Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Cat Power

Mon January 14, 2013 9:48 pm

Hey...I'm going to this incredibly sexy gal's show next week. Let's discuss her music.

Re: Cat Power

Sun January 27, 2013 1:08 am

Sun is one of the best i've heard from her.

Fri March 01, 2013 5:20 pm

I'm really excited about seeing Cat Power. What are the odds that she cancels? I'd be heartbroken.

Fri March 01, 2013 5:22 pm

Will you score a press pass for this?

Fri March 01, 2013 5:24 pm

I did last year, and I'm still publishing things for CultureMap, so I don't see why not. I never want to get my hopes up for these things, though.

Fri March 01, 2013 5:32 pm

This poor girl has always been such a fucking mess. She was pretty good when I saw her in Denver.

Sun March 03, 2013 4:50 am

Mon March 04, 2013 5:01 pm

Sun has had great staying power in my listening rotation. It makes me realize I should explore her entire catalog more thoroughly. Can we do some good ole fashioned album ranking here so I can see what the consensus is for best Cat Power albums?

Mon March 04, 2013 5:03 pm

surface the north wrote:Image

I'm really excited about seeing Cat Power. What are the odds that she cancels? I'd be heartbroken.

Laura will be there with the Postal Service!

Wed March 06, 2013 8:36 pm

Laura Burhenn? With...them? :?

Wed March 06, 2013 8:45 pm

surface the north wrote:Laura Burhenn? With...them? :?

She in they band for dis tour, du.

Wed March 06, 2013 8:46 pm

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'll give it a try, but historically, I've detested The Postal Service.

Wed March 06, 2013 8:51 pm

surface the north wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'll give it a try, but historically, I've detested The Postal Service.

Yeah, they're no Scott Weiland.

Wed March 06, 2013 9:01 pm

Detested.

Wed March 06, 2013 9:46 pm

southp wrote:Sun has had great staying power in my listening rotation. It makes me realize I should explore her entire catalog more thoroughly. Can we do some good ole fashioned album ranking here so I can see what the consensus is for best Cat Power albums?

To me it's You Are Free, Moon Pix, then The Greatest after getting into Sun. Haven't really visited her earlier work yet but I'd definitely check out You Are Free.

Wed March 06, 2013 10:56 pm

1. You Are Free
2. Moon Pix
3. Dear Sir
4. The Greatest
5. Sun
6. What Would the Community Think
7. Covers Record
8. Jukebox
9. Myra Lee

Thu April 11, 2013 8:01 pm

http://m.pitchfork.com/news/50250-watch ... s-holland/

Thu April 11, 2013 9:26 pm

Zantac Junkie wrote:http://m.pitchfork.com/news/50250-watch-cat-power-perform-new-song-bully-on-jools-holland/

Sounds nice....Sun is a great album. I might go to see her again, still cant decide...too many memories with her too.

Fri April 12, 2013 12:41 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
surface the north wrote:Image

Laura will be there with the Postal Service!

Fuck Cat Power and the Postal Service you sissies, go see the motherfuckin Geto Boys.

Fri May 24, 2013 3:00 pm

saw her yesterday for the third time....incredible. Her new band is really good, the songs from Sun sounded really good..and that voice....Cant have enough of her.
Post a reply