cover sure is very 90's:

Tue May 24, 2016 4:26 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:I'm listening to Wagner's Tristan und Isolde, and it's like, "Ohhh, so that's where John Williams got all his ideas for Star Wars."

John Williams is a notorious, um, "borrower", especially from Stravinsky, Schumann and Strauss.

Tue July 18, 2017 12:23 pm

LISTENING TO THIS AS I CHANGE THE CAT LITTER

Tue July 18, 2017 12:58 pm

Stunning composition. Worked so well in Fearless.

Wed July 19, 2017 2:02 am

theplatypus wrote:LISTENING TO THIS AS I CHANGE THE CAT LITTER

That is good cat litter changing music, for sure.

Speaking of which, I got sick of our cat kicking it's litter all over the place, so I bought one of these toy dumpsters:

And cut a 20cm round hole in the side and now use that our custom-built kitty crap dumpster. She loves it, it keeps everything tidy and contained, and is easy as to empty (tip straight into bin) and clean (wash out with hose). One of my best ever creations.

Classic.

Wed July 19, 2017 3:06 am

Or you could have bought one specifically made for cats

Wed July 19, 2017 1:44 pm

The joy of the DIY!

And mine is soooo much better.

Mon February 05, 2018 6:42 pm

Listen to the Bach Cello Suite now, it's so good, especially while working / rming.

Tue February 06, 2018 1:25 am

what does that have to do with cat litter

Tue February 06, 2018 1:31 am

oh i hopes its from rostropovich..soo good

Thu September 20, 2018 10:26 am

Been listening to nothing but Satie's Gymnopédies this morning, which technically qualify as "modern" music (and thus within the general blanket of "Western classical music") or minimalism, but also feel very jazzy at times, and were a big influence on ambient

Here are some versions performed by Håkon Austbø, whose name I definitely didn't have to copy-paste from the Youtube description

Thu September 20, 2018 10:36 am

theplatypus wrote:Been listening to nothing but Satie's Gymnopédies this morning, which technically qualify as "modern" music (and thus within the general blanket of "Western classical music") or minimalism, but also feel very jazzy at times, and were a big influence on ambient

Here are some versions performed by Håkon Austbø, whose name I definitely didn't have to copy-paste from the Youtube description

That's a beautiful piece of music, for sure. We had it at some stage during our wedding if I recall. I'll give the Nordic dude's versions a listen now.

Tue November 06, 2018 4:03 am

Adam Neely with a succinct and thoughtful analysis of the opening chords to the Satie piece posted above

Thu November 29, 2018 12:32 am

This is gorgeous stuff

Fri July 10, 2020 6:54 pm

revisited some bach and mozart this morning. so good. it's really nice to listen while working, puts me in a good focus.

Mozart

Mon December 14, 2020 12:57 am

This song can make you cry (if you wanted to cry to it)

Re: Mozart

Mon December 14, 2020 6:10 pm

This one brings me to tears. It's called 'Lick me in the arse'. Stunning.

Mon December 14, 2020 6:52 pm

Ello Sailor wrote:This one brings me to tears. It's called 'Lick me in the arse'. Stunning.

I'm crying too :haha: :haha:

Sat December 19, 2020 9:42 am

Classical music on the radio is the way to go these days. Beats the hell out of the news cycle.

Anyway, here's a reworking of Leck mich im Arsch you probably won't hear on classical radio.
Post a reply