The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Mudhoney Vanishing Point ( april 2nd)
PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 5:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14653
First single is out, classic Mudhoney...love it.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mudhoney Vanishing Point ( april 2nd)
PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 10:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17724
Location: Seattle, WA
Rocks.

Looking forward to this album so hard.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mudhoney Vanishing Point ( april 2nd)
PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 10:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17724
Location: Seattle, WA
tracklist and new album art:

1. Slipping Away
2. I Like it Small
3. What to Do with the Neutral
4. Chardonnay
5. The Final Course
6. In this Rubber Tomb
7. I Don't Remember You
8. The Only Son of the Widow from Nain
9. Sing this Song of Joy
10. Douchebags on Parade


Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mudhoney Vanishing Point ( april 2nd)
PostPosted: Wed January 16, 2013 2:08 am 
Offline
User avatar
Jeff's Infallible Pendulum
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 2:06 am
Posts: 2021
Location: Australia
VinylGuy wrote:
First single is out, classic Mudhoney...love it.



I'm into it.

_________________
Lament wrote:
Like I always say, "Anyone who thinks getting kicked in the nuts by one person sucks has never gotten kicked in the nuts by two people at the same time."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mudhoney Vanishing Point ( april 2nd)
PostPosted: Wed January 16, 2013 5:13 am 
Offline
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:06 pm
Posts: 6101
bodysnatcher wrote:
10. Douchebags on Parade


Sold.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mudhoney Vanishing Point ( april 2nd)
PostPosted: Wed January 16, 2013 1:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14653
i like the cover...really different from the previous ones.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mudhoney Vanishing Point ( april 2nd)
PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2013 9:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14653
this is amazing.


_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mudhoney Vanishing Point ( april 2nd)
PostPosted: Wed February 27, 2013 4:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14653
Best trailer of all times.


_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mudhoney Vanishing Point ( april 2nd)
PostPosted: Wed February 27, 2013 7:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17724
Location: Seattle, WA
VinylGuy wrote:
Best trailer of all times.



HA i know exactly where they are on the street.

I live in Mark's neighborhood.. I see him all the time at the grocery. Can't wait to listen to this and tell him I dig it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mudhoney Vanishing Point ( april 2nd)
PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2013 2:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14653
Anybody went to Easy street today?

Ill try to look for the record tomorrow morning.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mudhoney Vanishing Point ( april 2nd)
PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2013 5:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17724
Location: Seattle, WA
VinylGuy wrote:
Anybody went to Easy street today?

Ill try to look for the record tomorrow morning.


I tried to make it after work (it's like a mile from my house) but i was too late and it was at capacity


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mudhoney Vanishing Point ( april 2nd)
PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2013 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14653
bodysnatcher wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Anybody went to Easy street today?

Ill try to look for the record tomorrow morning.


I tried to make it after work (it's like a mile from my house) but i was too late and it was at capacity


Bummer. I would love to see these guys again soon....what about the new record?

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mudhoney Vanishing Point ( april 2nd)
PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2013 7:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17724
Location: Seattle, WA
VinylGuy wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Anybody went to Easy street today?

Ill try to look for the record tomorrow morning.


I tried to make it after work (it's like a mile from my house) but i was too late and it was at capacity


Bummer. I would love to see these guys again soon....what about the new record?


Gonna grab it today. But it's up on Spotify right now (if you get that in your country?)... have it queued up to listen to this afternoon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mudhoney Vanishing Point ( april 2nd)
PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2013 7:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14653
bodysnatcher wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Anybody went to Easy street today?

Ill try to look for the record tomorrow morning.


I tried to make it after work (it's like a mile from my house) but i was too late and it was at capacity


Bummer. I would love to see these guys again soon....what about the new record?


Gonna grab it today. But it's up on Spotify right now (if you get that in your country?)... have it queued up to listen to this afternoon


Just found it. Ill listen to it later.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mudhoney Vanishing Point ( april 2nd)
PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2013 9:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14653
just finished the first listen, its a good old rock and roll record, nothing new here...Mark sound amazing as always, but i think The Lucky Ones was better.

Still, new Mudhoney is always a treat.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mudhoney Vanishing Point ( april 2nd)
PostPosted: Sat April 13, 2013 9:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14653
just finished Head To The Curb...really nice.

Acetone is great.....

About the new record: i havent feel the need to listen to it after it came out...i didnt even bought it.

Weird.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mudhoney Vanishing Point ( april 2nd)
PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2013 2:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:47 pm
Posts: 1906
VinylGuy wrote:
just finished Head To The Curb...really nice.

Acetone is great......


Love that comp. I think forum member Chud made FLACS. So if you need em for the ipod or something, hit me up.

_________________
David Yow wrote:
How are Pearl Jam any different from Toto?


Have you considered stacking papers and getting paid?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mudhoney Vanishing Point ( april 2nd)
PostPosted: Sun June 23, 2013 12:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14653
Im still pretty much in love with Acetone from Head to the curb.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mudhoney Vanishing Point ( april 2nd)
PostPosted: Tue June 25, 2013 5:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14653
Just finished their documentary, Im Now- the story of Mudhoney.

Its great..what a great, sincere, talented and funny band. I cant think of another band like these guys who keeps making great music after all these years. It was nice to see Jeff & Stone, and some of the footage from 2005 from south america, with Matt too, to realize how weird must be for all of those guys to still be playing music together.

Mark Arm, such a funny and well articulate guy...i had the chance to talk to him a few years ago, and that guy is the real deal.

Great movie.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mudhoney Vanishing Point ( april 2nd)
PostPosted: Tue June 25, 2013 6:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:38 pm
Posts: 581
VinylGuy wrote:
Just finished their documentary, Im Now- the story of Mudhoney.

Its great..what a great, sincere, talented and funny band. I cant think of another band like these guys who keeps making great music after all these years. It was nice to see Jeff & Stone, and some of the footage from 2005 from south america, with Matt too, to realize how weird must be for all of those guys to still be playing music together.

Mark Arm, such a funny and well articulate guy...i had the chance to talk to him a few years ago, and that guy is the real deal.

Great movie.


Still have yet to hear this album and check it out the documentary. I never have time, but nice to hear good things. The last time I saw these guys was 1998 when Lukin was still around. Tomorrow Hit Today was their last album for me and its a badass record. Once Lukin left, it was never the same.

_________________
I might be able to get to an E-bow.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu September 20, 2018 5:10 pm