Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Cat Power

Thu June 06, 2013 6:12 pm

Saw her at FPSF last Sunday, and overall I was very happy with her set. Thing started off a little rocky, but by the time she hit "Cherokee," maybe four songs in, she didn't look back. She did a sort of soulful, rhythm-driven version of "I Don't Blame You." One of the best versions of that song I've heard. Her body language and demeanor didn't come close to matching the energy of the songs, though. I hope she's not drinking again. Some very odd behavior and between song banter happened throughout the set. And I wish that I'd been able to see her eyes.

Thu June 06, 2013 6:23 pm

Also worth noting that she went on directly after Mavis Staples on that stage. Hell of a way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Typically I stick to the hills farther from the stage and lay out a blanket, but I wanted to be as close to Chan Marshall as I could be, so I rushed to the front at the end of Mavis's set and ended up dancing next to the mayor of Houston while most of the audience cleared out to make it to Matt & Kim's set a stage over.

Fri October 11, 2013 5:12 pm

Just grabbed a few tickets to see her play a solo gig at a church in New Haven next month, fair plans for a Friday.

Fri October 11, 2013 5:13 pm

oasisfan35 wrote:Just grabbed a few tickets to see her play a solo gig at a church in New Haven next month, fair plans for a Friday.

Nice! Her show from this year here was amazing. Her voice was great and the new band is pretty cool.

Sat October 12, 2013 2:09 am

Rest of the tour

11/06 - Nashville, TN @ 3rd & Lindsley
11/07 - Atlanta, GA @ Center Stage Theatre
11/08 - Ponte Vedra Beach, FL @ Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
11/13 - Washington, DC @ Sixth & I Historic Synagogue
11/14 - Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Masonic Temple
11/15 - New Haven, CT @ Center Church On The Green (Meeting House)
11/16 - Philadelphia, PA @ Underground Arts
11/18 - Boston, MA @ Paradise Rock Club
11/20 - Cleveland, OH @ Grog Shop (early & late shows)
11/21 - Chicago, IL @ Old Town School Of Folk Music

Mon July 07, 2014 6:05 pm

So i finally like a Coldplay song...and of course, its because of Cat Power...

http://pitchfork.com/news/55802-cat-power-and-coldplay-share-wish-i-was-here/

Sun July 20, 2014 5:46 am

Jesus, this is great.

I'd really love to see Chan play again someday.

Sun July 20, 2014 9:09 pm

Hopefully she covers her pubes.

Good songs though.

Sun July 20, 2014 9:12 pm

VinylGuy wrote:So i finally like a Coldplay song...and of course, its because of Cat Power...

http://pitchfork.com/news/55802-cat-power-and-coldplay-share-wish-i-was-here/

The GF and I are going to see this movie this week. Love the new Bon Iver song on this soundtrack.

Thu November 12, 2015 10:57 pm

Birds in Hell wrote:Jesus, this is great.

I'd really love to see Chan play again someday.

This is happening! February next year.

Fri November 13, 2015 12:27 am

Yeah, I won't be missing her this time 'round.

Fri November 13, 2015 12:38 am

I haven't seen her play since 2000 in a solo show supporting The Covers Album, I've meant to catch another show on subsequent tours but it didn't happen for whatever reason.

It's a pretty tiny space she's playing here too, probably only 200 seats or so.

Fri November 13, 2015 12:43 am

That seems ideal. The room in Brisbane is probably a little larger.

Fri October 05, 2018 9:44 pm

New album's lovely.

Good to have Chan back.

Sat October 06, 2018 12:33 am

Is she still hot?

Sat October 06, 2018 1:39 am

Oh man. That is a great album! Just got done with listen 1. Very "You are free" but with less fat. Very concise and very great.

Sat October 06, 2018 1:48 am

Chan with Lana wasn't a pairing I was expecting, but their song together is great.

Sat October 06, 2018 1:49 am

run2death wrote:Chan with Lana wasn't a pairing I was expecting, but their song together is great.

When i heard this as the single i wasn't much of a fan but within context of the album its quite lovely and a strong standout.

Sat October 06, 2018 2:16 am

verb_to_trust wrote:Is she still hot?

very much.

Sat October 06, 2018 2:17 am

Strat wrote:
run2death wrote:Chan with Lana wasn't a pairing I was expecting, but their song together is great.

When i heard this as the single i wasn't much of a fan but within context of the album its quite lovely and a strong standout.

True. Its a better song.

Yeah, i agree that the new one sounds more like a mix between You Are Free and The Greatest.
Post a reply