The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 97  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Stone Temple Pilots Thread
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:32 pm 
Broken Tamborine

MattA75 wrote:
bada wrote:
Poor Weiland. He's a much better singer than this Chester cat but Linkin Park was a pretty huge band for some reason and I could see this working out pretty well. New song is by the numbers....cool solo though. Weiland's gonna really have to kiss Slash's ass now.

Slash wants nothing to do with him, and why would he? Him and Myles do just fine together, and without all the drama and BS that would come along with Weiland.

B/c Slash is an awful songwriter on his own. His solo ventures are about as boring as it gets.

Slash loves being the star of the show so I don't see VR getting Weiland back, but he needs other people around to push him to make it sound at least a little unique or actually good.

Chester is a poor choice to replace Weiland, and that's all that really needs to be said.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:26 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

weird weird....their website is up there with photos, tour dates...really weird...the new song is ok, Chester is trying his best to copy Scott..im sure the tour will be good too.

Still, that band belongs to Weiland.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:30 pm 
AnalLog

Oh, Jimmy wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
bada wrote:
Poor Weiland. He's a much better singer than this Chester cat but Linkin Park was a pretty huge band for some reason and I could see this working out pretty well. New song is by the numbers....cool solo though. Weiland's gonna really have to kiss Slash's ass now.

Slash wants nothing to do with him, and why would he? Him and Myles do just fine together, and without all the drama and BS that would come along with Weiland.

B/c Slash is an awful songwriter on his own. His solo ventures are about as boring as it gets.

Slash loves being the star of the show so I don't see VR getting Weiland back, but he needs other people around to push him to make it sound at least a little unique or actually good.

Chester is a poor choice to replace Weiland, and that's all that really needs to be said.

I love the full album Slash did with Myles...it's not groundbreaking but it's fun, which is really all I want out of someone like Slash

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:56 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Actually the new song is pretty nice.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:41 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

MattA75 wrote:
Oh, Jimmy wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
bada wrote:

I love the full album Slash did with Myles...it's not groundbreaking but it's fun, which is really all I want out of someone like Slash

Myles is the go to guy for bands with pain the ass lead singers. He can do passable versions of other people's songs and I imagine is a nice guy who gets along and is happy to be there and get paid. If Slash is happy just touring then Myles is the guy for sure. If he wants to have a big album and some songs on the radio he needs Scott and Scott needs him cause that Chester hire was a major get and power play for the other guys in STP. Chester is no Scott but he is bringing a huge audience with him. They might get a lot of traction out of this pairing.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:06 pm 
AnalLog

bada wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
Oh, Jimmy wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
bada wrote:

Myles is the go to guy for bands with pain the ass lead singers. He can do passable versions of other people's songs and I imagine is a nice guy who gets along and is happy to be there and get paid. If Slash is happy just touring then Myles is the guy for sure. If he wants to have a big album and some songs on the radio he needs Scott and Scott needs him cause that Chester hire was a major get and power play for the other guys in STP. Chester is no Scott but he is bringing a huge audience with him. They might get a lot of traction out of this pairing.

Slash's songs do just fine on the radio with Myles, Myles is one of the best voices in rock today and he and Slash work well together

as for Chester with STP, I picture a lot of people having the same opinion I do of this pairing... :facepalm: :throwup: :z:

Chester has always sounded like Beavis, and on this new song, he sounds more like Beavis than ever before

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:15 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

MattA75 wrote:
bada wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
Oh, Jimmy wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
bada wrote:

Slash's songs do just fine on the radio with Myles, Myles is one of the best voices in rock today and he and Slash work well together

as for Chester with STP, I picture a lot of people having the same opinion I do of this pairing... :facepalm: :throwup: :z:

Chester has always sounded like Beavis, and on this new song, he sounds more like Beavis than ever before

to be honest i haven listened to a single Slash song, they are pretty much the same.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:26 pm 
Broken Tamborine

MattA75 wrote:

I've never heard a Slash solo track on the radio. I'd imagine he gets some play on local station when his band is coming to town, but let's not act like it's getting the same push that Velvet Revolver would get.

I'm not excited about this schmuck fronting STP, but he does bring alot of fans that will pretty well blindly crank it at douche gatherings just b/c he's involved. If there's one thing I've learned in my years of trashing horrible music, it's that Linkin Park fanboys are really defensive when it comes to Chester, so I assume they'll be supportive. Look at the bright side, it'll probably the coolest shit they'll ever listen to.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:34 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Oh, Jimmy wrote:
MattA75 wrote:

I've never heard a Slash solo track on the radio. I'd imagine he gets some play on local station when his band is coming to town, but let's not act like it's getting the same push that Velvet Revolver would get.

I'm not excited about this schmuck fronting STP, but he does bring alot of fans that will pretty well blindly crank it at douche gatherings just b/c he's involved. If there's one thing I've learned in my years of trashing horrible music, it's that Linkin Park fanboys are really defensive when it comes to Chester, so I assume they'll be supportive. Look at the bright side, it'll probably the coolest shit they'll ever listen to.

True...and the fact the guys in STP have such a strong personality singing with them, i imagine they are pretty happy with it..they even have promo shots.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:35 pm 

VinylGuy wrote:
Oh, Jimmy wrote:
MattA75 wrote:

True...and the fact the guys in STP have such a strong personality singing with them, i imagine they are pretty happy with it..they even have promo shots.

Yeah for STP it's a win for the business side of things....not so much artistically. I could be wrong maybe they'll surprise us assuming they do an album and this isn't just a one off show and song. Is Linkin Park still together?

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:57 pm 
Gone

I don't think Linkin Park guy does a half bad job, actually. Aren't Weiland's pipes toast at this point anyway?

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:11 pm 
Gone

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:21 pm 

verb_to_trust wrote:
Aren't Weiland's pipes toast at this point anyway?

He sounds great when he's straight. He's just far past the age where he can sing on substances and pull it off. He never was a screamer his voice should hold up fine.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:53 pm 
Future Drummer

If you want a do a band with Chester, fine. But don't call it stp

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:59 pm 
Posting (live)

lowlight79 wrote:
If you want a do a band with Chester, fine. But don't call it stp

Too true. Audioslave were not RATM.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:06 am 
Technical Overlord

why not throw in the guy who raps as well, really sully the name. I'd be fine if they would change the name, but this seems wrong.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:19 am 
Gone

I don't know much about STP history, but if the Deleo Bros. came up with the name and then brought in Weiland when they started up then I can understand where they are coming from.

Anyone remember Talk Show before No 4? They handled it in a totally different way that time. That was a pretty horrible band name though. Maybe if someone came up with a halfway decent band name for them they would relinquish the STP moniker?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:23 am 
jeeeesus relax already

it is very weird...well see if its something else or just a some shows and a single. The website makes it very clear, this is Stone Temple Pilots....
i agree they should have a different name, in the other hand it could weird too to play the whole stp catalog with a different name.
i just cant understand why these guys and Weiland dont just get along fine...i mean , even if Scott is a mess he has been doing great shows and writing music...its weird.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:29 am 
Gone

Bring back Dave Coutts!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:33 am 

verb_to_trust wrote:

The Bros look absolutely in love when talking about Chester. Weiland must really be an ass.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 97  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands