Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: The Stone Temple Pilots Thread

Sat November 18, 2017 1:22 am

yeah that song sounds like it was written by a consulting firm

Sat November 18, 2017 3:33 am

Geezes that is awful. Also just heard some of the show from the other night on the LIthium station.

He sounds like a bad scott weiland impersonator. He sounds enough like him where its obvious he would do very well in a tribute band. Alas....he got the ultimate tribute band gig.

Sat November 18, 2017 4:11 am

How great was Scott? Jesus! So under-appreciated. His catalog of work is impressive, especially considering how f-ed up he was during most of it.

Sat November 18, 2017 5:09 am

Scott is one of my favorite ever.

Sun November 19, 2017 6:19 pm

Scott was an amazing talent. His body of work outside STP is impressive too.

I like this song, but im thinking they wont get more interesting than this. Im guessing it will be a safe album full of this classic stp riffs.

Sun November 19, 2017 7:09 pm

VinylGuy wrote:Scott was an amazing talent. His body of work outside STP is impressive too.

I like this song, but im thinking they wont get more interesting than this. Im guessing it will be a safe album full of this classic stp riffs.

That’s pretty much what the last STP album is/was.

Sun November 19, 2017 7:28 pm

Still haven't made it too far into that 2010 album. I do like Huckleberry Crumble, though.

Sun November 19, 2017 7:34 pm

washing machine wrote:Still haven't made it too far into that 2010 album. I do like Huckleberry Crumble, though.

There are a few pretty darn good songs on that album but nothing that is as good as STPs best work.

Sun November 19, 2017 9:03 pm

PHATJ wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:Scott was an amazing talent. His body of work outside STP is impressive too.

There was a melodic pop sound that i dug. It sounded different. I guess that was Scott approach.

Mon November 20, 2017 5:06 am

I think I should really get into STP.

Mon November 20, 2017 3:19 pm

Leatherhead wrote:I think I should really get into STP.

You should.

Mon November 20, 2017 3:26 pm

VinylGuy wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

There was a melodic pop sound that i dug. It sounded different. I guess that was Scott approach.

First Kiss On Mars

Mon November 20, 2017 9:56 pm

Mon November 20, 2017 11:52 pm

Wow, that's really uncanny how much he sounds like Scott. But he doesn't move so it's like a cover band.

Mon November 20, 2017 11:58 pm

I liked those two clips. They are good...Still Remains sounds spot on. If they are a real band and make interesting music, well we will have to wait for the new album.

Tue November 21, 2017 12:24 am

God damn! Still Remains sounds just like Scott!

Tue November 21, 2017 7:05 am

Not “just like Scott” but close. Close enough to sound really good. I’m just happy to see the DeLeo’s and Kretz playing again. I Love the music these guys have written and I’m hopeful that the new music will be interesting and cool. It will always feel weird with Scott gone, but the new guy deserves a fair shot. Hopefully the performances can somehow be uniquely STP and still authentically Jeff. And hopefully he can sing his ass off.

Tue November 21, 2017 2:18 pm

Yeah, the right thing to do is concentrate in the new music. If they are relaying only in the hits, well im not interested then. But if the new music is good, and the setlists are changing, they play deep cuts...then im in.

Tue November 21, 2017 2:53 pm

I find myself wishing they didn't go with someone who sounds so much like Scott.

Tue November 21, 2017 3:34 pm

VinylGuy wrote:Yeah, the right thing to do is concentrate in the new music. If they are relaying only in the hits, well im not interested then. But if the new music is good, and the setlists are changing, they play deep cuts...then im in.

Agreed. I'm actually liking Meadow the more I listen to it.
Post a reply