The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1647 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sat January 02, 2021 1:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 44821
Location: Mountains
evenslow wrote:
Guys I'm sorry I'm a thousand years late on this one cuz I'm a top grade asshole.

This shit is really solid. I like it a lot actually, as far as re-listen-ability. It doesn't have a lot of true heights but like every song is 3 out of 4. Rockin' and rollin' with the E Street - a kind of mix between Magic and Western Stars. I'll absolutely take it, especially Letter To You and Burnin' Train and The Power of Prayer and House of a Thousand Guitars. Good shit man!

Do yo hate "if i were a priest" ?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sat January 02, 2021 2:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 8912
Location: unnamed mental hospital
Strat wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Guys I'm sorry I'm a thousand years late on this one cuz I'm a top grade asshole.

This shit is really solid. I like it a lot actually, as far as re-listen-ability. It doesn't have a lot of true heights but like every song is 3 out of 4. Rockin' and rollin' with the E Street - a kind of mix between Magic and Western Stars. I'll absolutely take it, especially Letter To You and Burnin' Train and The Power of Prayer and House of a Thousand Guitars. Good shit man!

Do yo hate "if i were a priest" ?

What's the opposite of does the pope shit in the woods? Is Bruce Springsteen from fucking Freehold, New Jersey??

He's singing like Hamilton Leithauser at age 70, of course I dig it.

Major key rock and roll, my brutha.

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sat January 02, 2021 2:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 44821
Location: Mountains
evenslow wrote:
Strat wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Guys I'm sorry I'm a thousand years late on this one cuz I'm a top grade asshole.

This shit is really solid. I like it a lot actually, as far as re-listen-ability. It doesn't have a lot of true heights but like every song is 3 out of 4. Rockin' and rollin' with the E Street - a kind of mix between Magic and Western Stars. I'll absolutely take it, especially Letter To You and Burnin' Train and The Power of Prayer and House of a Thousand Guitars. Good shit man!

Do yo hate "if i were a priest" ?

What's the opposite of does the pope shit in the woods? Is Bruce Springsteen from fucking Freehold, New Jersey??

He's singing like Hamilton Leithauser at age 70, of course I dig it.

Major key rock and roll, my brutha.

Well you didnt single it out so i was a little concerned....


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sat January 02, 2021 2:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 8912
Location: unnamed mental hospital
Strat wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Strat wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Guys I'm sorry I'm a thousand years late on this one cuz I'm a top grade asshole.

This shit is really solid. I like it a lot actually, as far as re-listen-ability. It doesn't have a lot of true heights but like every song is 3 out of 4. Rockin' and rollin' with the E Street - a kind of mix between Magic and Western Stars. I'll absolutely take it, especially Letter To You and Burnin' Train and The Power of Prayer and House of a Thousand Guitars. Good shit man!

Do yo hate "if i were a priest" ?

What's the opposite of does the pope shit in the woods? Is Bruce Springsteen from fucking Freehold, New Jersey??

He's singing like Hamilton Leithauser at age 70, of course I dig it.

Major key rock and roll, my brutha.

Well you didnt single it out so i was a little concerned....

Spoiler: show
Image

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sat January 02, 2021 2:51 am 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 22987
Location: Scooby Doo
Last Man Standing, Power of Prayer, House 1000 guitars and Ghosts are awful songs.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sat January 02, 2021 2:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 44821
Location: Mountains
LetMeSleep wrote:
Last Man Standing, Power of Prayer, House 1000 guitars and Ghosts are awful songs.

Ghosts has grown on me.

Last man standing and power of prayer sound the same to me. House of 1,000 guitars is awful.

Otherwise this album is fucking great.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sat January 02, 2021 3:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 8912
Location: unnamed mental hospital
Strat wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:
Last Man Standing, Power of Prayer, House 1000 guitars and Ghosts are awful songs.

Ghosts has grown on me.

Last man standing and power of prayer sound the same to me. House of 1,000 guitars is awful.

Otherwise this album is fucking great.

I must live in a different universe cuz I like all that shit. Baby, that's the power of prayer.

