The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pixies
PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2024 3:30 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Don't listen to these hysterical lunatics, birds. They doth protest too much.

Burt....you wouldnt want to bus/tour/create with maga/antifa the same. Anyone that fucking psycho about their beliefs is your enemy so shut up

I doubt she was screaming her opinions on the bus. More than likely they just don't want to look bad in front of their libtard friends, so they have to show that they are loyal to the party forever and always.

I mean, what would Eddie Vedder think!

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2024 3:31 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Happy Trees wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

It's that supposed to be scary?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2024 3:33 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Burt is just doing his 14-year-old-on-4chan bit. He'll get bored and take a nap soon.

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2024 3:34 am 

Yeah, I'm the one acting like a 14 year old.

PSYCHOPATHS! MANSON FAMILY! DOGS AND CATS LIVING TOGETHER! MASS HYSTERIA!

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Tue March 05, 2024 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2024 3:35 am 
Posting (live)

Scene: Back stage at Hyde Park 2022
Ed: <turns to Black Francis> We had that situation in 94. Waffles.
BF: What?
ED: Get Joey to do it.

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2024 3:44 am 
Broken Tamborine

BurtReynolds wrote:
Happy Trees wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

It's that supposed to be scary?

No.

It's supposed to show how you are a moron who cannot recognize irony, and a gaslighting troll.

And it worked.

Not that anyone needs my help though.

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2024 3:45 am 

Are you saying that you're a gaslighting troll?

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2024 3:47 am 

Good call adding the comma.

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2024 3:49 am 
Broken Tamborine

Imagine being in a working band situation with someone like Burt.

Replacing him with someone far less annoying would clearly be a PR move.

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2024 3:50 am 

I'd be great as a band member.

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2024 4:01 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

It's really hard to know just what happened, I'm sure Paz wasn't the easiest person to work with, but the way Pixies dealt with Kim Shattuck really soured me on them.

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2024 4:07 am 

Sounds like kind of an Eddie Van Halen thing going on with Frances, though I hear Deal was also difficult to work with.

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2024 4:07 am 
The Master

Burt never disappoints. Thats for sure.

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2024 4:14 am 

Strat wrote:

What happened to your blind optimism?

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2024 4:15 am 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
Strat wrote:

What happened to your blind optimism?

Blind optimism is as bad as cynicism.

Time to grow up, idiots

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2024 4:21 am 
Future Drummer

BurtReynolds wrote:

god, this still pisses me off.

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2024 8:33 am 
10Club Complaint Department

Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
I’m sure the band kicked her out.

Sounds like they did:

Quote:
In an e-mail to Rolling Stone, Lenchantin made clear the decision was not her own: “It has been a dream of dreams these past 10 years to have been accepted as a Pixie by the band and by fans and an honor to have contributed to the Pixies legacy. My departure is a bit of a surprise to me as it is to many, but it looks like they have a solid plan figured out which in turn has pushed me to move onwards onto new projects that I am excited about.”

I don't know, if they kicked her out for being a bit MAGA/right-wing, that's kind of a bummer.

I know you are a little more conservative than many of us here but you have no idea what MAGA actually means here in the US. PSYCHOPATHS

I am a little conservative but not in the Trump sense, or even in the right-wing (or Republican) sense.

That said, Trump is massively popular with broad swathes of the public and will very likely be President again soon. Isn't that something you need to reckon with, to reflect on? You can't just dismiss that as a bunch of wingnut psychopaths, it's literally your neighbours and colleagues, many of whom probably genuinely think he's the lesser of two evils.

If there's any pathway forward, I think you need to try to understand why Trump is appealing to so many people who feel abandoned by what used to be mainstream politics. It can't all be ignorance, hatred and resentment. I'm sure there's plenty of that, but that can't be the whole thing at that scale. People know what they're getting into, particularly after the last Trump presidency, and they want it again and more.

In any event, some people do unfortunately go off the deep end. Maybe Paz fell into that category, I don't know.

You're also right that I'm not local and maybe I'd feel differently (and less detached) if it was shoved in my face every day.

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2024 11:44 am 
jeeeesus relax already

RM will be impossible this year right

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2024 2:32 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
I’m sure the band kicked her out.

Sounds like they did:

Quote:
In an e-mail to Rolling Stone, Lenchantin made clear the decision was not her own: “It has been a dream of dreams these past 10 years to have been accepted as a Pixie by the band and by fans and an honor to have contributed to the Pixies legacy. My departure is a bit of a surprise to me as it is to many, but it looks like they have a solid plan figured out which in turn has pushed me to move onwards onto new projects that I am excited about.”

I don't know, if they kicked her out for being a bit MAGA/right-wing, that's kind of a bummer.

I know you are a little more conservative than many of us here but you have no idea what MAGA actually means here in the US. PSYCHOPATHS

I am a little conservative but not in the Trump sense, or even in the right-wing (or Republican) sense.

That said, Trump is massively popular with broad swathes of the public and will very likely be President again soon. Isn't that something you need to reckon with, to reflect on? You can't just dismiss that as a bunch of wingnut psychopaths, it's literally your neighbours and colleagues, many of whom probably genuinely think he's the lesser of two evils.

If there's any pathway forward, I think you need to try to understand why Trump is appealing to so many people who feel abandoned by what used to be mainstream politics. It can't all be ignorance, hatred and resentment. I'm sure there's plenty of that, but that can't be the whole thing at that scale. People know what they're getting into, particularly after the last Trump presidency, and they want it again and more.

In any event, some people do unfortunately go off the deep end. Maybe Paz fell into that category, I don't know.

You're also right that I'm not local and maybe I'd feel differently (and less detached) if it was shoved in my face every day.

This article gives some important statistical support to what Strat is talking about

https://www.prri.org/press-release/new-prri-report-reveals-nearly-one-in-five-americans-and-one-in-four-republicans-still-believe-in-qanon-conspiracy-theories/

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2024 2:54 pm 

that's not actually what he's talking about.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands