The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1061 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 54  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Tue December 25, 2018 6:32 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 7:55 pm
Posts: 1001
I would imagine it was the reverse. The book is $30 and tickets to Springsteen on Broadway were $400-$850 a piece face value. I don’t even want to know what they went for on the secondary market.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Tue December 25, 2018 11:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 19062
Location: Mizzou
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
You’re crazy. Studio TR is magnificent.


Yeah, it's an all timer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Wed December 26, 2018 1:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 18020
Location: Illinois
Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
You’re crazy. Studio TR is magnificent.


Yeah, it's an all timer.


Only guys in white sox and new balance feel this way.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Thu December 27, 2018 3:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 19062
Location: Mizzou
verb_to_trust wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
You’re crazy. Studio TR is magnificent.


Yeah, it's an all timer.


Only guys in white sox and new balance feel this way.


I don't own those things!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Thu December 27, 2018 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 42840
Location: Garbage Dump
I think I’ve cracked the perfect 1-disc The River tracklist:

1. The Ties That Bind
2. Hungry Heart
3. Sherry Darling
4. Two Hearts
5. Jackson Cage
6. Independence Day
7. Out in the Street
8. Cadillac Ranch
9. Take ‘Em as They Come
10. You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
11. Roulette
12. Point Blank
13. Ramrod
14. The River

_________________
Bammer wrote:
God dammit fuck you all you losers who keep going to see these stupid fucking superhero movies.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Thu December 27, 2018 7:16 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 7:55 pm
Posts: 1001
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I think I’ve cracked the perfect 1-disc The River tracklist:

1. The Ties That Bind
2. Hungry Heart
3. Sherry Darling
4. Two Hearts
5. Jackson Cage
6. Independence Day
7. Out in the Street
8. Cadillac Ranch
9. Take ‘Em as They Come
10. You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
11. Roulette
12. Point Blank
13. Ramrod
14. The River


You forgot Drive All Night.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Thu December 27, 2018 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 42840
Location: Garbage Dump
No I didn’t

_________________
Bammer wrote:
God dammit fuck you all you losers who keep going to see these stupid fucking superhero movies.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Thu December 27, 2018 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 13500
Location: Space City
What an edgelord.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Thu December 27, 2018 7:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 42840
Location: Garbage Dump
Uh.... :|

_________________
Bammer wrote:
God dammit fuck you all you losers who keep going to see these stupid fucking superhero movies.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Thu December 27, 2018 7:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 42840
Location: Garbage Dump
Just tried listening to DAN again. Total snoozefest. Didn’t make it 40 seconds in. I made the right call.

_________________
Bammer wrote:
God dammit fuck you all you losers who keep going to see these stupid fucking superhero movies.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Fri December 28, 2018 7:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 10:39 am
Posts: 465
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Further in and I gotta say I am not liking this. “Thunder Road” and “The Promised Land” - two of his best, most powerful songs - were almost comically terrible. Why is he doing this awful spoken word singing where he seems to be randomly rearranging the rhythm and pace and cadence of every line? Just awful.


It's the 'twang.' His voice changed starting from probably around the 90s where he puts on this southern drawl, often speak-singing instead of actually singing. It's gotten better in the last decade or so but he occasionally lapses back into it, as shown on the Broadway show.

Just compare 'My Father's House' and 'Thunder Road' from the Broadway show and he sounds like a completely different singer.

He can sing properly when he wants to - his voice is in fantastic shape. It's just a weird stylistic choice he's made. Guess he just wants to sound like Dylan or something.

_________________
"A man who doesn't spend time with the Jamily can never be a real man," - Don Corelone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Mon December 31, 2018 10:49 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 7:55 pm
Posts: 1001
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Just tried listening to DAN again. Total snoozefest. Didn’t make it 40 seconds in. I made the right call.


Oh I enjoy that song. It builds nicely over those 8 minutes. It’s not my favorite Springsteen song ever but it serves a good purpose on the album. It was a highlight when I saw them on the River tour a few years ago.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Mon December 31, 2018 11:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 42840
Location: Garbage Dump
liebzz wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Just tried listening to DAN again. Total snoozefest. Didn’t make it 40 seconds in. I made the right call.


Oh I enjoy that song. It builds nicely over those 8 minutes. It’s not my favorite Springsteen song ever but it serves a good purpose on the album. It was a highlight when I saw them on the River tour a few years ago.

IT'S EIGHT MINUTES LONG?!?!?!?!!? JESUS CHRIST!!!!!

_________________
Bammer wrote:
God dammit fuck you all you losers who keep going to see these stupid fucking superhero movies.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Tue January 01, 2019 12:51 am 
Online
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 38410
Location: Mountains
The Glen Hansard and Eddie collaboration on that song is fucking beautiful.

What a great song.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Tue January 01, 2019 4:18 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 7:55 pm
Posts: 1001
Strat wrote:
The Glen Hansard and Eddie collaboration on that song is fucking beautiful.

What a great song.


Actually never heard that but it would be quite interesting.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Tue January 01, 2019 4:19 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 7:55 pm
Posts: 1001
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
liebzz wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Just tried listening to DAN again. Total snoozefest. Didn’t make it 40 seconds in. I made the right call.


Oh I enjoy that song. It builds nicely over those 8 minutes. It’s not my favorite Springsteen song ever but it serves a good purpose on the album. It was a highlight when I saw them on the River tour a few years ago.

IT'S EIGHT MINUTES LONG?!?!?!?!!? JESUS CHRIST!!!!!


Double post - yes, with like a 3 minute Clarence Clemons sax solo that is pretty sappy but fits the song perfectly.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Tue January 01, 2019 4:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 26388
This Drive all night > every other drive all night. Its E street rockin at their finest
All time gig highlight personally.



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Tue January 01, 2019 4:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 42840
Location: Garbage Dump
I wonder if dime has ever listened to a song that didn’t have glen hansard on it

_________________
Bammer wrote:
God dammit fuck you all you losers who keep going to see these stupid fucking superhero movies.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Tue January 01, 2019 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 26388
I don’t listen to him at all. Well he gave me his new one and it’s like nothing I’ve ever heard by anyone it’s bonkers but brilliant.

Your snide game is slipping


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Tue January 01, 2019 4:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 42840
Location: Garbage Dump
glen hansard is to dime what jordan peterson is to tree

_________________
Bammer wrote:
God dammit fuck you all you losers who keep going to see these stupid fucking superhero movies.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1061 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 54  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], somejustinguy and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed June 19, 2019 10:07 pm