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sat January 02, 2021 3:13 am 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 8912
Location: unnamed mental hospital
in my LETTER TO YOU

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sat January 02, 2021 5:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 8912
Location: unnamed mental hospital
LetMeSleep wrote:
Last Man Standing, Power of Prayer, House 1000 guitars and Ghosts are awful songs.

Power of Prayer and 1000 Guitars are genuine favorites of mine - surprised by this.

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sat January 02, 2021 6:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 8912
Location: unnamed mental hospital
This record reminds me of what a great songwriter he is. Even if the songs aren't top top notch, he still puts a certain amount of nuance and ear candy throughout. No one has done a standard rock song better than this guy. Even Ghosts - which is generic to be sure - I'm ready to clap along to it as it takes its turns. This dude knows what he's doing and you can feel it at each chord change.

Happy to have this.

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sat January 02, 2021 4:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 24937
Location: Mizzou
evenslow wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:
Last Man Standing, Power of Prayer, House 1000 guitars and Ghosts are awful songs.

Power of Prayer and 1000 Guitars are genuine favorites of mine - surprised by this.


I believe you are in the minority here.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sat January 02, 2021 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 8912
Location: unnamed mental hospital
Monkey_Driven wrote:
evenslow wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:
Last Man Standing, Power of Prayer, House 1000 guitars and Ghosts are awful songs.

Power of Prayer and 1000 Guitars are genuine favorites of mine - surprised by this.


I believe you are in the minority here.

If I have to be the one to stand up for the Boss in his time of need, so be it.

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sat January 02, 2021 7:22 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 22987
Location: Scooby Doo
Most reviews and podcasts I've heard discussing this album seem to be of the opinion that the stretch of Last Man Standing-Prayer-Guitars is the central thematic piece to the album and the strongest run. My neck aches from excessive head shaking.

note: I wanted to write My neck aches with disagreeance yet that word is from another century. I couldn't quite come up with the exact word so I'm now off to search weird synonym sites.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sat January 02, 2021 8:53 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 7:55 pm
Posts: 3033
I like 1,000 Guitars but not the other two.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sat January 02, 2021 10:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Sun January 06, 2013 4:25 am
Posts: 748
evenslow wrote:
This shit is really solid. I like it a lot actually, as far as re-listen-ability. It doesn't have a lot of true heights but like every song is 3 out of 4.


I would probably have The Power of Prayer lower than a 3 and If I Was The Priest higher than 4 but othewise yeah its a VERY solid album. Best E Street album since Magic.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Mon January 04, 2021 7:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 24937
Location: Mizzou
Thurman Murman wrote:
evenslow wrote:
This shit is really solid. I like it a lot actually, as far as re-listen-ability. It doesn't have a lot of true heights but like every song is 3 out of 4.


I would probably have The Power of Prayer lower than a 3 and If I Was The Priest higher than 4 but othewise yeah its a VERY solid album. Best E Street album since Magic.


That's not saying much, though I like Wrecking Ball more than most.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Mon January 04, 2021 8:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:06 pm
Posts: 7418
Wrecking Ball wasn't an E Street album, was it? Isn't Working on a Dream the only E Street album between Magic and this?

I like Working On a Dream better than this new one.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Mon January 04, 2021 11:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Sun January 06, 2013 4:25 am
Posts: 748
I thought Working On A Dream, Wrecking Ball and High Hopes were all E Street band records?

At any rate i like Letter to You better than those 3 albums.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Tue January 05, 2021 4:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 2025
Wrecking Ball wasn't a full E Street record, I believe there were some random contributions though. I really came around to that record with the tour that followed with fine E Street renditions. High Hopes was an E Street effort that I don't believe I will ever come around to.

_________________
absinthe makes the heart grow fonder...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Tue January 05, 2021 4:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 44821
Location: Mountains
oasisfan35 wrote:
Wrecking Ball wasn't a full E Street record, I believe there were some random contributions though. I really came around to that record with the tour that followed with fine E Street renditions. High Hopes was an E Street effort that I don't believe I will ever come around to.

High Hopes was a hodgepodge of previous recordings i believe. I dont think High hopes counts.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1647 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu February 25, 2021 9:59 pm