The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 95  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sat October 26, 2019 2:41 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
The difficult thing is he still looks amazing and not a day over 55.

I disagree with this, I think he’s starting to look like 60-65

Point is - he’s a stud and looks amazing.

But he has finally shorn his age. His shoulders are tight and don’t move. :(

he does look his age in the face but the body is all 48 year old construction worker :luv: :shock: :naughty: :li:

PostPosted: Sat October 26, 2019 2:42 pm 
Stone's Bitch

liebzz wrote:
I haven’t watched it but listening to the “soundtrack”. I think his voice sounds great. The songs themselves don’t require him to push his voice too hard and it’s meant to be a bit more subdued and his delivery sounds great. Patti sounds horrid though, although I have never been a fan of her voice.

thought she sounded great on springsteen on broadway (especially brilliant disguise) but yeah overall her voice doesn't do a ton for me.

PostPosted: Tue November 05, 2019 7:51 pm 
The Master

C'mon Bruce. Give me more!! Lets get an album and tour going.

PostPosted: Tue November 05, 2019 10:19 pm 
The Master

I'm really happy the movie and soundtrack exist, since we never got that solo tour to promote it.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2019 2:22 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Was listening to an interview with Thom Zimny and he basically said that the impediment to a tour was carting around the orchestra everywhere - cuz if Bruce did it he wanted to do it right. So instead they used the movie as a document for the album.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2019 5:05 pm 
The Master

evenslow wrote:
Was listening to an interview with Thom Zimny and he basically said that the impediment to a tour was carting around the orchestra everywhere - cuz if Bruce did it he wanted to do it right. So instead they used the movie as a document for the album.

That makes a lot of sense.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2019 5:15 pm 
Production Police

Monkey_Driven wrote:
evenslow wrote:

Bruce tix are, what, already $250? Those would be some damn expensive tix if he brought a full orchestra.

For comparison, I saw Brian Wilson with a small orchestra -- more like a deluxe chamber orchestra -- at the Pavilion in Boston for like $150/ea. Some I'm sure Bruce could potentially price his lower if he *wanted*.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2019 5:31 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
evenslow wrote:

Bruce tix are, what, already $250? Those would be some damn expensive tix if he brought a full orchestra.

For comparison, I saw Brian Wilson with a small orchestra -- more like a deluxe chamber orchestra -- at the Pavilion in Boston for like $150/ea. Some I'm sure Bruce could potentially price his lower if he *wanted*.

Bruce and the E Street Band is usually less $100 unless you sit really close. His theatre tours were more expensive, but it's been awhile.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2019 5:41 pm 
Production Police

Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
evenslow wrote:

Bruce and the E Street Band is usually less $100 unless you sit really close. His theatre tours were more expensive, but it's been awhile.

Oh, I thought his tix were like some of the most expensive out there? Maybe I got that from the theater tours.

Also, nice use of "theatre." Way to class up the joint, MD.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2019 5:42 pm 
Future Drummer

Monkey_Driven wrote:
evenslow wrote:

The Who is currently doing dates with 45 piece orchestras. They only bring their lead violinist and cello-ist with them on the road. The organize the remainder of the orchestra in each city and have them practice, playing from charts without the band until soundcheck.

It can be done.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2019 6:04 pm 
Stone's Bitch

tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
evenslow wrote:

Oh, I thought his tix were like some of the most expensive out there? Maybe I got that from the theater tours.

The last few times I've seen Bruce it's been about $100-120 for pretty good seats. He doesn't charge nearly as much as he could.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2019 6:12 pm 
Future Drummer

evenslow wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
evenslow wrote:

The last few times I've seen Bruce it's been about $100-120 for pretty good seats. He doesn't charge nearly as much as he could.

Absolutely true, the day Vedder solo tix were more than Springsteen pit tix was when I stopped attending the former.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2019 6:20 pm 
Production Police

oasisfan35 wrote:
evenslow wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
evenslow wrote:

Absolutely true, the day Vedder solo tix were more than Springsteen pit tix was when I stopped attending the former.

I had no idea, I assumed that despite how high Ed's tix had gotten, they still weren't up there with Bruce tix. That's pretty shitty.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2019 8:11 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Had a nice morning run over the Manhattan Bridge listening to Born to Run. Even after hearing that album so many times it keeps getting better on each listen.

PostPosted: Tue March 31, 2020 4:26 pm 
The Master

I declare Lucky Town and High Hopes to be the most underrated Springsteen albums. I have a soft spot for Human Touch too but half of it sucks.

PostPosted: Tue March 31, 2020 4:50 pm 
AnalLog

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I declare Lucky Town and High Hopes to be the most underrated Springsteen albums. I have a soft spot for Human Touch too but half of it sucks.

Lucky Town and the MTV live album from around that time are probably my most listened to Bruce albums.

PostPosted: Tue March 31, 2020 6:49 pm 
She / Her

where should one start if they were intrigued to hear more Bruce? the last I heard was a bit of the famous 80s stuff (I'm not afraid of the cheese, I was a Bryan Adams fan), and "Streets of Philadelphia" is 100% my aesthetic

I've been inspired to try again with his sound by its influence on Gigaton, notably "Seven O'Clock"

PostPosted: Tue March 31, 2020 8:17 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Ms Harmless wrote:
where should one start if they were intrigued to hear more Bruce? the last I heard was a bit of the famous 80s stuff (I'm not afraid of the cheese, I was a Bryan Adams fan), and "Streets of Philadelphia" is 100% my aesthetic

I've been inspired to try again with his sound by its influence on Gigaton, notably "Seven O'Clock"

The song "Secret Garden"

But real Bruce is his first few albums IMO. Try Blinded By The Light, Incident at 57th Street, Rosalita, Born To Run, Tenth Avenure Freeze Out.

PostPosted: Tue March 31, 2020 8:30 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

rick malone wrote:
Ms Harmless wrote:

The song "Secret Garden"

But real Bruce is his first few albums IMO. Try Blinded By The Light, Incident at 57th Street, Rosalita, Born To Run, Tenth Avenure Freeze Out.

And then if you want something newer from him, I'd say go with the Magic album.

PostPosted: Wed April 01, 2020 2:00 pm 
She / Her

Stardog Champion wrote:
rick malone wrote:
Ms Harmless wrote:

The song "Secret Garden"

And then if you want something newer from him, I'd say go with the Magic album.

OK awesome, thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 95  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands