The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1893 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sun February 19, 2023 7:09 pm 
Future Drummer

Monkey_Driven wrote:
February 18th

Monkey_Driven wrote:
How was the show?

PostPosted: Mon February 20, 2023 7:04 pm 
The Master

oasisfan35 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
February 18th

Monkey_Driven wrote:
How was the show?

Very good show. Much tighter (about 2.5 hours long) and less improvisational than the other times I've seen him, but the E Street Band really delivered. The horns section and the background singers really filled out the sound and gave some of the older stuff some fun wrinkles. Bruce himself does not move around much on stage.

I found the new songs to be very good live (especially Nightshift and Letter To You). He did two solo acoustic songs too. Those performances were clearly inspired by his Broadway show. His singing on those was terrific. The encore felt a bit rushed, but they hit all the beats of his normal performances.

I went to the show with my wife and parents. My dad realized he first saw Bruce 45 years ago on the Darkness tour. That sort of put the whole thing in perspective. Very cool to see it with my parents after everything they've been through the past couple of years.

PostPosted: Mon February 20, 2023 7:09 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

That’s awesome. I am really looking forward to Belmont in April, but it sort of feels more like a goodbye leading into it.

PostPosted: Mon February 20, 2023 7:39 pm 
Major Dude

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Bruce himself does not move around much on stage.

Of course not. He’s 80 fucking years old! Surprised he’s not just sitting in a chair the whole time.

PostPosted: Mon February 20, 2023 7:54 pm 
The Master

wease wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Of course not. He’s 80 fucking years old! Surprised he’s not just sitting in a chair the whole time.

I'm even more impressed by Max Weinberg.

PostPosted: Mon February 20, 2023 8:08 pm 
Major Dude

Monkey_Driven wrote:
wease wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Love him.

PostPosted: Mon February 20, 2023 9:57 pm 
Future Drummer

wease wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

I feel he sounds better right now than during the Broadway run, that said...

liebzz wrote:
That’s awesome. I am really looking forward to Belmont in April, but it sort of feels more like a goodbye leading into it.

I started listening to the Broadway live release again over the weekend and just couldn't do it, his voice is rougher for sure but it really is a reminder that it's gettin' about that time :-|

PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2023 12:10 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Yeah I think the Broadway stuff was just different. I mean, I saw one of those Broadway shows and he sounded great, but it’s not 1978 anymore, so I am cool with that.

He has used the age in his voice to great effect really on Western Stars and on Only the Strong Survive, and even the booming Letter to You isn’t faking their aging. He’s definitely aged gracefully. My only wish is that he used the E Street Band for Only the Strong Survive because their energy would have been fabulous on those covers (see The Promise).

In any event, I am not sure whether he stops at 73/74, but inevitably the shows take on a different weight, especially because he is a rock star that tracks as much as a superhero, capable of maintaining that youth and vitality live for so long.

PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2023 1:42 am 
AnalLog

Monkey_Driven wrote:
wease wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

I went to Feb 14th in Houston. I really have no idea how Max does this. It might be a robot.

PostPosted: Wed February 22, 2023 3:59 am 
AnalLog

I've been somewhat on the fence about trying to catch him one more time (i saw him on the Devils & Dust tour solo and supporting Magic). But i got the email tonight with my code for the verified fan sale tomorrow so thinking ill give it a go.

PostPosted: Wed February 22, 2023 4:03 pm 
The Master

Thurman Murman wrote:
I've been somewhat on the fence about trying to catch him one more time (i saw him on the Devils & Dust tour solo and supporting Magic). But i got the email tonight with my code for the verified fan sale tomorrow so thinking ill give it a go.

You should try to get tickets if you can.

PostPosted: Wed February 22, 2023 8:32 pm 
AnalLog

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Thurman Murman wrote:

So i was able to get thru this morning and had the opportunity to buy side stage 100 level for $450 each...i ended up passing. I might totally regret it but at this stage i just wasnt feeling dropping a grand to see the band one more time.

PostPosted: Wed February 22, 2023 8:51 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

He's also done a good job at staying in shape all these years. Good weight maintenance.

Rock on.

PostPosted: Wed February 22, 2023 8:57 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

I didn’t get into the presale. I still have April 11th though.

PostPosted: Wed February 22, 2023 10:00 pm 
The Master

Thurman Murman wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Thurman Murman wrote:

So i was able to get thru this morning and had the opportunity to buy side stage 100 level for $450 each...i ended up passing. I might totally regret it but at this stage i just wasnt feeling dropping a grand to see the band one more time.

Looks like you had "dynamic pricing" strike! Just wait until closer to the date of the show, prices will go down.

PostPosted: Wed February 22, 2023 11:38 pm 
Major Dude

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Thurman Murman wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Thurman Murman wrote:

Looks like you had "dynamic pricing" strike! Just wait until closer to the date of the show, prices will go down.

WTF is dynamic pricing?

PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2023 12:17 am 
AnalLog

wease wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Thurman Murman wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Thurman Murman wrote:

WTF is dynamic pricing?

Exactly how it sounds. Every seat *could* change price as the seats get sold. Seats sell faster than they expect? Rest of them go up in price. But it's more likely that those $450 seats were priced like that from the start. Bruce is just scalping his own tickets now. Can't really blame him for it. I just find it odd he never did a 10 Club kind of thing w/ tickets and non transferable but I guess he never wanted to deal with it.

PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2023 1:36 am 
AnalLog

Im pretty sure they were priced like that from the start. There were seats available higher up that were a bit cheaper but ive gotten spoiled over the years and it was kind of 100 level or bust for me. But couldnt justify the price....for now.

PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2023 1:39 am 
The Master

Thurman Murman wrote:
Im pretty sure they were priced like that from the start. There were seats available higher up that were a bit cheaper but ive gotten spoiled over the years and it was kind of 100 level or bust for me. But couldnt justify the price....for now.

Nah, I think the baseline price for lower bowl tickets was in the $250- range for the first leg of the shows.

PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2023 1:53 am 
AnalLog

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Thurman Murman wrote:

Nah, I think the baseline price for lower bowl tickets was in the $250- range for the first leg of the shows.

How can that be if 5 min after it goes on sale he has $450 tickets? I think you might be confusing "baseline" prices and platinum prices. It's a whole new ball game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1893 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands