The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
 Post subject: Re: Wish You Were Here - The Pink Floyd + Solo Thread
PostPosted: Thu October 06, 2022 12:11 am 
Posting (live)

Man I enjoyed that Animals Remix.

PostPosted: Thu October 06, 2022 9:12 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

So Roger Waters is in camp Russia now?

PostPosted: Thu October 06, 2022 10:54 am 
Posting (live)

Is that the rolling stone interview? I haven’t heard it yet.

PostPosted: Thu October 06, 2022 11:34 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

I think he's been saying stupid things about the war for a while now. He was already declared persona non grata in Poland because of that.

PostPosted: Wed December 21, 2022 2:48 pm 
Rank This Poster

They randomly dropped a bunch of dark side era bootlegs on streaming platforms.. no sure the quality tho

PostPosted: Sun February 05, 2023 6:36 pm 
Future Drummer

"There is a teenage Ukrainian girl, Alina, with whom I exchanged long letters: “I hear you. I understand your pain.” She answered me, thanked me, but stressed, I‘m sure you’re wrong about one thing though, “I am 200% certain there are no Nazis in Ukraine.” I replied again, “I’m sorry Alina, but you are wrong about that. How can you live in Ukraine and not know?”"

- roger waters

https://rogerwaters.com/berliner/

he's also apparently recording a new version of dark side of the moon, “The new concept is meant to reflect on the meaning of the work, to bring out the heart and soul of the album,” he says, “musically and spiritually. I’m the only one singing my songs on these new recordings, and there are no rock and roll guitar solos.”

PostPosted: Sun February 05, 2023 7:31 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Waters really loves to milk that one and The Wall

PostPosted: Sun February 05, 2023 10:49 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

i got bugs wrote:
They randomly dropped a bunch of dark side era bootlegs on streaming platforms.. no sure the quality tho

I haven’t listened but this is the one album where I can’t even fathom listening to a single track of it then move on to something else. I am in it for 45 minutes or I’m just listening to something else.

PostPosted: Sun February 26, 2023 3:06 am 
Future Drummer

yeeshkul is shutting down on the 28th, so if you got any last minute downloads you want to grab now is the time, ratios be damned.

PostPosted: Mon April 03, 2023 8:18 pm 
Future Drummer

well this is a surprise- quite a bit of fan shot 8mm footage from the ivor wynne 75 show just surfaced

PostPosted: Fri June 30, 2023 7:24 pm 
Future Drummer

rick wright's solo album 'wet dream' has been remixed by steven wilson and is getting a cd/lp and bd w/atmos mix reissue in the next few weeks (lp/bd in september).

https://twitter.com/pinkfloyd/status/16 ... 9582110725

Quote:
Richard Wright’s debut solo album, ‘Wet Dream’, is to be reissued on vinyl for the first time since its original release in 1978, this time in deep blue transparent marbled. It will also be available on streaming platforms for the first time ever including a new Dolby Atmos mix, on CD and on blu-ray which includes a 5.1 mix and never before released personal images and videos from around this period of his life.

To be released on 28th July - the actual date of his 80th birthday - it will initially be made available on CD and all streaming platforms, with the vinyl and blu-ray editions of the record being released on 29th September. You can pre-order all formats from https://richardwright.lnk.to/wetdream.

Remixed by Steven Wilson, this reissue comes with brand new artwork, referencing the nautical theme of the record, that was commissioned and art-directed by Gala and Jamie Wright, Richard’s children and managers of his estate. The original artwork was designed by Storm Thorgerson and photographed by Aubrey Powell for Hipgnosis and features in the vinyl booklet.

"fun" fact - this cd was the very first thing i purchased from amazon.com waaay back in 1998.

PostPosted: Sat July 08, 2023 8:02 am 
Future Drummer

Third Man Records is excited to announce Vault Package #57, which showcases the solo recordings of Pink Floyd’s highly influential founding frontman, Syd Barrett. Individually out of print for almost ten years, and never previously available together on vinyl, Barrett’s solo works – The Madcap Laughs, Barrett, and Opel – are featured in this set on stunning 180-gram vinyl, pressed at Third Man Pressing in Detroit and packaged together in a custom slipcase with new exclusive artwork, an illustration by Greg? Ruth. As an added bonus that is sure to entice any Pink Floyd completist, the set includes a 7-inch single by David Gilmour covering two Barrett compositions, “Dark Globe'' and “Dominoes.” Sign up is open now and can be found using the link in bio! Order by midnight CST on July 31st to guarantee yourself a copy of this essential collection.

THIS PACKAGE INCLUDES: -ILLUSTRATED SLIPCASE by -GOLDEN HAIR COLORED VINYL -BABY LEMONADE COLORED VINYL -MILKY WAY OPAL COLORED VINYL -DAVID GILMOUR 7”

(Please note: Vinyl colors pictured are a visual approximation)

https://thirdmanrecords.com/

also,

https://www.sydbarrettfilm.com/theatres/

PostPosted: Sat July 08, 2023 1:36 pm 
Broken Tamborine

AndySlash wrote:

Third Man Records is excited to announce Vault Package #57, which showcases the solo recordings of Pink Floyd’s highly influential founding frontman, Syd Barrett. Individually out of print for almost ten years, and never previously available together on vinyl, Barrett’s solo works – The Madcap Laughs, Barrett, and Opel – are featured in this set on stunning 180-gram vinyl, pressed at Third Man Pressing in Detroit and packaged together in a custom slipcase with new exclusive artwork, an illustration by Greg?? Ruth. As an added bonus that is sure to entice any Pink Floyd completist, the set includes a 7-inch single by David Gilmour covering two Barrett compositions, “Dark Globe'' and “Dominoes.” Sign up is open now and can be found using the link in bio! Order by midnight CST on July 31st to guarantee yourself a copy of this essential collection./

Boooooooooooring.

How about the pile of Floyd/Barrett outtakes and alternate versions that still remain unreleased despite their claims that the "vaults have been emptied" (which people foolishly believe).

PostPosted: Sun July 09, 2023 5:05 pm 
Future Drummer

yet another surprise, perhaps the biggest that there could be, is that footage of montreal '77 has publicly surfaced and it includes the famous spitting incident, which the people doing/uploading restorations have determined occurred during money, and not pigs (3do) as has long been accepted (seemingly based on the anger roger expressed during pigs on the wing immediately before and fueling the '...come back, all is forgiven!' rant during pigs, with the account of wray ellis corroborating it). pretty amazing stuff and a literal grail for fans of pink floyd history.

https://ravinganddrooling.com/forum/gen ... 77-footage

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuEKeUcsLHU/

PostPosted: Fri July 21, 2023 10:18 pm 
Rank This Poster

Thank God we got a reworked version of an 80 year old RW singing money

PostPosted: Sat July 22, 2023 4:37 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Ladies And Gentlemen, William Shatner!

PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2023 3:58 pm 
Rank This Poster

The reworked us n them isn't terrible I guess.. not as good as the original obv, but not atrocious like the other reworked dsotm songs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands