The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Mon June 15, 2020 8:55 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 7:55 pm
Posts: 2434
I mean it is because a good portion of the Springsteen fan base rejected those albums post-E Street breakup. The Carlin bio doesn’t go too far into it other than to say Bruce needed a different muse after so much time with the E Street Band, but I think he is cognizant that his material is generally stronger with E Street. There are, of course, exceptions.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Mon June 15, 2020 11:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 1895
liebzz wrote:
I mean it is because a good portion of the Springsteen fan base rejected those albums post-E Street breakup. The Carlin bio doesn’t go too far into it other than to say Bruce needed a different muse after so much time with the E Street Band, but I think he is cognizant that his material is generally stronger with E Street. There are, of course, exceptions.

:|

_________________
absinthe makes the heart grow fonder...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Mon June 15, 2020 11:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 22402
Location: Scooby Doo
The energy of Lucky Town is miles above Human Touch. I recently listened to both and HT is such a plod. It's really only Human Touch, Soul Driver and Real World that I'd care to ever hear.

Lucky Town is stronger, Side A particularly.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Tue June 16, 2020 8:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
known prankster
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 10:39 am
Posts: 643
:nice:


_________________
"A man who doesn't spend time with the Jamily can never be a real man," - Don Corelone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Wed June 17, 2020 5:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 1895
I was listening to the '90 Christic Institute Benefit and was taken aback with how much twang he sang with, thankfully he pared this down over the years.

_________________
absinthe makes the heart grow fonder...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Wed June 17, 2020 10:15 pm 
Offline
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:06 pm
Posts: 7101
oasisfan35 wrote:
I was listening to the '90 Christic Institute Benefit and was taken aback with how much twang he sang with, thankfully he pared this down over the years.


Yeah, I love solo Bruce and almost ordered this show, but when I listened to the samples I couldn't stand the twang. The 2005 Devils and Dust tour shows are where it's at.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Thu June 18, 2020 1:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 1895
Kevin Davis wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
I was listening to the '90 Christic Institute Benefit and was taken aback with how much twang he sang with, thankfully he pared this down over the years.


Yeah, I love solo Bruce and almost ordered this show, but when I listened to the samples I couldn't stand the twang. The 2005 Devils and Dust tour shows are where it's at.

Huh, I had no idea it was available on live.bruce and released officially hence the etree link; definitely a more odd selection.
I finally got the Keys to My Success bootlegs on my drive to listen, will give those a whirl tomorrow as I seem to recall some different renditions from the expansive Love, Tears and Mystery set. Agreed it is a fantastic tour.

_________________
absinthe makes the heart grow fonder...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Wed July 01, 2020 1:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:47 pm
Posts: 2389
Have to share.
I finally heard Nebraska and Darkness on the Edge of town

:)

_________________
It's not our house that we remember,
it’s a feeling outside it when everyone's gone but we leave all the lights on anyway.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Wed July 01, 2020 3:22 am 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 7:55 pm
Posts: 2434
And you’ve been changed for the better...


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: VinylGuy and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri July 10, 2020 12:48 am