Red Mosquito
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/

Bruce Springsteen
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=569
Page 71 of 83

Author:  Monkey_Driven [ Sat April 04, 2020 4:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bruce Springsteen

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
The Rising is absurdly bloated. Virtually no albums should ever be over 70 minutes. That's fucking insane.


It's like a movie longer than 2.5 hours.

Author:  evenslow [ Sat April 04, 2020 4:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bruce Springsteen

Monkey_Driven wrote:
evenslow wrote:
liebzz wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Thurman Murman wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Magic is the high water mark of his late career output.


I'm completely with you on this. The Rising and Western Stars are both good for sure...but IMO neither compares to Magic which I think is far and away his best post-Tunnel of Love work.

agreed


I would say that Magic, The Rising, and Western Stars are all close. The Seeger Sessions, if you count them, are probably tops...but I would say post -Born in the USA since I prefer all of those albums to Tunnel of Love.

my retracked Rising might take the cake. that album was always way too long.


What is your retracking?


Lonesome Day
Into the Fire
Waitin' on a Sunny Day
Nothing Man
Empty Sky
Mary's Place
You're Missing
The Rising
My City of Ruins

That's still a 43-minute record that I think says what it needs to say, has summits and valleys while keeping high quality throughout.

Ixnay:
Countin' on a Miracle - overblown - production hurts it
World's Apart - overstuffed and odd
Let's Be Friends (Skin to Skin) - doesn't fit the theme - too minor
Further On (Up the Road) - boring
The Fuse - monotonous
Paradise - beautiful things going on here I just don't like his delivery at all

Author:  LoathedVermin72 [ Sat April 04, 2020 5:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bruce Springsteen

evenslow wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
evenslow wrote:
liebzz wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Thurman Murman wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Magic is the high water mark of his late career output.


I'm completely with you on this. The Rising and Western Stars are both good for sure...but IMO neither compares to Magic which I think is far and away his best post-Tunnel of Love work.

agreed


I would say that Magic, The Rising, and Western Stars are all close. The Seeger Sessions, if you count them, are probably tops...but I would say post -Born in the USA since I prefer all of those albums to Tunnel of Love.

my retracked Rising might take the cake. that album was always way too long.


What is your retracking?


Lonesome Day
Into the Fire
Waitin' on a Sunny Day
Nothing Man
Empty Sky
Mary's Place
You're Missing
The Rising
My City of Ruins

That's still a 43-minute record that I think says what it needs to say, has summits and valleys while keeping high quality throughout.

Ixnay:
Countin' on a Miracle - overblown - production hurts it
World's Apart - overstuffed and odd
Let's Be Friends (Skin to Skin) - doesn't fit the theme - too minor
Further On (Up the Road) - boring
The Fuse - monotonous
Paradise - beautiful things going on here I just don't like his delivery at all

I absolutely hate this retracking. So, so wrong. You cut almost all of the best songs!!! And left on Into the Fire, maybe his worst song ever.

Ugh. Terrible. Terrible! :shake:

Every song you cut is on my retracked version.

Author:  evenslow [ Sat April 04, 2020 5:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bruce Springsteen

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
evenslow wrote:
liebzz wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Thurman Murman wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Magic is the high water mark of his late career output.


I'm completely with you on this. The Rising and Western Stars are both good for sure...but IMO neither compares to Magic which I think is far and away his best post-Tunnel of Love work.

agreed


I would say that Magic, The Rising, and Western Stars are all close. The Seeger Sessions, if you count them, are probably tops...but I would say post -Born in the USA since I prefer all of those albums to Tunnel of Love.

my retracked Rising might take the cake. that album was always way too long.


What is your retracking?


Lonesome Day
Into the Fire
Waitin' on a Sunny Day
Nothing Man
Empty Sky
Mary's Place
You're Missing
The Rising
My City of Ruins

That's still a 43-minute record that I think says what it needs to say, has summits and valleys while keeping high quality throughout.

Ixnay:
Countin' on a Miracle - overblown - production hurts it
World's Apart - overstuffed and odd
Let's Be Friends (Skin to Skin) - doesn't fit the theme - too minor
Further On (Up the Road) - boring
The Fuse - monotonous
Paradise - beautiful things going on here I just don't like his delivery at all

I absolutely hate this retracking. So, so wrong. You cut the two of the best songs!!! And left on Into the Fire, maybe his worst song ever.

Ugh. Terrible. Terrible! :shake:

You and I agree on Kanye and that's it.

Author:  LoathedVermin72 [ Sat April 04, 2020 5:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bruce Springsteen

Further On is a contender for my #1 favorite Springsteen song.

Author:  LoathedVermin72 [ Sat April 04, 2020 5:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bruce Springsteen

I am furious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author:  evenslow [ Sat April 04, 2020 5:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bruce Springsteen

I can't work with that.

Author:  LoathedVermin72 [ Sat April 04, 2020 5:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bruce Springsteen

Correct retracking:

1. Paradise
2. Countin' on a Miracle
3. The Fuse
4. Further On (Up the Road)
5. Waitin' on a Sunny Day
6. The Rising
7. Let's Be Friends (Skin to Skin)
8. Lonesome Day
9. Mary's Place
10. My City of Ruins
11. Worlds Apart

Author:  Strat [ Sat April 04, 2020 5:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bruce Springsteen

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Further On is a contender for my #1 favorite Springsteen song.

Yea this is a great great song.

Author:  evenslow [ Sat April 04, 2020 5:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bruce Springsteen

you can't start the album off with paradise. it's not allowed.

i'd rather listen to high hopes on repeat than that tracklist.

Author:  LoathedVermin72 [ Sat April 04, 2020 5:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bruce Springsteen

evenslow wrote:
you can't start the album off with paradise. it's not allowed.

i'd rather listen to high hopes on repeat than that tracklist.

quiet openers >>>>>

Author:  LoathedVermin72 [ Sat April 04, 2020 5:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bruce Springsteen

also High Hopes rules

Author:  evenslow [ Sat April 04, 2020 5:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bruce Springsteen

i rest my case. :wave:

Author:  liebzz [ Sat April 04, 2020 5:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bruce Springsteen

I feel like I need to listen to The Rising again and retrack it myself after this.

High Hopes is an interesting beast, mostly because it shows its b-side colors in the way it is so uneven but still have some real quality stuff in there.

Author:  LoathedVermin72 [ Sat April 04, 2020 5:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bruce Springsteen

evenslow wrote:
i rest my case. :wave:

why dont you go listen to sappy ass into the fire you dunce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author:  Monkey_Driven [ Sat April 04, 2020 5:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bruce Springsteen

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
also High Hopes rules


Not really as a standalone album.

Author:  Strat [ Sat April 04, 2020 7:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bruce Springsteen

retracking is for pussies

Author:  LoathedVermin72 [ Sat April 04, 2020 8:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bruce Springsteen

Not retracking is for pussies

Author:  Strat [ Sat April 04, 2020 8:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bruce Springsteen

if you think you know better than the boss then you can just fuck right off

Author:  LoathedVermin72 [ Sat April 04, 2020 8:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bruce Springsteen

He is not beyond reproach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 71 of 83 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/