The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 95  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Wed September 16, 2020 3:29 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Strat wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
Yeah, Clarence was a big loss -- will this be the first proper E Street album without him?

Looks like he played on two tracks on High Hopes but i guess a lot of that stuff was older material yea?

Seem to recall that at least one of those solos was a fly-in from a live performance.

PostPosted: Wed September 16, 2020 10:11 pm 
tl;dr

McParadigm wrote:
Strat wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
Yeah, Clarence was a big loss -- will this be the first proper E Street album without him?

Looks like he played on two tracks on High Hopes but i guess a lot of that stuff was older material yea?

Seem to recall that at least one of those solos was a fly-in from a live performance.

I am pretty sure this is true of "Land of Hope and Dreams" on Wrecking Ball, not sure if it's true of anything on High Hopes or not...

PostPosted: Wed September 16, 2020 10:15 pm 
Posting (live)

Yeah KD, that was definitely the case with Land Of Hope and Dreams. It was a massive part of the promotion for that album.

Looking at the High Hopes wiki it was Harry's Place and Down In The Hole so they must have been studio takes from 2001-2008.

PostPosted: Thu September 17, 2020 12:24 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

I was just appreciating Clarence on Hammersmith Odeon the other day. That whole second disc is amazing

PostPosted: Sun September 20, 2020 10:18 pm 
Posting (live)

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/bruce-springsteen-interview-new-album-touring-e-street-band-1059109/

Quote:
Before 2019, Springsteen hadn’t written a song he thought would work for the E Street Band “in about six or seven years. I’ve written a lot of other kinds of music.” He had a particularly fruitful burst of songwriting at the start of the decade, which led to 2012’s Wrecking Ball (fiery populist-protest lyrics, experimental-for-Bruce production), last year’s belatedly released Western Stars (melodically surprising, slyly autobiographical orchestral pop), and a third album that’s “in the can,” he says, declining to elaborate.

Quote:
He’s got “a lot of projects” in the works, including all of that work on his archives, which include various full “lost albums” along with more scattered outtakes. (Weinberg, for one, has been in the studio to overdub at least 40 old songs “in all different styles” over the past three years. “Any other artist would kill to get these songs,” the drummer says.) Some of these songs will appear on a second volume of Tracks, some perhaps in other formats. “There’s a lot of really good music left,” Springsteen says, noting that he enjoys collaborating with his former selves. “You just go back there. It’s not that hard. If I pull out something from 1980, or 1985, or 1970, it’s amazing how you can slip into that voice. It’s just sort of a headspace. All of those voices remain available to me, if I want to go to them.”

PostPosted: Mon September 21, 2020 1:02 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Tracks, The Promise, The Ties That Bind...plus new albums every couple of years for 47 years! Crazy that he purportedly has all this extra material!

PostPosted: Mon September 21, 2020 1:24 am 
Posting (live)

I think he'll do a massive Nebraska/BitUSA box for maybe the 30th anniversary too.

Lots to look forward to even without any tours (maybe especially without any tours).

PostPosted: Thu September 24, 2020 1:02 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Listened to Nebraska again this morning. I really love this album. Open All Night is so good.

PostPosted: Thu September 24, 2020 4:59 pm 
Future Drummer

liebzz wrote:
Listened to Nebraska again this morning. I really love this album. Open All Night is so good.

I was listening to Atlantic City '05 when you posted this and I agree, might be my favorite Seeger Sessions rework as well.

PostPosted: Thu September 24, 2020 7:27 pm 
AnalLog

liebzz wrote:

Yes! When I first heard Never Destination I immediately thought of Open All Night. I know they don't sound alike, but the spirit is the same....at least in my head.

I love that album as much now as when I first heard it.

PostPosted: Thu September 24, 2020 9:47 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

See I love it more- when I first heard it I still had a notion of what I thought Springsteen should sound like. It took many listens over the years to really put my head into this album and I love it more each time I hear it.

PostPosted: Fri September 25, 2020 11:46 am 
Future Drummer

Bruce Springsteen Shares Ghosts Single

PostPosted: Mon September 28, 2020 8:40 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

I wish Bruce would put his live archive on Spotify. I don’t want to pay for nugs too.

PostPosted: Mon September 28, 2020 8:49 pm 
AnalLog

liebzz wrote:
See I love it more- when I first heard it I still had a notion of what I thought Springsteen should sound like. It took many listens over the years to really put my head into this album and I love it more each time I hear it.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue September 29, 2020 2:13 am 
Future Drummer

liebzz wrote:
I wish Bruce would put his live archive on Spotify. I don’t want to pay for nugs too.

I feel like his Live Series: Songs... had an official playlist on there, they are compilations from the available live gigs with a theme, Volume One was:

Songs from the Road
1. Thunder Road (Live at the Palace Theatre, Albany, NY – 02/07/77)
2. Highway 29 (Live at King’s Hall, Belfast, UK – 03/19/96)
3. Incident On 57th Street (Live at the Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ – 09/20/78)
4. Open All Night (Live at New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, New Orleans, LA – 04/30/06)
5. Stolen Car (Live at the ASU Activity Center, Tempe, AZ – 11/05/80)
6. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out (Live at the Auditorium Theatre, Rochester, NY – 02/08/77)
7. Out In the Street (Live at the Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA – 10/20/09)
8. Drive All Night (Live at Madison Square Garden, New York, NY – 11/08/09)
9. Born to Run (Live at the Brendan Byrne Arena, East Rutherford, NJ – 08/05/84)
10. Used Cars (Live at St. Rose of Lima School, Freehold, NJ – 11/08/96)
11. Action in the Streets (Live at the Palace Theatre, Albany, NY – 02/07/77)
12. Racing In the Street (Live at the Agora, Cleveland, OH – 08/09/78)
13. Working On the Highway (Live at Ippodromo delle Capannelle, Rome, Italy – 07/11/13)
14. The E Street Shuffle (Live at TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA – 11/19/07)
15. Cadillac Ranch (Live at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Uniondale, NY – 12/31/80)

PostPosted: Tue September 29, 2020 2:16 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Yeah I saw those. I want the full shows without separately purchasing them and having them at the ready in a convenient manner.

PostPosted: Tue September 29, 2020 12:11 pm 
Future Drummer

liebzz wrote:
Yeah I saw those. I want the full shows without separately purchasing them and having them at the ready in a convenient manner.

Such a simple request ;)

I don't stream personally, I could set up my Synology to stream my personal collection but eh. Listening to the '12 Apollo show now, I think the Boss and Isbell camps might be the best at mixing live releases currently.

PostPosted: Tue September 29, 2020 12:58 pm 
Stone's Bitch

oasisfan35 wrote:
Bruce Springsteen Shares Ghosts Single

listened to this once and the music/melody really stayed with me. but those lyrics are very hallmark card-y for ol' Bruce. wish he took another pass on a few of those lines.

will definitely be one of those live songs with slow-mo shots of danny, clarence, et al up on the video screen.

PostPosted: Tue September 29, 2020 3:39 pm 
Rank This Poster

Love the newest official boot

PostPosted: Tue September 29, 2020 5:00 pm 
Future Drummer

i got bugs wrote:
Love the newest official boot

Hadn't realized that the multi-track recordings from 1984 are limited to the Brendan Byrne run, I've had the SPAC boot forever and it's a rough one, oh well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 95  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands