The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Eagles of Death Metal
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:48 pm 
AnalLog

Hughes doubling down on previous comments, shows getting cancelled as a result:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/ ... aclan.html

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:52 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

swan wrote:
Hughes doubling down on previous comments, shows getting cancelled as a result:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/ ... aclan.html

They chose odd parts to be bolded in that interview.

Trump-supporting right-wing frontman

Canadian hipster provocateur Gavin McInnes

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:36 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Not bolded per se, just linked to a lot of other articles where he's lost his God damn mind.

PostPosted: Sun November 13, 2016 3:17 am 
The Master

Paris (AFP) - Members of Eagles of Death Metal, the US group who were playing when jihadists attacked Paris' Bataclan concert hall last year, were turned away from the venue's reopening show Saturday over controversial remarks by their lead singer.

"They came, I threw them out -- there are things you can't forgive," Bataclan co-director Jules Frutos told AFP, as Sting was wrapping up an emotional reopening show to mark a year since 90 people were massacred there during a gig by the Californian band.

Eagles frontman Jesse Hughes -- one of the two band members denied entry to the Sting concert -- caused dismay in France earlier this year by suggesting Muslim staff at the Bataclan were involved in the gun and suicide bomb attack there on November 13, 2015.

Before the concert Frutos said that he was sick of listening to Hughes' conspiracy theories.

"He makes these incredibly false declarations every two months. It is madness, accusing our security of being complicit with the terrorists... Enough. Zero. This has to stop," he added.

Hughes, a rare right-wing rocker and supporter of US president-elect Donald Trump, has also said without evidence that Muslims were celebrating outside during the venue during the siege.

The claims tarnished the band's image and enraged the Bataclan's managers, who strongly rejected the charges.

Invitations for EODM to play a number of French summer music festivals were also swiftly withdrawn.

Before he made the claims, Hughes told AFP that he wanted to be the first to play the Bataclan.

Hughes and his band have returned to Paris twice since the attack, to share the stage with U2 in December and to play the Olympia concert hall in February in front of many of the survivors.

The singer will be present outside the concert hall on Sunday for the unveiling of a plaque to the victims of the attack by French President Francois Hollande and Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo.

The Bataclan bloodbath was one of a series of gun and suicide bomb attacks across the French capital that night that left 130 people dead.

PostPosted: Sun November 13, 2016 5:56 pm 
Future Drummer

What an idiot.

PostPosted: Sun November 13, 2016 6:12 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Yeah, I was listening to the EODM albums while working in the yard last weekend and it reminded me that the music is really good, I just wish he wasn't so abrasive. He can have whatever opinions he wants but facts should inform those opinions.

PostPosted: Sun November 13, 2016 9:59 pm 
Future Drummer

bune wrote:
I just wish he wasn't so abrasive. He can have whatever opinions he wants but facts should inform those opinions.

Being abrasive is fine. Being stupid is a whole other matter.

PostPosted: Mon April 17, 2017 9:59 pm 
Broken Tamborine

LoathedVermin72 wrote:

Saw these guys open for Mastodon last night. Was wondering why he went out of his way to thank security - you don't see many bands do that.

PostPosted: Wed April 19, 2017 12:19 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

RussellManiac12 wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

Saw these guys open for Mastodon last night. Was wondering why he went out of his way to thank security - you don't see many bands do that.

How was the show? I'm seeing that tour in May with a bunch of pals

PostPosted: Wed April 19, 2017 10:34 pm 
Broken Tamborine

mf wrote:
RussellManiac12 wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

Was really impressed with how many Emperor Of Sand songs they played. They all sounded great, even the ones i'm pretty meh on. I could've done without any Hunter (at least they only played 1) or Once More Round The Sun , and more Crack The Skye. I didn't realize how unfamiliar I was with Once More Round The Sun - I didn't listen to it too much when it came out, and hadn't listened to it in a long time - I didn't recognize any of the songs they played from it. They only intro'd Ember City, so I had 2 question marks on my setlist for the others.

Performance was good, not great. Brent had technical difficulties at the beginning of Divinations, so they took a few minutes to sort them out and Brent told some really bad jokes. That guy is such a mess. Overall, the worst thing was the vocals. Not that they sounded all that bad, but they were so muffled and low in the mix. Brann is such an amazing drummer. He can make songs that sound pretty bland on record sound way better live.

Had never heard Eagles Of Death Metal, but was pretty impressed with their set. Russian Circles was really good, heavy instrumental prog - worth getting there early for.

Last edited by RussellManiac12 on Thu April 20, 2017 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu April 20, 2017 4:08 am 
The Master

Just got so pissed at you. Using all those song abbreviations made no sense to me then I realized you were talking about Mastadon and not EODM.

PostPosted: Thu April 20, 2017 2:27 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

U + Me.

Threw my hands up in frustration at the last paragraph when it was all explained.

PostPosted: Thu April 20, 2017 2:33 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

RussellManiac12 wrote:
mf wrote:
RussellManiac12 wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

Was really impressed with how many EOS songs they played. They all sounded great, even the ones i'm pretty meh on. I could've done without any Hunter (at least they only played 1) or OMRTS, and more CTS. I didn't realize how unfamiliar I was with OMRTS - I didn't listen to it too much when it came out, and hadn't listened to it in a long time - I didn't recognize any of the songs they played from it. They only intro'd Ember City, so I had 2 question marks on my setlist for the others.

Performance was good, not great. Brent had technical difficulties at the beginning of Divinations, so they took a few minutes to sort them out and Brent told some really bad jokes. That guy is such a mess. Overall, the worst thing was the vocals. Not that they sounded all that bad, but they were so muffled and low in the mix. Brann is such an amazing drummer. He can make songs that sound pretty bland on record sound way better live.

Had never heard EODM, but was pretty impressed with their set. Russian Circles was really good, heavy instrumental prog - worth getting there early for.

Nice. Last time i saw them they sounded kinda rough too. I've found they really struggle to replicate the vocals live that they did on the record. The music is always great but they don't always hit most of those high notes. Especially Brann. From the sounds of the new record it seems like he's really improved his vocals so hopefully they are better this time around.

I really love Russian Circles, and i think i'm most excited to see them live - i've heard it's pretty epic. This will probably be my 5th or 6th time seeing Mastodon but the 1st for a few of the guys i'm going with so they are pretty excited for that. And EODM should be fun as fuck. Haven't seen them yet either.

PostPosted: Thu April 20, 2017 10:59 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Strat wrote:
Just got so pissed at you. Using all those song abbreviations made no sense to me then I realized you were talking about Mastadon and not EODM.

Fixed it for you

PostPosted: Thu April 20, 2017 11:02 pm 
Broken Tamborine

mf wrote:
RussellManiac12 wrote:
mf wrote:
RussellManiac12 wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

Was really impressed with how many EOS songs they played. They all sounded great, even the ones i'm pretty meh on. I could've done without any Hunter (at least they only played 1) or OMRTS, and more CTS. I didn't realize how unfamiliar I was with OMRTS - I didn't listen to it too much when it came out, and hadn't listened to it in a long time - I didn't recognize any of the songs they played from it. They only intro'd Ember City, so I had 2 question marks on my setlist for the others.

Had never heard EODM, but was pretty impressed with their set. Russian Circles was really good, heavy instrumental prog - worth getting there early for.

Nice. Last time i saw them they sounded kinda rough too. I've found they really struggle to replicate the vocals live that they did on the record. The music is always great but they don't always hit most of those high notes. Especially Brann. From the sounds of the new record it seems like he's really improved his vocals so hopefully they are better this time around.

I really love Russian Circles, and i think i'm most excited to see them live - i've heard it's pretty epic. This will probably be my 5th or 6th time seeing Mastodon but the 1st for a few of the guys i'm going with so they are pretty excited for that. And EODM should be fun as fuck. Haven't seen them yet either.

I love Brann's vocals.

Fun is the perfect way to describe Eagles of Death Metal.

I saw Russian Circles open for Between the Buried And Me/Coheed & Cambria a few years ago and they were excellent - I checked them out a little after that but not as much as I should have.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:54 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Saw that Mastodon, EODM and Russian Circles show in Portland on tuesday. What a great fucking time. Russian Circles were fantastic, i'm so glad i got to see them. The drum sound was unreal. I could tell they won over a LOT of people in that crowd. Mastodon was excellent as always and all the guys were on point vocally - though i will agree that the vocals were too low in the live mix I was sitting in the balcony where they should have been clear as day but all 3 guys were buried. Despite that the whole set was excellent. Not much interaction with the crowd though, just a 20 song ripper of a set.

EoDM though, holy crap i enjoyed them even more than I thought I would. Those guys really know how to put on a great rock and roll show.

PostPosted: Sat September 23, 2023 9:19 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

The new commercial that plays “Wannabe in LA” ran over and over again on my TV thanks to a technical glitch and now I’m a fan of the band. The music gods will find you my friends.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands